Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
firfi wrote:No idea where u get ur stats mate , but ur very wrong we're literally mid table for expected points and shit while spending the most out of any club in the world.HOW IS THAT PROGRESS i really wanna know. We have no style our goals have come mostly from set pieces and from pressing the enemy team. Tonight we're gonna be setup to defend ourselves like we're playing against prime Barca trust me vs poor hurt United and in the end they're gonna beat us by 1 goal and we're gonna say it was close and shit.

:clap: :hail:

Great call on this one. I do think we have a style emerging though. We are setting up as a counter attacking team with a high press, open expansive play that's narrow and pushes forward while sitting deep. How can you not see that?

Because I also see a whole load of sideways passing, I also see us slinging in crosses to all and sundry none of which have a chance of getting on the end of them!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:16 pm

5Ls in 14 isn't good
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:38 pm

A negative goal difference after 14 matches played is unprecedented.

I'd take a back line of Mustafi and Sokratis over this if it meant spreading the squad investment more evenly instead of stockpiling CBs and useless Xhaka clones.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:12 pm

Yup, negative goal difference approaching Christmas. How are people supposed to get excited by this!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yup, negative goal difference approaching Christmas. How are people supposed to get excited by this!!

We're Moyes Everton
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Arteta is not taking us forward. How can people not see this. He is too inexperienced for such a big job. Despite considerable investment and unstinted support from the owners he has not managed to show us even a glimpse of what the future might offer. Frankly my interest in watching us play is waning game by game.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Reiss wrote:
swipe right wrote:Arteta is not taking us forward. How can people not see this. He is too inexperienced for such a big job. Despite considerable investment and unstinted support from the owners he has not managed to show us even a glimpse of what the future might offer. Frankly my interest in watching us play is waning game by game.

As I've said before I'm still trying to work out whether he's the man to take us to the top or a stop gap. If the latter he hasn't done a bad job.

He's got rid of deadwood and players that constantly let us down. He's tightened up the defence. He's created a semi-decent spine. But can he take us to another level to match the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and City? That's the reason question.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but we've lost all our big games this season.

Do you realize how much deadwood he’s added?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:38 pm

swipe right wrote:
Reiss wrote:
swipe right wrote:Arteta is not taking us forward. How can people not see this. He is too inexperienced for such a big job. Despite considerable investment and unstinted support from the owners he has not managed to show us even a glimpse of what the future might offer. Frankly my interest in watching us play is waning game by game.

As I've said before I'm still trying to work out whether he's the man to take us to the top or a stop gap. If the latter he hasn't done a bad job.

He's got rid of deadwood and players that constantly let us down. He's tightened up the defence. He's created a semi-decent spine. But can he take us to another level to match the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and City? That's the reason question.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but we've lost all our big games this season.

This.

People keep forgetting to mention that.

Replacing deadwood with deadwood is not getting rid of deadwood
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:40 pm

So far just one Partey. Rest seem to be working.
The other misfiring ones are not his , example , Pepe, Auba, Laca. Willian has come and gone.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 pm

ag6789 wrote:So far just one Partey. Rest seem to be working.
The other misfiring ones are not his , example , Pepe, Auba, Laca. Willian has come and gone.

4 year Xhaka extension

3 year Auba extension

Dani Ceballos loan renewal

Cedric Soares

Pablo Mari

..and Willian, combined, made for one of our worst ever seasons, when we lost European football for the first time in 25 years.

£150m of new players later, we are just 3 points ahead of Wolves, who everyone had down as a relegation candidate at the start of the seaz.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:02 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:

4 year Xhaka extension

3 year Auba extension

Cedric Soares

Pablo Mari

..and Willian, combined, made for one of our worst ever seasons, when we lost European football for the first time in 25 years.

£150m of new players later, we are just 3 points ahead of Wolves, who everyone had down as a relegation candidate at the start of the seaz.

Lokonga and Tavares also don’t strike me as anything special. Good work rate but poor on the ball for the most part. You’d never see them in top premier league teams.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:59 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:

4 year Xhaka extension

3 year Auba extension

Cedric Soares

Pablo Mari

..and Willian, combined, made for one of our worst ever seasons when we lost European football for the first time in 25 years.

:clap: He should never have been given the job in the first place, the blame is not only with the inept clown but also with the incompetent board and owners. :rolleyes:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Goonerz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:47 am

Arteta would make a very good Director Of Football ot Assistant manager.
I don’t see him becoming a proper manager soon. May be he needs more experience away at a much smaller mid table club or championship club.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:08 am

Reiss wrote:Zlatan Ibrahimović:
"Pep Guardiola never understood me. He wanted to program everything I had to do on the pitch. Guardiola doesn't like players with personality. I became a problem and since he couldn't solve it, I solved it by leaving.”

Christ, when I read that it reminded me of someone...

Zlatan was an amazing striker but has an ego bigger than his nose.
Did he expected to get into an all firing all conquering Barcelona team and dictate whatever he wanted to do? Can’t have more than one manager in a team. Will never work.

Even Henry had to compromise and play on the flanks under Pepe at Barcelona. David villa and I think even to a certain extent Eto’o. And Eto’o himself had the same entitled ego as Zlatan.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Reiss wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Reiss wrote:

You know what I mean.

The likes of Sokratis, Mustafi etc have finally gone. At least now we have a young fresh squad.

Mustafi's only gone because he refused a new contract.

Should Emery be credited for getting rid of Wilshere, Jenkinson and Welbeck?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk