Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The problem I have with your analysis Jay is your hope that our closing form will contiue to be our openng form, for next season. I have zero confidence that will happen, I have more confidence there will be another shit storm. this is because Arteta doesn't seem to have learned anything and he continued to make stupid decisions for the entire season.

That's not really a problem.
Just because I take some positives from a run of good form, it doesn't mean I am saying the form will continue into next year and through next year.
That I do not know, we'll have to wait and see.
I am just more positive than you, that's all - and given that Arteta seems to be staying I don't see any need to labour on the negatives all summer.

The reason people are negative are because he’s been rubbish and they don’t want him to stay.

Him staying cannot be seen positively, it’s bad for this club and thus a huge negative and doesn’t make you look forward to what will most likely be another car crash season with him in charge (we’ve had two under him already in the league).

He should have been sacked, he hasn’t, this make most unenthusiastic and not excited about next season.

If Arteta is sacked that will change, if he isn’t that’s how it’s going to be.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby yadunoe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:39 pm

artetea should of been sacked emery should of been sacked after baku both didnt happen because kroenke doesnt have ambition
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Paddy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:50 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The problem I have with your analysis Jay is your hope that our closing form will contiue to be our openng form, for next season. I have zero confidence that will happen, I have more confidence there will be another shit storm. this is because Arteta doesn't seem to have learned anything and he continued to make stupid decisions for the entire season.

Just because I take some positives from a run of good form, it doesn't mean I am saying the form will continue into next year and through next year.
I am just more positive than you, that's all - and given that Arteta seems to be staying I don't see any need to labour on the negatives all summer.

The reason people are negative are because he’s been rubbish and they don’t want him to stay.

Him staying cannot be seen positively, it’s bad for this club and thus a huge negative and doesn’t make you look forward to what will most likely be another car crash season with him in charge (we’ve had two under him already in the league).

He should have been sacked, he hasn’t, this make most unenthusiastic and not excited about next season.

no we need to be positive about two 8th placed finishes :rofll:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I can see a few positive things about him staying.

We're in good form.
He's made our defence one of the best in the country.
ESR has come through under Arteta and broken into the first team and established himself as a top player.
Saka has continued to improve.
Tierney has settled in nicely and looks a very good player - after admitting himself he found it hard when he first joined.
Lots of deadwood players being shown the door.

A good summer window and things will be looking very positive heading into next year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:15 pm

We’ll have to disagree about good form, you’re looking at stats, I prefer to look at stats and what physically happens on the pitch and for me the performances leave a lot to be desired and results flattered us at times and we lose the key games in that time as well.

I’ll give you the deadwood but he also gave the likes of Holding a new contract and tried to keep Mustafi.

The defence has been better but all at the expense of the attack that has never been worse, think we had some terrible record regarding not scoring in games goals under Arteta, it might have been our failure to score in games.

ESR was pot luck, he refused to play him for half the season but low and behold when he did he was great, loads of people called for him to play before that point.

Tierney was always good he was just injury prone, that has nothing to do with Arteta to be honest, he established himself at Celtic.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:46 am

jayramfootball wrote:I can see a few positive things about him staying.

We're in good form.
ESR has come through under Arteta and broken into the first team and established himself as a top player.
Tierney has settled in nicely and looks a very good player - after admitting himself he found it hard when he first joined.

A good summer window and things will be looking very positive heading into next year.

I'm going to challenge the ESR positive, Arteta didn't rate him and was forced to play him, we all know that. Emery, for example had faith in Guendouzi and played him from the start, he had faith in Saka too, he wasn't forced into playing a player and realising he had a decent player on his hands.

I'll accept the rest of your list. But the positives need to outweigh the negatives and for me they don't, its not even close.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Paddy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 am

tierney was always settled
saka was already one of our most promising players and one of our best performers
he was forced to play ESR after half a season of the likes of willian who did zilch
we're in good form following our worst form in history

strawman arguments really.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:24 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I can see a few positive things about him staying.

We're in good form.

I'm going to challenge the ESR positive, Arteta didn't rate him and was forced to play him, we all know that. Emery, for example had faith in Guendouzi and played him from the start, he had faith in Saka too, he wasn't forced into playing a player and realising he had a decent player on his hands.

I'll accept the rest of your list. But the positives need to outweigh the negatives and for me they don't, its not even close.

I don't think that we know Arteta did not rate ESR.
Whatever the circumstances, it was Arteta that elevated ESR in terms of regular first-team football. He broke through with Arteta as manager.
ESR has also gone into specifics about how Arteta has helped him, citing the advice he is getting on his positioning prior to receiving the ball and the level of preparation.
Saka was already a good player, but, under Arteta and became our player of the season and secured a place in the England squad.

Some credit must go to the manager - not all. As you know, I place more weight on the players contribution than any manager.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:28 am

As for Tierney - in his own words:

Tierney, who is readying himself for European Championship duty this summer, told the Scottish Sun of playing under Arteta: "I listen to everything the manager tells me, word for word.

"I love working with him, he’s helped me massively.

"If you can see the differences in my game in the last 18 months or so it’s because of Mikel Arteta and what his coaching staff have been telling me to do.

"I’ve been working on their advice every day. I’m really grateful for what the gaffer’s done for me."

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/tierney ... r5tlhb9llg
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Ffs he's hardly going to shit on Arteta
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:25 pm

jayramfootball wrote:As for Tierney - in his own words:

Tierney, who is readying himself for European Championship duty this summer, told the Scottish Sun of playing under Arteta: "I listen to everything the manager tells me, word for word.

"If you can see the differences in my game in the last 18 months or so it’s because of Mikel Arteta and what his coaching staff have been telling me to do.

"I’ve been working on their advice every day. I’m really grateful for what the gaffer’s done for me."

Tierney shops at tesco, so his idea of quality is questionable to begin with.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Paddy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:34 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:As for Tierney - in his own words:

Tierney shops at tesco, so his idea of quality is questionable to begin with.

:rofll:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Lol, Tierney taking the time to explain how he feels about it, but some Goonersworld posters know better than Tierney himself??
:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:51 pm

Paddy wrote:All of jokerams posts would be in there lol

Just because he has a differing view point / opinion to yours?

Or maybe you have convinced yourself that your own subjective view point should be taken as the objective one?

You have a deeply held subjective opinion to his own. Ain’t the human brain something to behold! What a revelation :biggrin:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Arteta is here for the foreseeable future. The minimum is until December 2021.

The owners seem to like him and want to give him more time.
Those that are still crying for him to be sacked need to wake up from the delusion. You are stressing yourself for nothing. Let it go for now. He ain’t going anywhere for now, just accept the situation and hope for the best.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk