Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Zinchenko is pure mediocre!! Dafuq is wrong with you people!

He was Man City's third choice Left back, after Mendy who we all know about and Cancelo who played left and right back.

People are easily pleased, a fit Tierney pisses all over Zinchenko. I don't want mediocre I want good to top quality.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:Zinchenko is pure mediocre!! Dafuq is wrong with you people!

He was Man City's third choice Left back, after Mendy who we all know about and Cancelo who played left and right back.

People are easily pleased, a fit Tierney pisses all over Zinchenko. I don't want mediocre I want good to top quality.

Yup

Decent squad cover but not good enough for first team
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:34 pm

Can we risk giving him another season?

Last 2 have been diabolically shit. One more and we go to a place it'll be very difficult to get out of
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Arteta isn’t going to get any better, we’re not getting top 4 next season because of him.

He lacks the ability to make it IMO, 2 1/2 years of him has shown me that, too many mistakes, poor subs, poor tactics, boring football and poor results.

This favouritism for some players and dislike for others is also a major problem, not just for the team but also the club financially.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Ach wrote:Can we risk giving him another season?

Last 2 have been diabolically shit. One more and we go to a place it'll be very difficult to get out of

I think he’s had enough money and time and at any other top club he’d be gone, but this is Arsenal where things always have to be different.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:14 pm

We haven't signed enough players to handle both PL and EL schedules.

GJ replaces Laca, Zinc replaces Tavares. We still need cover for Tierney, Tomi and Partey. Auba hasn't been replaced either. Saliba, Gabriel M and Pepe might be leaving as well.

I think we'll have a very tough season ahead of us.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:20 pm

Not enough players?
GK: Ramsdale, Leno, Turner Runarsson
RB: Tomi, Bellerin, Cedric.
CB: White, Holding, Saliba, Gabby
LB: Tierney, Tavares Zinchenko(? incoming)
Midfield: Elneny, Xhakha, AMN, Torreira, Lokonga, Odegaard, Vieira , ESR, Patino, Azeez
Forward: Jesus, Nktiah, Saka, Martinelli,Marquinhos, Pepe...I am be missing some. Already 30 and more!! Plenty for all 4 comps. On the top of these , some more quality replacements maybe still incoming for ( one or two I guess, at the most) a few outgoings (sale + loan).
Once unified, should be a pretty good mix of youth and experience.
There's cause for optimism I should say.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:54 pm

ag6789 wrote:Not enough players?
GK: Ramsdale, Leno, Turner Runarsson
RB: Tomi, Bellerin, Cedric.
CB: White, Holding, Saliba, Gabby
LB: Tierney, Tavares Zinchenko(? incoming)
Midfield: Elneny, Xhakha, AMN, Torreira, Lokonga, Odegaard, Vieira , ESR, Patino, Azeez
Forward: Jesus, Nktiah, Saka, Martinelli,Marquinhos, Pepe...I am be missing some. Already 30 and more!! Plenty for all 4 comps. On the top of these , some more quality replacements maybe still incoming for ( one or two I guess, at the most) a few outgoings (sale + loan).
Once unified, should be a pretty good mix of youth and experience.
There's cause for optimism I should say.

I'm sorry but I've seen various versions of this post over the years and it always makes me cringe

It's a professional football club, of course it has footballers. You could do what you've just done with literally any football club. That is absolutely not the point.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:22 pm

What's your point? Quality? As I mentioned, it is a good mixture of youth and experience. Let it come to fruition. My objection is towards knee-jerk reaction. If club X buys A, we must reciprocate by buying B. Sooo much for high Q players : Lukaku, Pogba DiMaria, Schweinsteiger, Warner, Morata and on and on.
Current approach of filling up the deficiencies by prospects is far better than buying Prima Donnas especially because someone else is doing it. It always feels grass is greener on the other side
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:51 pm

ag6789 wrote:What's your point? Quality? As I mentioned, it is a good mixture of youth and experience. Let it come to fruition. My objection is towards knee-jerk reaction. If club X buys A, we must reciprocate by buying B. Sooo much for high Q players : Lukaku, Pogba DiMaria, Schweinsteiger, Warner, Morata and on and on.
Current approach of filling up the deficiencies by prospects is far better than buying Prima Donnas especially because someone else is doing it. It always feels grass is greener on the other side

Knee jerk? If anything we need to be addressing the opposite problem, the inability to see obvious issues on the horizon, despite them occurring year after year.

You're counting Leno as squad depth when he is as good as gone. You're counting wantaway players like Bellerin, Torreira, AMN and Pepe, when it is beyond obvious that they aren't going to play to their best here.

You're counting youth players when Arteta didn't dare use them outside of cup games, which turned out to be our worst performances of the season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:00 am

Unreal pressing by us against Everton

Arteta is starting to make the attack tick and what a wonderful sight it is.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:20 am

ag6789 wrote:What's your point? Quality? As I mentioned, it is a good mixture of youth and experience. Let it come to fruition. My objection is towards knee-jerk reaction. If club X buys A, we must reciprocate by buying B. Sooo much for high Q players : Lukaku, Pogba DiMaria, Schweinsteiger, Warner, Morata and on and on.

How is it knee jerk?! What world are you in? There is a gap from us to to other teams, we have 3 options, fall further behind or bridge that gap. If other teams strengthen then we have the third option - bridge the gap not only to where they WERE but to what they have improved to.

Nobody said we need to match the spending of the big clubs, we don't need to, this is where the power of a good manager comes in, the right tactics and system will get our players able to compete as a team against other teams. Football is not played on paper.

I have absolutely no issue with not buying top players, we don't need them. We need good players though that can become top players. Focusing on players like Xhaka is backwards thinking, Soares shouldn't even be in the squad, he f***ked up royally last season with Auba and Tavares and Lokonga. No point having a million players if half of them are poor players!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:40 am

How many of that squad consistently score 10 goals a season? compare that to City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs you still think we have the "quality" we need three or four players to achieve what they've never done before, that's a huge expectation. Buying "Prima Donnas" is what gets top clubs 20 goal a season players ... see every top CL side on the planet.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:43 pm

Ach wrote:Lol at Pubbers being better than Pepe based on nothing

This is as bad as last summer window.

Yep.

Jesus is basically last years Partey, our one first team signing.

Viera is looking like an Odegaard back up, not sure why anyone is mentioning him alongside Pepe, Viera is not a winger / wing forward, he's an attacking midfielder and Elneny is a CDM, none of which is how Viera plays......some people know fk all about football and it shows.

Marquinos is an unknown.

Zinchenko is obviously coming in as a LB instead of Matinez so not sure why people are mentioning him > Xhaka. :doh:

Xhaka is going nowhere, as long as he's here Arteta will start him, you'd think Arteta fan boys would know that?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:Zinchenko is pure mediocre!! Dafuq is wrong with you people!

.......... is he better than Tavares?

:rofll:

If that's a yes, that's why he's coming, Tierney likely still first choice.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk