Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Paddy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:07 pm

Goonerz wrote:
Paddy wrote:All of jokerams posts would be in there lol

Just because he has a differing view point / opinion to yours?

Or maybe you have convinced yourself that your own subjective view point should be taken as the objective one?

You have a deeply held subjective opinion to his own. Ain’t the human brain something to behold! What a revelation :biggrin:

or the fact that 95% of the forum think he's a troll :dontknow:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Paddy wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Paddy wrote:All of jokerams posts would be in there lol

Just because he has a differing view point / opinion to yours?

Or maybe you have convinced yourself that your own subjective view point should be taken as the objective one?

You have a deeply held subjective opinion to his own. Ain’t the human brain something to behold! What a revelation :biggrin:

or the fact that 95% of the forum think he's a troll :dontknow:

Lol.

But that don’t make it a “FACT”. Does it?

The good old “Argumentum Ad Populum.”.

And nearly 100% of the entire world once thought the earth was flat and that sun orbited around our earth.

And more than 90% of the world’s population think that there is a supernatural realm (god) that dictates our every move.

Back in the day the vast majority Europeans thought black people were lesser humans to the white people.

And more than 95% of posters on here kept calling me a troll / a nutter for years because of my strong stance on a certain player (now playing at Fenerbache). But who got proven right between them and me? :biggrin:

Hope you get my drift.

Just because a majority agree on something does not make it objective or right.

Skepticism, rationality, logic, Evidence and proof is where the good stuff are at.

:dontknow:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:22 pm

Lol goonerz was ripped apart in the ozil debate countless times.

I stopped after the epic ozil was a flop at real Madrid cos he played shit v Barca one time line.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gamechannel » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 pm

Goonerz wrote:Arteta is here for the foreseeable future. The minimum is until December 2021.

The owners seem to like him and want to give him more time.
Those that are still crying for him to be sacked need to wake up from the delusion. You are stressing yourself for nothing. Let it go for now. He ain’t going anywhere for now, just accept the situation and hope for the best.

But here's the thing though. We, as paying customers of this club, can force their hand into firing the manager if we collectively, at a large scale, stop going to matches, stop buying merchandise and stop paying for TV subscriptions. Hurt them where they're forced to listen to us. We shouldn't have to accept anything specially the mediocrity that the current manager and his always perfect hair brings.

Now it's a different topic altogether that we will never be able to do that cuz half of the fanbase is fine living in the delusional land of mediocrity ala Jayram.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:10 pm

Well I will say one thing Arteta and Edu are doing that I'm happy about.

Xhaka going, Bellerin going, AMN going, Laca poss going, Luiz gone, Ceballos gone.

Laca is the only one I'd miss but I do feel its just never quite sparked for him here unfortunately.

Now if Arteta can change his formation or at least approach for the team then I'd lower the pitch fork.

I honestly think Arteta needs a change of formation which means he takes the handbrake off, that 3-3-4 he used against Prague was the best half of football we'd played all year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:18 pm

Arteta needs to f**k off. I have no time for him at all, all these grand plans of building squads people have, I don't see any benefit whilst Arteta is manager.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:23 am

He's doing a good job of clearing out the players who need to go. Let's see who comes in.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:24 am

Tony Adams wrote:He's doing a good job of clearing out the players who need to go. Let's see who comes in.

Its one thing to get rid of players but he hasn't got a clue how to manage them when they come in, the clown just needs to be gone
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 am

gamechannel wrote:
Goonerz wrote:Arteta is here for the foreseeable future. The minimum is until December 2021.

Those that are still crying for him to be sacked need to wake up from the delusion. You are stressing yourself for nothing. Let it go for now. He ain’t going anywhere for now, just accept the situation and hope for the best.

But here's the thing though. We, as paying customers of this club, can force their hand into firing the manager if we collectively, at a large scale, stop going to matches, stop buying merchandise and stop paying for TV subscriptions. Hurt them where they're forced to listen to us. We shouldn't have to accept anything specially the mediocrity that the current manager and his always perfect hair brings.

Now it's a different topic altogether that we will never be able to do that cuz half of the fanbase is fine living in the delusional land of mediocrity ala Jayram.

Yeah got to agree, some of them is da base are just too accepting, the owners have had such an easy ride, there’s always been this defeatist attitude, oh we can’t do better, it’s the players, we don’t have the money to compete, the refs cost us the points and now just accept Arteta in charge, never mind that the guy is clueless and has turned us into a midtable team.

The level of acceptance that it is what it is has helped the owners lead us to the path to midtable, we’ve even got people seeing positives in a midtable finish.

I’m never going to accept it, neither will I accept someone incompetent as manager, I’ve watched this club go down the pan for the last 15 years exactly for that reason, the acceptance that there’s nothing that can be done.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:47 am

gamechannel wrote:

I think it will naturally happen. Some will protest but some will just drop off and stop being as active because it's so dreadful to watch.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:16 am

Ach wrote:Lol goonerz was ripped apart in the ozil debate countless times.

I stopped after the epic ozil was a flop at real Madrid cos he played shit v Barca one time line.

Hahaha.

You don’t want me to open up your still fresh wounds on the ozil issue. Don’t bait me to pile on. :biggrin:

Still in denial I see.

You keep going on about the Barcelona vs Madrid Strawman, but nearly each and every time I have cornered you to back up it up you play mental gymnastics, the slippery Cripps, the Ach shuffle etc.. One last time. Provide any links or evidence (my original comments about this supposed argument). You can’t. Isn’t it? :biggrin:

You lot kept labelling me all sorts of names because I stated the truth about your Cult hero since 2015.

Here we are today and all my criticisms of your cult hero were proven to be the objective truths compared to you guys WUming. Ain’t got a clue what the word wuming means but a number of you keep using it on here. I guess it means “fan-girling.”

These are the WUming cringes you lot concocted throughout your cult hero’s time here.
Best No10 in the world. He is too big for Arsenal. He is the only world player at Arsenal. Distance covered king. Finding space king. Chances created king. Freedom fighter. :rofll:.
Pre assist king ( That pass before the pass before the pass before the assist. :rofll:

You don’t want me to revisit all this and beat down a already injured dog (Ozilists). It’s feels like I am punching down.

But It feels so good to be vindicated. The amount of vitriol, abuse, sneering, name calling etc you guys continually threw my way for years was something else. But as always, I kept a clear mind by pointing out the FACTS and Truth even if it was so unpopular on here.

Not a single big club ever came in for Him in all his time here. Arsenal made it so clear that they wanted him out since 2018, were willing to pay the vast majority of his wages if anyone would take him off our hands. But even that did not see the likes of Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, City etc come in.

Even the likes of Everton, Westham, Leicester, Spuds, Villa etc had one look and they were like “Thanks but no thanks.
It has always been the Chinese clubs, Middle Eastern club and Turkish Fenerbache.
Hence why he ended up in Turkey. And he continues to be exposed as a joke player there. Even good old WILLOCK that you guys kept sneering at attracted Newcastle and he has out performed your world class, best No10 in the world at Fenerbache.

Anyways, how is he doing at that great European giant (Fenerbache)? Bet the CHANCES CREATED stat he is conjuring up there are out of this world. Never seen before.
It’s really funny

Please don’t bait me into goating. “I was proven right all along”. :biggrin:
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:48 am

gamechannel wrote:

I understand what you are saying and i do agree if the world worker like that.

Lets be honest. The only time the Kroenkes will give into us the fans crying is if they themselves agree in any given situation. For now they seem to see some sort of massive potential in Arteta. So their opinion tramps ours. That’s the sad truth.

For example. People were calling for Wenger to be sacked as far back as 2007-2008 after we bottled the title that season. We absolutely capitulated against Aston Villa and that was the end for our title push.
But the Kroenkes did not care too much, winning the title would have been nice in their minds but as long as Wenger maintained that Top 4 position, then it was okay. With wenger the Kroenkes wanted Top 4 finishing. That’s it, keep the CL money while we plodded about. I think that was the goal / target for wenger, just keep finishing on the top 4. But the moment he failed in that for 2 consecutive seasons the Kroenkes had no more need for him, hence why they sacked him.

With Emery, they hoped he would come in and change the attitude of the players. Gets us back fighting for top 4 on the cheap. But Emery failed and was sacked.

Then Arteta. To me they chose Arteta as a grassroots project. Young, rookie, fresh, new ideas, hoping he will grow into the club. It feels like they knew it would be a veey up and down appointment but they chose a novice who will not be crying for big money signings, and they would mould him into what they wish him to be. That’s why they are completely still behind him. He is their little project. They will back him this summer and if he does not push for Top 4 again next season then they will have no choice but to sack him.

But for now they still think he is a young authoritative manager full of potential. The way he dealt with our so called world class, experienced players (Ozil, Mustafi, Laca, Auba, Kolasinac etc).
They look at him like how we always look at youngsters. We see massive potential in them and willing to give them time to grow and develop. That’s how I see it.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if Arteta was sacked in the next hour but at the same time I have to be honest to myself. He is here for at least another half season. So no need to keep banging my head against the wall, it will not magically change the situation. I have accepted the situation until next season. Lets see how we get on in the first 10 games of the season..
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:15 am

Özim wrote:
gamechannel wrote:

Yeah got to agree, some of them is da base are just too accepting, the owners have had such an easy ride, there’s always been this defeatist attitude, oh we can’t do better, it’s the players, we don’t have the money to compete, the refs cost us the points and now just accept Arteta in charge, never mind that the guy is clueless and has turned us into a midtable team.

The level of acceptance that it is what it is has helped the owners lead us to the path to midtable, we’ve even got people seeing positives in a midtable finish.

I’m never going to accept it, neither will I accept someone incompetent as manager, I’ve watched this club go down the pan for the last 15 years exactly for that reason, the acceptance that there’s nothing that can be done.

You seem to be watching too many Superhero movies. Because you seem to have convinced yourself that eveyone else is a defeatist but you have some magical side to you that can absolutely change the nearly impossible to change. Like superman (Clark Kent). He wears his superman outfit and goes out there to save the already weak, desperate and defeatists world.

So what are you going to do for us Mr Superman? Are you going to fly to The US in your superman outfit and hold Mr Kroenke hostage? Drag him from his £multi-million mansion and bring him to the Emirates stadium to answer for his crimes. Lol

As I keep saying. These Wealthy multi billionaires are not like a normal thinking empathetic humanbeing. They have psychopathic, egotistical, arrogant, prideful and narcissistic personalities. That’s why they are very successful, they don’t care about anyones Feeling or Emotions. Money and a push to succeed in chosen way is what pushes them. You don’t know how many toes they have had to step on to get where they are. How many skeletons in their closets etc.

I am also frustrated by our fall since the Kroenke joined Arsenal. But at the same time I have decided to not over stress on every issue because I can shout as loud as I can but it’s always ends with the Kroenkes as the final decision makers.

The United fans have been calling for the glazers to sell up for a decade. But has that happenee?

The Newcastle fans have been calling for Mike Ashley to sell up for at least a decade now. But has that happened?

We have been calling for the Kroenkes to sell us for a decade, has that happened?
Etc…

These Billionaires are egotistical individuals that will just dig in to prove a point.

I am okay with trying our best to pressure them. But at the same time I don’t get too emotionally invested anymore. It will only keep me stressed and depressed knowing that the Kroenkes have shown their stubbornness.

Just being honest.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:36 am

Power n Glory wrote:
gamechannel wrote:

I think it will naturally happen. Some will protest but some will just drop off and stop being as active because it's so dreadful to watch.

Many people switched off since 2008. They just watch and get frustrated. But we are very helpless because the club is now 100% owned by a single individual. He can decide to just stay in the US and apoint people to run it. So he just focuses on other businesses of his. He has many franchises and hobbies. So he can just ignore our noises and as always. We will naturally calm down for a bit until the next big burst from us another time. Lol

We are going to keep supporting Arsenal and he knows it. Just spend 2 weeks where Arsenal are not playing football. Tell me how it makes you feel? It always feels like a lifetime. You will be out there looking for Arsenal related things to talk about during a 2 week international break. Lol

That’s how we are addicted to our clubs and these business people know it. Hence why they take advantage of it..
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk