Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:53 pm

Yeah not being in Europe is seen as a good thing apparently

Coming from a guy who readily admits he has no clue about our history
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:19 am

Gabriel Martinelli:

‘I lost about five months because of the injury, but I think in the end we did well. We had one of the best campaigns in the league after Christmas,’ Martinelli revealed while on international duty for Brazil at the Olympics.

He added: ‘It’s a new team, with a new coach too, but already with experience and I consider it one of the best in the world already.

We had good games at the end of the season, the players are confident, so we have to try to go down this same path, so we need to start the season well.’

This is why our run of form was important - it gives the players confidence.
This is exactly the attitude we need our players to have.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:23 am

Player desperate to make the first team praising a manager

Shock horror
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 am

Ach wrote:Player desperate to make the first team praising a manager

Shock horror

No , just confirmation from one of our young stars of the exact point I was making.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 am

Isn't this young star you criticised Arteta about all season for hardly playing or is this yet another 180?

Can't keep up these days. You'd be a world class darts player with these 180s you're churning out
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:46 am

Ach wrote:Isn't this young star you criticised Arteta about all season for hardly playing or is this yet another 180?

Can't keep up these days. You'd be a world class darts player with these 180s you're churning out

That has got nothing to do with the point.
You're reaching.
Floundering badly.

Martinelli is just making the exact same point I made - that the good run of form is important for the confidence of the players.
Coming from an ACTUAL player, it kind of makes my point very well indeed and has zero to do with how Arteta treated Martinelli - which I don't like.

Good effort at deflection, though.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:47 am

jayramfootball wrote:Gabriel Martinelli:

‘I lost about five months because of the injury, but I think in the end we did well. We had one of the best campaigns in the league after Christmas,’ Martinelli revealed while on international duty for Brazil at the Olympics.

He added: ‘It’s a new team, with a new coach too, but already with experience and I consider it one of the best in the world already.

We had good games at the end of the season, the players are confident, so we have to try to go down this same path, so we need to start the season well.’

They know they have to flatter Arteta’s fragile ego to get minutes. I do it with my boss as well. You’re one of the best in the world mate, now how about that raise we talked about.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:50 am

swipe right wrote:

They know they have to flatter Arteta’s fragile ego to get minutes. I do it with my boss as well. You’re one of the best in the world mate, now how about that raise we talked about.

Exactly

Jay is reaching to prove Arteta is doing a great job and he's failing miserably. Great to see and looking at the post above in reply to mine, yet another post he can't reply to so trolls it up.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:01 am

Ach wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Exactly

Jay is reaching to prove Arteta is doing a great job and he's failing miserably. Great to see and looking at the post above in reply to mine, yet another post he can't reply to so trolls it up.

Trying to prove Arteta is doing a great job?
Nope. another thing you just plucked out of your ass.

Merely pointing out the fact that one of our star young players is making EXACTLY the same point I did.

Maybe Martinelli is trolling you too?
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:13 am

The naivety shown is astounding. Just more proof of how uneducated you are about football

A player praises a manager. He's not exactly going to come out and say he's doing shit lol

But you keep reaching.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:16 am

Ach wrote:The naivety shown is astounding. Just more proof of how uneducated you are about football

A player praises a manager. He's not exactly going to come out and say he's doing shit lol

But you keep reaching.

He wasn't praising the manager.
He was pointing out that the second half of the season has given some confidence.
That was the point I made, which has now also been publicly stated by a player also.
Like I said, underlines the point as to why our good form post-Christmas matters.

Keep scrambling, though.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:20 am

They’ve made a mess of the transfer market. Haven’t sorted out the Auba and Laka situation. Haven’t bought a partner for Partey which means Xhaka and Partey midfield. And barely replaced Luiz.
Only thing that can save them this time is if a couple of the academy kids have a breakthrough like Saka and ESR did. If Martinelli, Willock, Azeez maybe even AMN have a massive season we may be ok.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:20 am

Meanwhile a website published an article in response to Martinelli's comments that state:

Arsenal starlet has much to learn and may regret outrageous claim

Youngster Gabriel Martinelli has made a claim about the current Arsenal squad that is likely to cause mirth in the white half of north London.

He is certainly not short on confidence. But his assessment of where the current Arsenal side stands in the footballing pecking order may need a re-think.

So its not just us that think his comments are laughable.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/gabriel-martinelli-arsenal-much-learn-may-regret-outrageous-claim
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:28 am

theHotHead wrote:

Meanwhile a website published an article in response to Martinelli's comments that state:

Arsenal starlet has much to learn and may regret outrageous claim

Youngster Gabriel Martinelli has made a claim about the current Arsenal squad that is likely to cause mirth in the white half of north London.

He is certainly not short on confidence. But his assessment of where the current Arsenal side stands in the footballing pecking order may need a re-think.

So its not just us that think his comments are laughable.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/gabriel-martinelli-arsenal-much-learn-may-regret-outrageous-claim

LOL he is just trying his best to bullshit himself into the team.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 am

Let’s be honest, playing his way into the team hasn’t worked, however we’ll he plays he gets dropped.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk