Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:24 am

starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The ‘it’s only [insert any team not in the big 6] ‘ narrative to belittle our wins is and always has been stupidity. Every team will drop points to teams outside the top 6 this year.
It’s actually an insult to The Invincibles too because it suggests the task of going a season unbeaten is simply to draw 10 matches and the rest is easy.

We’ve had one of the best starts to a season in our history , all under the leadership of a guy who apparently doesn’t know anything about football. Go figure .

How long before the”it’s a weak league this season ‘ narrative starts getting trotted out
Would be very odd after people saying because of Liverpool and city in the last few years it’s been the strongest
Don’t mind them c**** out there saying what they like but when it comes from gunners it drives me mad

History books and more peoples memories never recall the also runs or how strong the league was , personally i couldnt give a f**k i want Arsenal to win every game and every title and cup.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:17 am

VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The ‘it’s only [insert any team not in the big 6] ‘ narrative to belittle our wins is and always has been stupidity. Every team will drop points to teams outside the top 6 this year.
It’s actually an insult to The Invincibles too because it suggests the task of going a season unbeaten is simply to draw 10 matches and the rest is easy.

We’ve had one of the best starts to a season in our history , all under the leadership of a guy who apparently doesn’t know anything about football. Go figure .

How long before the”it’s a weak league this season ‘ narrative starts getting trotted out
Would be very odd after people saying because of Liverpool and city in the last few years it’s been the strongest
Don’t mind them c**** out there saying what they like but when it comes from gunners it drives me mad

History books and more peoples memories never recall the also runs or how strong the league was , personally i couldnt give a f**k i want Arsenal to win every game and every title and cup.

Always believed the fans could make a good side even better
I want to do everything to get all who care about this great club pulling in that direction
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:27 am

Stop spreading negativity.

One, maybe two posters max on the whole forum has said anything close to that, 90% of the forum is fully happy with the wins and are positive about how we're playing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:32 am

starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Always believed the fans could make a good side even better
I want to do everything to get all who care about this great club pulling in that direction

This is true.
Especially so in the stadium.
Outside of matches we live in a new era where social media greatly amplifies things and the media love to stir the pot too.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:36 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Stop spreading negativity.

One, maybe two posters max on the whole forum has said anything close to that, 90% of the forum is fully happy with the wins and are positive about how we're playing.

Yeah, right.
I am sure this is a true beacon of positivity.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby TedLasso » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:32 pm

GW made some really big strides this summer in terms of positivity around the club. There was a lot more rational discussion about the team for some reason. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with everyone else being remotely critical.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:43 pm

TedLasso wrote:GW made some really big strides this summer in terms of positivity around the club. There was a lot more rational discussion about the team for some reason. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with everyone else being remotely critical.

I don’t regard some of the things I read as being ‘remotely critical’ . Criticism is fine.
Comments that downplay 5 wins in 5 to start the season because we played ‘pubbers’ is not criticism, it’s nonsense. These are the kind of comments that seem to be accepted without much pushback. Perceived to be too positive, however, well then there seems to be a big reaction.
Until the extreme negativity is called out as vociferously as the positivity , especially considering our start, then there isn’t really a positive bent to the forum IMO - which is odd considering the start and the feel good factor around Arsenal right now.

I have also noticed that a few of the more positive posters seem to have disappeared. That’s a shame.
Let’s see what happens when we lose our first game.
Maybe I am wrong and will be surprised, but I suspect there are posters just waiting to go OTT as soon as we do.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:02 pm

We’ve won 5 games and done very well winning those, but if we lose in what is our first real test of course people will be concerned.

Most people will be looking by the Man U game to see how we perform because it will put down a marker, that was always going to be the case regardless of results before it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:17 pm

Salibatelli wrote:We’ve won 5 games and done very well winning those, but if we lose in what is our first real test of course people will be concerned.

Most people will be looking by the Man U game to see how we perform because it will put down a marker, that was always going to be the case regardless of results before it.

If that's the case and we win, I hope I don't see people saying Man Utd have been poor this season and aren't any good anyway.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:19 pm

Man Utd is not our first real test.
It’s our 6th of the season.
By the end of the season we will have had 38 of them in the Premier League.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:We’ve won 5 games and done very well winning those, but if we lose in what is our first real test of course people will be concerned.

If that's the case and we win, I hope I don't see people saying Man Utd have been poor this season and aren't any good anyway.

I think they’ve won their last 2 or 3, this isn’t vintage Man U but a win away would still be a good result.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:36 pm

TedLasso wrote:GW made some really big strides this summer in terms of positivity around the club. There was a lot more rational discussion about the team for some reason. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with everyone else being remotely critical.

Think there might have been some forum bans around that time :lol:
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:43 pm

Unfortunately some of the posters wants us all to fall in line with the junta without any critical reasoning. The summer window was amazing, why, because the junta bought the players. When you point out that only 2 of the 6 signings have come good so far you’re criticized as being too critical. When you point out that there are glaring gaps in midfield and attack you’re told el Neny and Nketiah, two players we have seen for years, are actually incredible back ups. And if you disagree you’re painted as too negative. It’s really like being in North Korea. The dear leader can do no wrong no matter what the facts show.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:45 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Man Utd is not our first real test.

This is true , you can only play the team drawn to play each week, the motivation for each game may be slightly different but the out come of that motivation should always be how to win
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:50 pm

VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Man Utd is not our first real test.

This is true , you can only play the team drawn to play each week, the motivation for each game may be slightly different but the out come of that motivation should always be how to win

It’s a test in a sense you’re playing a team with quality. Whilst you can lose or draw the other games, if you perform to your ability you should win them.

Out of our first 5 Palace was the toughest by far and we did win that. The other games you’d expect us to win if we perform, which we did.

Last season we lost to Brentford but would have expected to win that, the next two we didn’t expect to win.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk