Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Ach wrote:Xhaka, Arteta, RVP and cesc say hi

Truth is this plays out the same way regardless of who wears the armband.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:Xhaka, Arteta, RVP and cesc say hi

Truth is this plays out the same way regardless of who wears the armband.

It would be nice to have an actual captain, though - as opposed to 'Captain' Dreadlocks.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Alexis » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Alexis wrote:I was ok with auba contract renewal as he was on fire, but didn't expect him to turn to shit for this long. Hopefully he picks it up again.

If kroenke ain't gonna trust arteta to spend money, then fire him and get someone else in.

We have no choice but to spend tons of money if we want to get back to what we were. If kroenke ain't up for it, he should out the club for sell so someone who does actually want to spend and see club return to its past glories can take over.

Kroenke has already spent shitloads since Wenger left, £293m is not chump change, especially when you consider we only made £72.19m in player sales in that time. He has committed £100m per year for EL footie. Terrible investment thus far.

Doesn't matter what he's spent. The point is we can all agree we spent stupid money on average players. If we still want to move forward we will need to take losses and go get the right players. Arteta clearly ain't getting the current lot to do better, so either get him what he wants and let him win or fail or get someone else you trust and see how they fair and give them some cash to get their players. What we can't do is stall.

Arsenal is a failing business from a profit making point of view right now so either get the club back to top by investing and hope the money put in works out in the long term with better commercial deals and so on from the reputation or give it someone else is going to do it.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Paddy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:45 pm

If we get knocked out by slavia surely that will result in him getting the boot?

10th and no european football next season... not good.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Paddy wrote:If we get knocked out by slavia surely that will result in him getting the boot?

10th and no european football next season... not good.
I think he'll get til the end of November regardless. We wrote the season off when we sold all those players in January and have cleared the wage bill ready for the summer. There will have been a long term plan involved in that!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:17 pm

The board will want CL for the money.

I think if he doesn't get it this season they may sack him. And I don't think he will get it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Paddy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:25 pm

What's interesting is there's usually rumours of a manager getting the boot if he doesn't win this game or that game via leaks from the hierarchy but there's been none of that with Arteta... or at least I haven't seen it. Does that suggest he still has the support of the board and they want to back him?
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:51 pm

I think like the majority seem to think and that is Arteta won't be sacked this season, if they back him in the summer they will give him until the end of the 2021/22 season before sacking him.

Depressing thinking about that. Meanwhile we lose ground on peeps.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby dc16 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:I think like the majority seem to think and that is Arteta won't be sacked this season, if they back him in the summer they will give him until the end of the 2021/22 season before sacking him.

Depressing thinking about that. Meanwhile we lose ground on peeps.

Does Arteta without the ‘distraction’ of European football get top 4 or top 6 next season? That’s the risk the board will be taking.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 pm

No European football should mean his job is gone

If we give him another season, we're down
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Clubs approach needs to change,
Any player coming to Arsenal in the thought that they have made it, needs to rethink.
Club needs to understand that it has now become a very large project to regain a confidence at the club that can carry onto the pitch.
The club should never had given this size job to somebody so inexperienced.
I see Arteta as a very successful youth manager installing protocol and getting his coaching direction from above
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:13 pm

Ach wrote:No European football should mean his job is gone

If we give him another season, we're down

Lol. No.
We're not going down.
Though I don't know why you would care as you don't think the league is important.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Paddy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:35 pm

he's out of his depth. a great number 2 but like mcclaren and queiroz not very good as a no1.

should never have been given a big job without any experience. he's making mistakes and learning on the job and that simply isn't good enough for a big club like arsenal.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Paddy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:40 pm

VCC wrote:Clubs approach needs to change,
Any player coming to Arsenal in the thought that they have made it, needs to rethink.
Club needs to understand that it has now become a very large project to regain a confidence at the club that can carry onto the pitch.
I see Arteta as a very successful youth manager installing protocol and getting his coaching direction from above

we've had chances to grab some very good managers over the years but let them slip. im sitting here thinking who we could get at this stage... would brendan leave leicester for us? leicester are run like a well oiled machine compared to this shower. why would nagelsmann leave leipzig? very similar to leicester in that regards. allegri? i dont think the board view him as the right fit for the arsenal job.

we should have gone for tuchel. at least he has some pedigree and stature in the game. players would have listened to him. how can they take arteta seriously? id laugh if a graduate was given my managers job.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Paddy wrote:
VCC wrote:Clubs approach needs to change,

we've had chances to grab some very good managers over the years but let them slip. im sitting here thinking who we could get at this stage... would brendan leave leicester for us? leicester are run like a well oiled machine compared to this shower. why would nagelsmann leave leipzig? very similar to leicester in that regards. allegri? i dont think the board view him as the right fit for the arsenal job.

we should have gone for tuchel. at least he has some pedigree and stature in the game. players would have listened to him. how can they take arteta seriously? id laugh if a graduate was given my managers job.

Players as well. I think we're starting to see the effects of playing in the Europa League all these years. We complain about the lack of quality in the squad today but you have to wonder about the players we'll be able to attract with no European football at all. Our transfer strategy has to be stronger and smarter. Can't be fooled by the blinding lights. We already look a bit vulnerable to over the hill players coming from big clubs demanding a massive wage.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk