Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Godlop » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Callum wrote:
Godlop wrote:
Hulkibulk wrote:The football we've been playing since december has been the most promising in many years. If it continues, Arteta will be our manager next season aswell. If people can't see that our game is improving, they know little about football and i feel pity for them.

So in 3 years? Because even Wenger's worst season was still better than what we have seen this season.

In terms of pure goalscoring, yes, but we're defensively a better team than we were in Wenger's latter years. I don't have the exact figures but I'd wager our scoring figures since December are roughly on par with what we'd expect to see from the 2017/18 Wenger team.

We have been good since December and even played quite a few top teams but 1 half season good and the other awful is not good enough.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ESR10 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:25 pm

From the daily mail:
Mikel Arteta 'emerges as a managerial target for BARCELONA', with presidential candidate Joan Laporta wanting the Arsenal boss to succeed Ronald Koeman if he doesn't stay next season

Goal already denied the reports, but still interesting to read
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Has to happen
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby #ST » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:37 pm

If this happens its the second huge scam we will have pulled on them. First we sold them Vermaelen..

Still doesnt make up for what they did in the whole Cesc saga but w/e. TAKE MIKEL PLX.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @03-04-'24 = 2 - 0 Luton Town
Next game @14-04-'24 = VS Aston Villa [ Block 122 - Seat 875 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Yago » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Please get him off our hands.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm

If this happens, I've always been a fan of Barca
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:02 pm

#ST wrote:If this happens its the second huge scam we will have pulled on them. First we sold them Vermaelen..

Still doesnt make up for what they did in the whole Cesc saga but w/e. TAKE MIKEL PLX.

They took Song too, we have made a mockery of them.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby #ST » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:11 pm

theHotHead wrote:
#ST wrote:If this happens its the second huge scam we will have pulled on them. First we sold them Vermaelen..

I liked Song though :( he wasnt world class but I liked him anyway. He had these crazy passes from time to time that made you doubt your eyes like was that really Alex Song that made that pass?

Selling an injured player that was injured nearly all the time he was there .. ahhh how good life can be sometimes. f**k Barca and their cheating ways. That move was banter from start to finish.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @03-04-'24 = 2 - 0 Luton Town
Next game @14-04-'24 = VS Aston Villa [ Block 122 - Seat 875 ]
#ST

Postby swipe right » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:19 pm

Koeman is keeping the seat warm for Xavi. Once Bartomeo is gone, Xavi will take over as manger.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:36 pm

I'd heard that Arteta was being lined up for the role of sinister, deranged arch villan in the next James Bond movie.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:45 pm

#ST wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I liked Song though :( he wasnt world class but I liked him anyway. He had these crazy passes from time to time that made you doubt your eyes like was that really Alex Song that made that pass?

Selling an injured player that was injured nearly all the time he was there .. ahhh how good life can be sometimes. f**k Barca and their cheating ways. That move was banter from start to finish.

I hated every minute of us having Song, he was so technically limited, so slow and clumsy, but like you said now and then would pull a long ball up to RVP out of his pocket and get an assist. But that didn't erase the pain of watching him play, for me. Not his fault, it was another Wenger "masterpiece" of trying to turn a player into a different type of player. I was as shocked as the next man when Barca bought him, even more shocked to see he got a few games in midfield.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:01 pm

theHotHead wrote:
#ST wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I hated every minute of us having Song, he was so technically limited, so slow and clumsy, but like you said now and then would pull a long ball up to RVP out of his pocket and get an assist. But that didn't erase the pain of watching him play, for me. Not his fault, it was another Wenger "masterpiece" of trying to turn a player into a different type of player. I was as shocked as the next man when Barca bought him, even more shocked to see he got a few games in midfield.

Wenger bungled that position for very long. Flamini, Song, Coq were all disasters. That’s the one position we should have invested smartly in. For what it’s worth I thought the Cazorla-Arteta combination was pretty good. They could win the ball and start attacks smartly.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:41 pm

Mate you have to add Arteta to that list, as a DM he was as bad as Xhaka but slightly better on the ball. To this day I don't understand the logic of taking a cultured ball-playing CM with little to no defensive capability and turn him into a DM :dontknow:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 pm

I'd take Song over the majority of our CM options available today. He could pass forward, provide assists, play on the half turn and defend. Way more of rounded player for that position.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 pm

Please Barca take Arteta off our hands and end this horrible nightmare.

If he does go to Barca this would be the biggest management con of games in history, a guy who never managed gets a job at Arsenal, does a very average job and then gets a job at Barca lol.

Could only think his pal Pep has put in a word and his hype carries some weight.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk