Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby swipe right » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:03 pm

It’s the perfect time to develop Azeez and Patino. They can follow in the great tradition of academy players saving Arteta’s bacon.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:44 pm

swipe right wrote:It’s the perfect time to develop Azeez and Patino. They can follow in the great tradition of academy players saving Arteta’s bacon.

So Ray Kennedy saved Bertie mee’s bacon or was a fine player doing his job
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ag6789 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:07 pm

Tough game, but survived. Next few games are winnable but as we've seen nothing guaranteed. But others all round are also struggling, so if we could keep our head, we can get the 4th spot.
Take it game at a time.
But this 3 pts feel priceless after a barren and unsettling January.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:17 pm

Don Mikel rides again

Players absolutely giving their all for him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Hypergooner » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:18 pm

ag6789 wrote:Tough game, but survived. Next few games are winnable but as we've seen nothing guaranteed. But others all round are also struggling, so if we could keep our head, we can get the 4th spot.
Take it game at a time.
But this 3 pts feel priceless after a barren and unsettling January.

Good win! Great 3 point!
Despite Artetaballs failings going forward, we do look way more solid and hard to beat than we have for a very long time.
We really need to reserve judgement till the end of the season. My personal view is that they messed up not getting a striker in Jan. Having said that, if we get top 4, we will have a bigger cash fund and better ability to buy talent in the summer.

I'd bang it all on Declan Rice and two strikers.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:03 pm

I never realised Mikel could speak so many languages. 7 ffs. How do you even have the brain capacity to do that?
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:52 am

BexleyGooner wrote:I never realised Mikel could speak so many languages. 7 ffs. How do you even have the brain capacity to do that?

I speak four language and I’m dumb as fck.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:08 am

swipe right wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:I never realised Mikel could speak so many languages. 7 ffs. How do you even have the brain capacity to do that?

I speak four language and I’m dumb as fck.

Alot of the asian languages are similar, i speak two english and drunk when i am drinking
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:16 am

If true that's impressive for a cone stacker :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:38 am

He's from Basque region. So, he almost automatically understand Spanish, Basque and French. He has played for PSG, so his French should be all right.
He was a Barcelona youth player. So he should understand Catalan.
He's been in England and Scotland for a long time. That's why his English is much better than mine.
That's five languages already.
The other two are Portuguese and Italian. I don't know how fluent he can speak those language. Portuguese is close to Spain though. Maybe the languages have many similarities.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerred » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:34 am

I think non-English speaking people have an advantage over English speaking people where this is the mother-tongue. Firstly, they often learn English in school, so they then speak a universal language. Secondly, if they are from France, Spain, Portugal, and I think Italy, these languages have a similar syntax and verb conjugations. There are two verb conjugations in the English language, but about 5 in the above languages thus you have to learn 5 wordsfor each pronoun. If you are always used to these two another similar language might be easier to learn.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Will go up again when we buy more players in the summer but looks like the club is finally being ran in a responsible manner.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby theHotHead » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:25 pm

That is good to see, spiralling wage bills and shit football are a terrible combination.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Jedi wrote:Image
Will go up again when we buy more players in the summer but looks like the club is finally being ran in a responsible manner.

Arteta and Edu are doing an incredibly good job with the squad. Cleaning things up AND advancing our position.

Summer will be important in terms of new signings, so those wages will go up, plus we need to extend a couple of contracts, but I suspect we’ll be paying less than we were even then.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StockGooner » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:05 pm

This is not to take anything away form the great job in reducing the wage bill, but how are those figures calculated?

The 2020/21 increase was down to what exactly? £600k per week from the prior year? Assuming Auba increase but what else? Gabriel?

This year being a £70m drop so £1.3m a week? Ozil is £300k of that. Kolasinac? Auba gone now but he was still here until this month. Seems too steep surely although I know I'm missing some leavers from this summer but just can't think
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk