Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 pm

Don’t know what people wanted from the lineup, other than maybe Martinelli up front. Otherwise it was sadly our best team we could put out.

Least the chambers being any good myth is over. Partey was pants too after I defended him in the game thread lol
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 pm

Santi wrote:Don’t know what people wanted from the lineup, other than maybe Martinelli up front. Otherwise it was sadly our best team we could put out.

Least the chambers being any good myth is over. Partey was pants too after I defended him in the game thread lol

Come on - we needed a striker
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 pm

In what world do you start ESR as false 9 today? Odegaard hasn't played in weeks and he's the one that starts as the 10 after a long lay off? We didn't need that change.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Don’t know what people wanted from the lineup, other than maybe Martinelli up front. Otherwise it was sadly our best team we could put out.

Yeah I said other than that? People talking like he put 11 wrong players out.

I also don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility to ask the 11 he put out in the first place to beat f***ing Villarreal lol
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:27 pm

Santi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I also don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility to ask the 11 he put out in the first place to beat f***ing Villarreal lol

lol?

Saka LB, Cedric RB, Xhaka/Partey Mid, Martinelli Striker, Smith Rowe LW - Pepe RW.

Would've been so much better than what Arteta gave us today.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Paddy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:27 pm

regardless he has to go

completely out of his depth

mistake after mistake
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:32 pm

Godlop wrote:
Santi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

lol?

Saka LB, Cedric RB, Xhaka/Partey Mid, Martinelli Striker, Smith Rowe LW - Pepe RW.

Would've been so much better than what Arteta gave us today.

Of course it would, until we went 1-0 down and people crying why isn’t Saka up front we need our most creative player up there.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:33 pm

From the players that played and those that were on the bench my lineup would've been:

Leno
Luiz - Mari - Gabriel
Chambers - Odegaard - Partey - ESR
Saka - Martinelli - Pepe

If we played 4 at the back it would be:

Leno
Chambers - Luiz - Mari - Gabriel
Odegaard - Partey - ESR
Saka - Martinelli - Pepe
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:36 pm

Didn't do himself any favours today. Poor team selection. These two EL games are all we've left and should have fielded the best eleven.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ag6789 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:38 pm

Should start Ryan instead of Leno in the PL games now. Nothing to lose.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 pm

theHotHead wrote:

From the players that played and those that were on the bench my lineup would've been:

Leno
Luiz - Mari - Gabriel
Saka - Martinelli - Pepe

Leno
Odegaard - Partey - ESR
Saka - Martinelli - Pepe

Yeah would’ve liked to see the latter but with Cedric instead of chambers probably. Either way it should’ve been a win even if Mat Ryan was playing up front, the problem was poor execution imo. Easy to speculate lineups after a loss anyway, easiest thing to do cos we’ll never be proven wrong lol.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Leno
Luiz - Mari - Gabriel
Saka - Martinelli - Pepe

Leno
Odegaard - Partey - ESR
Saka - Martinelli - Pepe
I really like the idea of 3-a-t-b with gabriel in the middle and mari on the right.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm

Santi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I don't know where this confidence about beating Villarreal has come from?

They are in the Semi's just like us and spent half the season in the top 4.

As opposed to us who are battling up from 15th.

This arrogance amongst our fans need to stop, its rife throughout the club as well, because of what another team did 20 odd years ago all teams must bow to AFC and scatter in terror?

We need a mentality fix among a number of other issues, we always lay out the bare minimum when it comes to effort, its tragic.

............. meanwhile Utd won 6-1.

We wouldn't even be bothered to score 6, we'd of scored 3 then shut up shop, we're a fkin disgrace of a team and club quote frankly.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 pm

Check this shit out - we have played 13 games in the EL and have scored 33 goals and conceded 13. In the PL we have played 33 games and scored 44 and conceded 37.

Awful. Yes the EL is easier than the PL but how can we at this stage of the season have a goal difference of 7 f***ing goals !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I don't know where this confidence about beating Villarreal has come from?

They are in the Semi's just like us and spent half the season in the top 4.

As opposed to us who are battling up from 15th.

This arrogance amongst our fans need to stop, its rife throughout the club as well, because of what another team did 20 odd years ago all teams must bow to AFC and scatter in terror?

We need a mentality fix among a number of other issues, we always lay out the bare minimum when it comes to effort, its tragic.

............. meanwhile Utd won 6-1.

We wouldn't even be bothered to score 6, we'd of scored 3 then shut up shop, we're a fkin disgrace of a team and club quote frankly.

Dg, we played fooking shit and were 2-0 down and down to 10 men and they only just beat us. This is not the Villareal of Riquelme's era
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk