Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby ag6789 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:17 pm

Bracewell-smith and Denis Hill Wood were in charge during that time and must say didn't do much really....probably worse than Kroenke really. Year after year mid table was bad for the fans and supporters.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 16, 2021 1:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:Im with Starmandb on the classification of a big club. We might be going through a bad patch but we are still absolutely a big club, it will take years of not being competitive, not winning and a massive drop in attendances to relegate us from being a big club.

Those years are starting to pile up now, what's it been 5 years, granted we've had one FA Cup along that way.

Obviously structurally we are a big club, but my issue is we're not acting like one, also the attitude is what's really irking me.

I can hack losing, I can even hack us being 9th to a certain degree, but its the apathy and poor leadership, poor decisions and just the general fact that Kroenke and our manager can barely get one decision right between the lot of them that separates us from every other football club in the Prem.

Some don't have the money, some don't have the players, some don't have the manager, some have crap owners who just can't compete financially.

Our problem is self sabotage, we've done all of the above but by choice, not forced on us.

We have an owner with money, guys got £8 Billion, we have players other teams would love (not all but at least a quarter of the squad), we chose to have a rookie who's never managed before, we choose to waste what money we're given on players then our rookie manager trains them to play sideways, backwards football.

That is what makes it so bad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Chelsea finished 10th in between two title winning seasons. They zigzag a lot from CL to EL to nothing, to winning PL or Europa or god forbid, this year's CL.

Whereas with us, the decline has been linear and predictable, with the exception of a hard-won FA Cup last year.

I haven't blamed the owners too much because we've spent like mad since 2017. However, we're in a bad financial position now, and I'd be surprised if they sanction a big spending spree. Even if they think Arteta is the way forward, they can't be happy with the ROI from this season's war chest.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby firfi » Sun May 16, 2021 2:39 pm

I have no idea why there are fans that support Arteta as our manager.
He's super average at best. He did not improve a single player just the opposite is happening . We had good attack when he took over the job ,now those same players can't make 1 good attack per game. If u talk about defensive performances everybody can coach defence if we defend with 10 players in the box like team fighting for survival in the premier league. Hes basically Sam allardyce with better squad.In fact i believe hes worse coach than him.
With Smith Rowe i believe he got lucky with injuries and shit and he saved him his job basically.
With Saka he tries super hard to ruin the kid playing him in 4-5 different positions all the time.At that age players need to be played in the same position over and over to learn from their mistakes. He can't shoot yet we make extremely small amount of chances for him to practice and the same goes for the rest of the forwards.
With Saliba i don't even wanna comment he didn't even put him on the bench when we were playing Capital one cup or whatever its called now.He goes to France and gets player of the month the first month he moves there. Clearly hes good enough to play some minutes and everyone can see how good he is.
With Guendouzi(Extremely good asset)at least 20mil worth of talent easily.If u don't like him play him here and there and sell him . Instead of ruining his career.
With Gabriel Martinelli he puts him here and there to play ,but can't give the youngster run of games so he can hit form.Same situation with Saka not enough chances created in front of them to develop.
With Gabriel he started him every single game burned the shit out of the kid.Now after the injury hes fringe player playing here and there??
With Maitland Niles he simply froze him after the season.Another guy we could easily get 15mil for now probably worth around 5-10.
With Joe Willock the numbers speak for themselves since he wen't on loan to Newcastle.What a run of games can give to a player.
With Balugun he has never given the youngster a chance really yet everybody rates him super highly.Eddie gets the minutes when hes been given the chance and has not delivered.
WIth Reiss Nelson hes killing his career just because.Roting in the reserves for no reason basically yet another one of the guys that we can get some money if hes not wanted or can be given a chance in a season where we're playing for nothing basically.
And those are just the youngsters.
The rest of the team can't get run of games with the same squad ,because hes changing the players and the formation every single game.It's just beyond me how we can keep that guy after finishing 8th and then 9th or 8th again this season.

We have been so poor that it's unreal.We cannot break down a single team.We win games by pure luck and skill of the players.Like Tuchel said after the last game we won only by luck.We cannot play football at all.From a team that used to play the best football in the league ,now we have Xhaka in the midfield that cannot turn even if his life was at stake.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Wed May 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Officially out.

Leaving the top scorer on the bench when we need a goal
Bringing Ødegaard on when he’s been nothing short of shit since he signed. Scared that we actually want to buy him.
Leaving Auba on when he’s been utter wank
Taking Tierney off for Xhaka when the former was our biggest threat all game

You guys were right, he has no clue, can’t impact a game in a positive manner so bye bye.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed May 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Glad my bit of reverse psychology worked
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed May 19, 2021 7:50 pm

Santi wrote:Officially out.

:arse flag.gif: :arse flag.gif: :arse flag.gif:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed May 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Dejan wrote:

:arse flag.gif: :arse flag.gif: :arse flag.gif:
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 19, 2021 8:28 pm

We're winning, scoring and not conceding many.
The form Arteta has us on right now is commendable.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Wed May 19, 2021 8:45 pm

No surprise Jay pops up on page 666. :lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Here is wisdom; ...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Rockape wrote:No surprise Jay pops up on page 666. :lol:

You're not still on a downer are you? :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby CaptGooner » Wed May 19, 2021 9:45 pm

Leaving the top scorer on the bench when we need a goal
Bringing Ødegaard on when he’s been nothing short of shit since he signed. Scared that we actually want to buy him.
Leaving Auba on when he’s been utter wank
Taking Tierney off for Xhaka when the former was our biggest threat all game

You guys were right, he has no clue, can’t impact a game in a positive manner so bye bye.

Same.. we’re also so boring to watch now.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 pm

I think the team he picked is a sign of what's ahead.

Laca is leaving, so might Xhaka and Bellerin, Odegaard and Ceballos will be off to Real.

That's a lot of players to replace.

Balogun will likely come in for Auba's understudy, if Xhaka and Ceballos go that's half our CM outfit so a new CM or two will be a must.

Have to admit, if all those players do go I'll be glad, AFC has gone stale, some new names and the ones we have like Partey, Tierney, ESR, Saka, Martinelli etc are a good start.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Just watched the game.

Terrible performance.

The scoreline flatters to decieve, two goals scored in extra time ............ what if there was only 90mins?

Against Crystal Palace as well.

We truly are a mid table team under Arteta, clueless, more of that sideways backwards passing rubbish.

We're scraping bottom table teams, it was 1-1 post the 90th min ffs.

Arteta has to go.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk