Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:41 pm

Other countries call it a Super Cup but we never have because the previous name for it was the Charity Shield. Its a game where the proceeds go to charity, it has in my lifetime traditionally meant f**k all.

£45 is the most expensive ticket. That tells you all you need to know!
User avatar
theHotHead
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 19803
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:41 pm

ag6789 wrote:The selected few as always laughs or belittles everything I write. Nothing new.
Will keep posting whatever I find suitable, until kicked out.
Community shield, '23, attracted a crowd of 81000.


……in a 90,000 capacity stadium. They couldn’t even sell it out. What a big match. And according to you 60,000 of them were Arsenal fans. Remarkable. City and the FA had only 21K between them? What nonsense. And then you complain about being “belittled “
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
 
Posts: 23259
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:47 pm

ag6789 wrote:The selected few as always laughs or belittles everything I write. Nothing new.
Will keep posting whatever I find suitable, until kicked out.
Community shield, '23, attracted a crowd of 81000.


You can’t really play the victim when you keep saying people aren’t Arsenal fan, when you choose to label people as trolls, trying to police the board and trying to influence mods to ban people because you don’t agree with their views, it won’t win you any friends.

People are entitled to their opinions, you don’t have to agree with them or like them and you’re entitled to yours, what you’re not entitled to do is to do what you’ve been doing.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:Other countries call it a Super Cup but we never have because the previous name for it was the Charity Shield. Its a game where the proceeds go to charity, it has in my lifetime traditionally meant f**k all.

£45 is the most expensive ticket. That tells you all you need to know!


I think it’s a nice day out and obviously nice to win, from a seasons point of view it’s nice to be in it as you get to watch your team one week earlier than the season starts , but it’s just not a proper trophy.

Like you said in Europe they take it more seriously but in England as a trophy it holds little value, as you said the lack of prize money offers little motivation for the clubs to need to win it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:51 pm

ag6789 wrote:The selected few as always laughs or belittles everything I write. Nothing new.
Will keep posting whatever I find suitable, until kicked out.
Community shield, '23, attracted a crowd of 81000.


Don’t worry about it.

We know those only interested in doom and gloom and putting down the club - all because Arteta has done a great job and they can’t take it. :dontknow:

I am confident in saying the vast majority of Arsenal fans are happy with where we are as a club and our possibilities going forward.
You are in a very big majority.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26216
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 pm

ag6789 wrote:The selected few as always laughs or belittles everything I write. Nothing new.
Will keep posting whatever I find suitable, until kicked out.
Community shield, '23, attracted a crowd of 81000.

Might as well add the Emirates Cup. Have we won that under Arteta? I can't remember. Its as relevant as community shield
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35046
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:27 pm

UFGN wrote:
ag6789 wrote:You're not an Arsenal fan.
All Cups , Shields and trophies signifies the glory and achievements of the club.
Ask a ManU or a 'Pool supporter if they want to ignore and forgo the 19 and 15 Community shields they have amassed over the years. I'm very proud of our 17. Sorry for you people, who'll probably find ways to belittle all our achievements. By the way nearly 50-60 thousand Arsenal fans showed up for the lowly Community shield showdown. So it does mean something to them.


I was one of them Coco.

I was one of them. A day out at Wembley? Never turn it down. The thing is I see the CS for what it is, and for what real football fans understand it to be. A one off match. Of little real consequence. It's a nice day out but it's not historic. And 50-60 thousand wtf are you on about? I was there, we had half the ground minus FA seats the same as every other club.

It's for small clubs to gloat over, not Arsenal.

You are not interested in glory for Arsenal, going on about the CS like you're trying to prove a point to kids in a playground......you're padding out. You're gift wrapping. That is the exact opposite of wanting what is best for the club. Putting best spin in failure only leads to more failure.

Great post
Last sentence is everything we should have already learned.
Always good to have a process even better to have a process that's transparent.
Beginning to end targets out line to a time frame for all to see no hiding then.
User avatar
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15188
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby ag6789 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Victory in a Community shield means you're now closer to the top. You can compete with the best, and beat them. Which we haven't been able to do in 4 yrs . So it is definitely significant, and it has happened after we have further strengthened the team this summer. We are no slouches any more that ManCity can shove us off by 3-4 goals as they were doing.
50-60 thousand Arsenal fans is also correct as fans from London always outnumbers fans of other clubs coming all the way from North.
Always, London clubs have higher presence at Wembley.
I can guarantee, if we had lost that game, the selected few would come out guns blazing how bad Arteta is and how poor Arsenal are, and from then on it would be all doom and gloom, and 'can't even win a lowly Community shield', would be the most important topic to beat upon the Donkey Arteta!!!!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4749
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:47 pm

ag6789 wrote:Victory in a Community shield means you're now closer to the top. You can compete with the best, and beat them. Which we haven't been able to do in 4 yrs . So it is definitely significant, and it has happened after we have further strengthened the team this summer. We are no slouches any more that ManCity can shove us off by 3-4 goals as they were doing.
50-60 thousand Arsenal fans is also correct as fans from London always outnumbers fans of other clubs coming all the way from North.
Always, London clubs have higher presence at Wembley.
I can guarantee, if we had lost that game, the selected few would come out guns blazing how bad Arteta is and how poor Arsenal are, and from then on it would be all doom and gloom, and 'can't even win a lowly Community shield', would be the most important topic to beat upon the Donkey Arteta!!!!

Worked wonders for Leicester after their legendary 2021 win
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35046
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:59 pm

ag6789 wrote:Victory in a Community shield means you're now closer to the top. You can compete with the best, and beat them. Which we haven't been able to do in 4 yrs . So it is definitely significant, and it has happened after we have further strengthened the team this summer. We are no slouches any more that ManCity can shove us off by 3-4 goals as they were doing.
50-60 thousand Arsenal fans is also correct as fans from London always outnumbers fans of other clubs coming all the way from North.
Always, London clubs have higher presence at Wembley.
I can guarantee, if we had lost that game, the selected few would come out guns blazing how bad Arteta is and how poor Arsenal are, and from then on it would be all doom and gloom, and 'can't even win a lowly Community shield', would be the most important topic to beat upon the Donkey Arteta!!!!


We've recently won two CS because of results in the previous season's results. Winning two CS has got us closer to absolutely no trophies. So you're wrong there.

And please stop lying. You've been caught in a lie regarding the numbers, just give it up it's silly. I was there. I bought tickets. I saw who was there, I saw who left after the whistle and who stayed for the presentation.

They had the same allocation of tickets as us, and thousands of tickets are taken by FA guests. These are facts.

You laughably used the fact that 81,000 went to the match. Ignoring that it wasn't sold out, ignoring that the tickets were cheap......and now you want to tell someone who was actually there, who was actually there!!!!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
 
Posts: 23259
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:09 pm

lol.
Way too much effort being put into rubbishing our wins in the CS.
It’s a friendly played by two teams who win something. Being in it is great.
Winning it just means you beat a good team.

No need to whine about winning it, lol
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 26216
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:16 pm

ag6789 wrote:Victory in a Community shield means you're now closer to the top. You can compete with the best, and beat them. Which we haven't been able to do in 4 yrs . So it is definitely significant, and it has happened after we have further strengthened the team this summer. We are no slouches any more that ManCity can shove us off by 3-4 goals as they were doing.
50-60 thousand Arsenal fans is also correct as fans from London always outnumbers fans of other clubs coming all the way from North.
Always, London clubs have higher presence at Wembley.
I can guarantee, if we had lost that game, the selected few would come out guns blazing how bad Arteta is and how poor Arsenal are, and from then on it would be all doom and gloom, and 'can't even win a lowly Community shield', would be the most important topic to beat upon the Donkey Arteta!!!!


It means nothing of the sort, we’ve been in it many times being nowhere near the top.

Donkey Arteta, very catchy, I like it!
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:19 pm

UFGN wrote:
We've recently won two CS because of results in the previous season's results. Winning two CS has got us closer to absolutely no trophies. So you're wrong there.

And please stop lying. You've been caught in a lie regarding the numbers, just give it up it's silly. I was there. I bought tickets. I saw who was there, I saw who left after the whistle and who stayed for the presentation.

They had the same allocation of tickets as us, and thousands of tickets are taken by FA guests. These are facts.

You laughably used the fact that 81,000 went to the match. Ignoring that it wasn't sold out, ignoring that the tickets were cheap......and now you want to tell someone who was actually there, who was actually there!!!!


You were there you saw it and here you have someone telling you how it wasn’t what you saw, lol, what a joke.

Anyone with sense knows what the CS is, a minor achievement that just a nice game before the season starts properly.

As you said those with agendas will use this to pad out a managers achievements, they have to with Arteta because he’s only got one cup win in 4 years and nothing else.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby MathyGooner » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:06 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Lol yes find Keown hard to listen to tbh.

Also last caller makes a good point, that I’ve made before, this is an issue in football where everyone criticises refs, doesn’t happen in other sports, at the same time the players and managers don’t take responsibility for their failures and the main reason they drop points, it’s gets swept under the carpet.

If a player misses an open goal he doesn’t have to come out and explain himself and doesn’t get talked about for days and weeks on end.

There’s a lack of respect for refs in football.


Doesn’t happen in other sports because they rarely make the kind of clangers that EPL refs make routinely. Note EPL refs, since the degree of f**k ups in Europe are generally much lower. And most European refs are part-time!
MathyGooner
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby MathyGooner » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:For me its about how we play. People cannot deny we have some formidable adversaries to overcome to be able to win the league. The reason I have not joined any calls for Arteta to go now or if he doesn't win anything this season is, I want to see what happens at the end of the season.

Im loving being an Arsenal fan right now, wr have our Arsenal back, a competitive Arsenal. But lets not pretend that we are not up against one of the richest clubs in the world, with arguably the best manager of all time playing arguably the best Premier League team of all time.

So I won't be calling for Arteta's head if wr come up short again as long as we gave it a good go, gave it our best shot, that's all we can do. All the hope and expectation in the world won't bridge the gap, we came close, perhaps this season we can make that big step forward. Man City are beatable.

Not gonna lie, I can't see it happening if we are relying on Havertz, Vieira and Nketiah.


Couldn’t agree more. This post echoes my thoughts on each of these points 100%
MathyGooner
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Salibatelli and 11 guests