Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:44 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:JayRam is talking himself right into another "Villarreal is a pub team and we'll beat them easy" scenario.

This won't end well if by Christmas we're outside of the top 4 again on our way to another slide.

You have your "No Europe" so I expect to go from 8th to 4th place season finish absolute minimum.

Anything like 6th or 7th is another abject failure, with no Europe to distract us by daring us to be a proper successfull club, the minimum requirement will be to jump up the Premier league, and not by just 1 -2 places but 3-5 places minimum.

........... I mean by not being in Europe, what else is there to do?

Sorry but you are talking gibberish.
Villareal are a poor side. We lost to a poor side that we should have beaten. So what? Happens.

I expect us to be outside the top 4 at Christmas. Top 6 is progress. I would expect us to be at least in touching distance of top 4 though.
Not said any more than that, so I am not sure what you are referring to when you say 'this won't end well'? What won't end well?

5th/6th and a chance of top4. That is what I have said.

Moving up a couple of places and being closer to top 4 till the end of the season will be easier for us now that we don;t have to play on Thursday nights.

Why are you setting up silly confrontation?
Is everything a pissing contest with you?

If you think 6th is the standard then you should just shut up now.

If you think aiming for 6th place when we have no Europe, no planes to get on (as you put it), is even near acceptable then there is no discussion to be had.

Your standards have been dumbed down to that of a Tottenham or Aston Villa fan, we are still Arsenal last time I checked, the only thing that's changed is our manager is shite, why should we be expecting a result that a lesser club would expect?

PS - Poor sides don't beat AFC and Man Utd to win a European final, they are a mediocre side if not decent, they are not "poor".

5th/6th is a good season because of where we are as a club.
If we finish top 4, its a really great season. Not impossible, but I think we'll need some luck to do that.
5th/6th is not where we need to stay, we need to push on from there over the next few seasons.

How about 15 mins from sixth?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:48 am

jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:People just don't understand football or Arsenal history.

Awful record in Europe. People want us to be in the CL when we can't even win the Europa.

And now we can't even qualify for that. We aren't even Europa level ffs

25 years in a row in Europe destroyed by an awful manager with a shit process we don't trust.

How is 25 years destroyed LOL.
Hilarious.

You will understand when Arteta ruins his 5-month legacy of almost Top 4 form.

He has only been here 18 months.
No legacy yet.
He's done pretty well but he needs to get us back in the to 4 over the next 2-3 seasons.

Now I know you are wuming lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:53 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:JayRam is talking himself right into another "Villarreal is a pub team and we'll beat them easy" scenario.

This won't end well if by Christmas we're outside of the top 4 again on our way to another slide.

You have your "No Europe" so I expect to go from 8th to 4th place season finish absolute minimum.

Anything like 6th or 7th is another abject failure, with no Europe to distract us by daring us to be a proper successfull club, the minimum requirement will be to jump up the Premier league, and not by just 1 -2 places but 3-5 places minimum.

Villareal are a poor side. We lost to a poor side that we should have beaten. So what? Happens.

I expect us to be outside the top 4 at Christmas. Top 6 is progress. I would expect us to be at least in touching distance of top 4 though.
Not said any more than that, so I am not sure what you are referring to when you say 'this won't end well'? What won't end well?

Moving up a couple of places and being closer to top 4 till the end of the season will be easier for us now that we don;t have to play on Thursday nights.

If you think aiming for 6th place when we have no Europe, no planes to get on (as you put it), is even near acceptable then there is no discussion to be had.

Your standards have been dumbed down to that of a Tottenham or Aston Villa fan, we are still Arsenal last time I checked, the only thing that's changed is our manager is shite, why should we be expecting a result that a lesser club would expect?

PS - Poor sides don't beat AFC and Man Utd to win a European final, they are a mediocre side if not decent, they are not "poor".

If we finish top 4, its a really great season. Not impossible, but I think we'll need some luck to do that.
5th/6th is not where we need to stay, we need to push on from there over the next few seasons.

So who put us in that position then? Do you think in your wildest dream it could be because we have a clown as a manager?
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:26 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

So who put us in that position then? Do you think in your wildest dream it could be because we have a clown as a manager?

No, it was not Arteta.
This club had become a club of losers a long time before Arteta became manager.
Our squad was also ruined a long time ago. year after year getting worse and worse.
When Arteta took over we were in the freefall that I had known (and said) we'd spin into years before.

Arteta has steadied the ship and for the first time in a while i can see a core of a squad that can get us back into the top 4 over the next few seasons.

He's done it not without errors, but I put that down to him being a rookie manager and somewhat of an authoritarian (that he needs to dial back).

If the argument was 'Arteta has made some stupid errors', I'd agree.
If the argument was 'Arteta should never have been appointed in the first place', I'd agree.

But you will not get me to agree on all the doom-mongering and labelling Arteta as a clown or shit.

I would point out this is an Arsenal forum. You and some others are acting no differently to a rival fan signing up for the sole purposes of winding up Arsenal fans by telling us how shit the club and everything about it is every day. THAT is wumming.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:03 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

No, it was not Arteta.
Our squad was also ruined a long time ago. year after year getting worse and worse.
When Arteta took over we were in the freefall that I had known (and said) we'd spin into years before.

Arteta has steadied the ship and for the first time in a while i can see a core of a squad that can get us back into the top 4 over the next few seasons.

He's done it not without errors, but I put that down to him being a rookie manager and somewhat of an authoritarian (that he needs to dial back).

If the argument was 'Arteta should never have been appointed in the first place', I'd agree.

But you will not get me to agree on all the doom-mongering and labelling Arteta as a clown or shit.

I would point out this is an Arsenal forum. You and some others are acting no differently to a rival fan signing up for the sole purposes of winding up Arsenal fans by telling us how shit the club and everything about it is every day. THAT is wumming.

Finished second in 2016
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:11 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

No, it was not Arteta.

I think it's only you that thinks the clown is doing well, I am not slating the club just that useless clown of a manager. I think you are winding up more people with your wuming crapola lol
I think unlike you a lot of people can see what a rubish manager he is and how stupid it was to appoint him in the first place he is not good enough for our club. So you expect people to lay down and take this shite from a clown of a manager. People who love the club want more than mediocrity and will voice their opinion on that. If you do nothing things will stay as they are, I for one am not happy with settling for the middle of the table and no European football as I suspect are a lot of people.
Last edited by Nuggets on Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggets

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 am

We have no chance at top 4 with our current squad.

It needs to be strengthened massively. If not I can only see us falling further away from top 4.

2 weeks until the start of the season ... The club needs to bring in some quality players asap
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Awful record in Europe. People want us to be in the CL when we can't even win the Europa.

25 years in a row in Europe destroyed by an awful manager with a shit process we don't trust.

Hilarious.

No legacy yet.
He's done pretty well but he needs to get us back in the to 4 over the next 2-3 seasons.

Got to agree, he’s not done well at all, nobody could have ever imagined a scenario where we’d end up 8th, never mind 8th 2 seasons in a row which is what he’s achieved.

And before anyone says the first season wasn’t him, he was in charge for half a season and had plenty of opportunities to do better than 8th.

8th for a club for a club like Arsenal is terrible.

Anyone thinking this guy can get us into the top 4 now or next season is living in a dreamland, he’s not a top 4 manager.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 am

alexafc12 wrote:We have no chance at top 4 with our current squad.

It needs to be strengthened massively. If not I can only see us falling further away from top 4.

2 weeks until the start of the season ... The club needs to bring in some quality players asap

It’s not so much the squad as the manager, we have no chance of top 4 with the manager.

Leicester and West Ham were in the hunt for top 4 last season, with our squad we should have been able to challenge for that, unfortunately the signings made are underwhelming and probably the wrong ones thus far.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 am

Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Hilarious.

No legacy yet.

Got to agree, he’s not done well at all, nobody could have ever imagined a scenario where we’d end up 8th, never mind 8th 2 seasons in a row which is what he’s achieved.

And before anyone says the first season wasn’t him, he was in charge for half a season and had plenty of opportunities to do better than 8th.

Anyone thinking this guy can get us into the top 4 now or next season is living in a dreamland, he’s not a top 4 manager.

He might achieve that in the conference but not in the premiership.
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

No, it was not Arteta.

I think it's only you that thinks the clown is doing well, I am not slating the club just that useless clown of a manager. I think you are winding up more people with your wuming crapola lol
I think unlike you a lot of people can see what a rubish manager he is and how stupid it was to appoint him in the first place he is not good enough for our club. So you expect people to lay down and take this shite from a clown of a manager. People who love the club want more than mediocrity and will voice their opinion on that. If you do nothing things will stay as they are, I for one am not happy with settling for the middle of the table and no European football as I suspect are a lot of people.

An Arsenal forum with a poster accentuating the positives going into a new season and a poster constantly deriding the entire club... And in some cases openly stating that they hope the club fails
I know which one is actual wumming. I see far less attacks on our club from Spurs fans than I do from some on here

I don't mind the club manager or players being criticized. I do it myself. But every single subject brings out the same people with the same shit.

I mean seriously, are you even going to be happy if we have a good season??!?? Or will it all of a sudden be despite Arteta??? I can already see it coming.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:59 am

Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Hilarious.

No legacy yet.

The first season was not just Arteta. It has to be said again as you keep on with laying it all on him
He actually did well given the shambles here took over.
We even won the FA Cup.
Most fans were happy and enthusiastic heading into last season.
Don't try and rewrite history.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:30 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Hilarious.

No legacy yet.

The first season was not just Arteta. It has to be said again as you keep on with laying it all on him
We even won the FA Cup.

No he didn’t do well, we were 8th and he had over half a season, as for the FA cup yes it was a good win, but one legged cup competitons always give you a chance of an upset and that wasn’t our main goal for the season.

Yes they were because the FA cup win papered over the cracks just as it did with Wenger in latter years, winning that isn’t a true measure of performance.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:36 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Hilarious.

No legacy yet.

We even won the FA Cup.

No he didn’t do well, we were 8th and he had over half a season, as for the FA cup yes it was a good win, but one legged cup competitons always give you a chance of an upset and that wasn’t our main goal for the season.

Yes they were because the FA cup win papered over the cracks just as it did with Wenger in latter years, winning that isn’t a true measure of performance.

Just enjoy the new season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hybrid47 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:46 am

I don't always agree with Jayram but on this occasion I do.

I'm optimistic this will be the season Arteta tries to address our creativity issues. He's made us more competitive and harder to beat and the end of last season we were the second best team in the league results wise.

Ok, it wasn't pretty at times and the issues were glaring. With a fully fit Partey and the additions we've made so far I'm quietly optimistic about this season.

My biggest issue was how much deadwood we've been carrying and slowly but surely they are being weeded out.

Yes, there has also been mistakes here and there and that comes with any job. That said I like Mikel and I think this season he may start to show why so many people in the industry think so highly of him.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk