Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Alexis wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Has allegri been called yet?

i would absolutely not mind this at all. football may not be great, but fuk he'll get the results at least
Football couldn't be any worse than the current sideways passing bullshit!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Second game in a row where he’s gotten it wrong. I thought he would have learned by now that we are not really a team who can sit back, maybe the 6 goals against in the last two games have shocked him a little bit but this is f***ing slavia prague.

Should’ve attacked on the weekend and should’ve attacked tonight even more so. We’ve come away with almost the worst result in any case so trying to prevent the away goal, and thus giving up chance creation of our own, has proven completely worthless.

Just let the wenger handbrake off and f***ing attack from the off. Rather concede some shitty goals and actually have a go instead of hoping we score every half chance.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Alexis wrote:

i would absolutely not mind this at all. football may not be great, but fuk he'll get the results at least

He's going back to Juve next season. Pirlo will either get sacked before the season is up or leave straight after.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:23 pm

First 45 minutes had to be one of the most boring halves of football I've seen this season.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 pm

This guy is just standing there staring into space and not making subs, waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, what is he waiting for? we were playing crap and the game was just fizzling out at 0-0, and its our home game! we have to win and go for it, has Arteta not seen Prague's home form? they have not lost a single game at home, no one has beat them at home, not even Champions League teams!!!!

But oh no Arteta is just staring into space and doesn't make subs until 78 minutes, meanwhile by that time Sparta had already made 4 subs!!!!. Unbelievable.

I'm sorry but Arteta is a novice and is not up to the job. He is a nice guy, I'm certain he is a solid and nice guy, but for me he is learning on the job and not taking us anywhere but downwards.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:38 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
Alexis wrote:

Football couldn't be any worse than the current sideways passing bullshit!

Its like an ongoing nightmare.

We just can't get rid of it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 pm

Arteta has managed to make us even more boring than Wengerball.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:47 pm

New record?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:This guy is just standing there staring into space and not making subs, waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, what is he waiting for? we were playing crap and the game was just fizzling out at 0-0, and its our home game! we have to win and go for it, has Arteta not seen Prague's home form? they have not lost a single game at home, no one has beat them at home, not even Champions League teams!!!!

But oh no Arteta is just staring into space and doesn't make subs until 78 minutes, meanwhile by that time Sparta had already made 4 subs!!!!. Unbelievable.

I'm sorry but Arteta is a novice and is not up to the job. He is a nice guy, I'm certain he is a solid and nice guy, but for me he is learning on the job and not taking us anywhere but downwards.

Pride. He got the starting line up wrong and was reluctant to admit it was wrong. Slavia were way more open at the back in the second half because they were desperate for that away goal but Arteta froze. The conditions were ideal for pace and he just took too long to make the subs. We finally get the goal but bad defending and decision making cost us again. Cedric needs a slap but again, Arteta deciding to get rid our backup LB's.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:50 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Jack The Ripper wrote:This guy is just standing there staring into space and not making subs, waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, what is he waiting for? we were playing crap and the game was just fizzling out at 0-0, and its our home game! we have to win and go for it, has Arteta not seen Prague's home form? they have not lost a single game at home, no one has beat them at home, not even Champions League teams!!!!

Pride. He got the starting line up wrong and was reluctant to admit it was wrong. Slavia were way more open at the back in the second half because they were desperate for that away goal but Arteta froze. The conditions were ideal for pace and he just took too long to make the subs. We finally get the goal but bad defending and decision making cost us again. Cedric needs a slap but again, Arteta deciding to get rid our backup LB's.

Nah. We created clear chances. Saka and Laca should have scored way before the subs.
We should have been 2-0 up and cruising.

We should have been cruising to victory having played the game in 1st gear.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 pm

Really getting fed up of this team.

People think some of us are being negative, its not negative ........... I've just learned my lesson and know what to expect.

The results are in, the averages are there, we are fkin poor and have been scraping results we used to win 2 or 3-0.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 pm

Starts Willian in our most important game of the season and then refuses to make a change until the 73rd!!! minute despite what we've seen.

I hate this guy. He has to go.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 pm

aniym wrote:

New record?

Went 14 games last season
Between losing 1-0 at Sheffield Utd to 3-0 home to Man City
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby swipe right » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 pm

Those horrible top four days.

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:30 am

The results this season have been really dreadful, the amount of defeats, poor performances and bad runs is ridiculous.

This club couldn’t have got it more wrong appointing this guy, he really is an awful manager.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk