Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:01 am

Dejan wrote:
Sims wrote:His best position, which he last played there regularly in 13/14 (14 apps in all comps)

As opposed to his actual position - where he’s the best in the club at - which he’s played in the rest of his hundreds of appearances in senior football
Who our best cb is changes every week due to stupid faults they make

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Goatstafi
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:Fair enough

All I ask for is consistency. The faults of emery are now forgiven in Arteta by many. I can only speak for myself though and I'm a results guy. So far we've had 2 shit ones and 2 wins. It's nothing to shout home about but I'm optimistic we will improve majorly from what Arteta has shown us so far.

He's not the man we wanted. He's not the man we needed. He's the man we got. Just have to grin and bear it and hope the damage isn't too bad for the next man. Until then, good luck Arteta. You will need it.

What faults of Emery are being forgiven in Arteta? Kindly elaborate. I will get the popcorn, this will be interesting.

Playing Xhaka every game for a start we just won't be able to move forward unless we move on from this guy, he should be phased out and sold of (preferably in January) yet Arteta is going one step further and praising him and saying he wants him to stay.

Call me a fool but I expected a new manager to phase this guy out, not make him a key member of the tam.

That is a bit petty.
So any manager that play Xhaka means they are rubbish?
We might not rate Xhaka but the evidence shows that managers rate him.
Wenger, Emery, Ljungberg and now Arteta..
There must be something that he possesses that actual qualified managers sexe in him that most of us Keyboard (Football manager, FIFA) warriors can’t see.

I never rated and still don’t rate Xhaka but the way everyone has convinced themselves that Xhaka is some sort of reason we are a bad team is funny.

Reminds me of how Giroud was treated while here. He became the scapegoat for nearly all our struggles. “Donkey this Donkey that. Lamppost this lamppost that. Champions level this and that, blah blah”.

The way you are using Xhaka as the disqualifying criteria for an Arsenal manager is a bit weird. I would hope that judging the teams performances as a whole would be much fair.

It reminds me of politics. People become one issue voters. This and that politician is good, but because he / she enacted one policy that i hate then that should disqualify them entirely.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby realtalk » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:33 pm

He made us back into a passing team that look good. Thats crucial to being a manager at arsenal. Cant wait to see his improvements over time. We were sceptical. He's here and just has to prove he's up for the job. So far Im very happy with what i see. Keep up the work arteta.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Really boring football today, loads of sideways passes on the half way line and hardly and going forward to create chances. I find that even more boring than the long ball game where at least the ball goes in the box to create chances. Really dull football like watching us under Wenger all over again. Rubbish football today.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Not good enough.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Poor game but hopefully better next week
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Really not good today

David Luiz was key in the first 20 then we stopped playing them long balls that stretch the defence

Couple of unlucky moments and sloppy set up from a set piece cost us

We go again
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:33 pm

We were too patient today just sitting back enjoying possession and got lulled into a draw.

Arteta needs to get the guys more into incisive attacking, when Palace just sat off us our players looked like they thought there was no point in going at them and that cost us the draw.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:34 pm

He has some site players to pick from that doesn't help but I am still not really happy with him being the boss. I just hope he can improve this shite.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby themessiah » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Well another draw. Quite a disappointing result. However it's not a loss. Good first half. Seems like the brain shuts down in the second
Still a little worrying how we have fallen off a bit in the second half under Arteta (the red card today changed things), but I think it’s more of a fitness issue. The busy holiday schedule surely has something to do with that.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby immsun » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Dont like what i saw today.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:46 pm

If Ceballos is fit he must drop Ozil for him, this is important. The structure Arteta has built is good but we need an attacking mid who can evade tackles to help us keep possession. Ozil is shit an can't do this anymore hence why we spent so much time defending today. Wenger, Emery, Ljungberg and now even under Arteta the same shitty performance again. He's past it, its that simple.

Palace pressed us high and we weren't good enough to keep the ball.

Arteta must be strong on this now. Ozil is past his peak and won't get any better and we are a team which clearly needs a revamp, getting rid of him could help us really build something good here, Martinelli today, he has no passing range but look at the difference he made even with 10 men because he can move around and take players on. We badly lack a technician who can commit players in the final 3rd aswell as pass.

This for me falls more on the board and Raul than Arteta. They need to get tough and make the signing we desperately need. This team needs players or everything will collapse and Arteta won't even get a chance.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:17 pm

If we are to press like a team, we need everyone, not "the team minus Ozil". He sure works harder on the pressing under Arteta but that's not saying much honestly.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Wenger couldn't, Emery couldn't, and already Arteta is struggling ... to get this squad to play consistent football even for 45 minutes seems to be impossible, what works one week fails abysmally a week later ... when one player gets hot another goes cold. No blame on Arteta he has at least 18 months to make his mark, but I'm afraid this is probably as good as it gets until we make some serious squad changes.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:50 pm

Plenty of the team has changed since Wenger left. Close to 70%. So even minus Wenger, the recruitment hasn't changed/improved much.
I guess transition is painful.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk