Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Goonerred » Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
We were in the top 4 race precisely because the manager and team have done a good job this year.
The disappointment is understandable because we got so close, the complete meltdown to suggest our club is doomed forever is not understandable. It’s pathetic.

I have no interest in your tactical analysis , no more than I’d be interested in a bin man talking about financial derivatives.

As for my retort , it’s not ‘there’s always next year’ it’s ‘it always WAS next year’ . This year was always a stretch for top 4 which would have represented a brilliant season way ahead is schedule.

I think we will get top 4 next year.
If we don’t, what I will say is that the manager and players have not progressed. Not really that complicated.

But I will wait for what happens next year instead of crying about what people might be afraid of - incessantly.

Jay make up your mind ! You said top 6 was your goal and it was aligned with the club's goal, then you said Top 6 wasn't your goal.

You claim we are ahead of schedule, how ? If top 6 wasnt our goal and top 4 was unrealistic, how is finishing top 5 ahead of our goal ?

Your view is riddled with contradictions.

You say we have progressed, but we have less points than Emery and are back in the Europa League. This so-called progress you are measuring against is against Arteta's previous failure - 8th place and no Europe. How the hell is that progress ? Its net no progress at all, unless of course you are tryng to say Arteta has improved against his own shit-ness, ok, I can agree - thats NOT progress in the sense that any sane Arsenal football fan is measuring it against. Thats like celebrating winning back the money you gambled away and lost, nothing to celebrate bro, we are back to square one, but 3 years later !

:clap:
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 20, 2022 10:56 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
We were in the top 4 race precisely because the manager and team have done a good job this year.
The disappointment is understandable because we got so close, the complete meltdown to suggest our club is doomed forever is not understandable. It’s pathetic.

I have no interest in your tactical analysis , no more than I’d be interested in a bin man talking about financial derivatives.

As for my retort , it’s not ‘there’s always next year’ it’s ‘it always WAS next year’ . This year was always a stretch for top 4 which would have represented a brilliant season way ahead is schedule.

If we don’t, what I will say is that the manager and players have not progressed. Not really that complicated.

But I will wait for what happens next year instead of crying about what people might be afraid of - incessantly.

Jay make up your mind ! You said top 6 was your goal and it was aligned with the club's goal, then you said Top 6 wasn't your goal.

You claim we are ahead of schedule, how ? If top 6 wasnt our goal and top 4 was unrealistic, how is finishing top 5 ahead of our goal ?

You say we have progressed, but we have less points than Emery and are back in the Europa League. This so-called progress you are measuring against is against Arteta's previous failure - 8th place and no Europe. How the hell is that progress ? Its net no progress at all, unless of course you are tryng to say Arteta has improved against his own shit-ness, ok, I can agree - thats NOT progress in the sense that any sane Arsenal football fan is measuring it against. Thats like celebrating winning back the money you gambled away and lost, nothing to celebrate bro, we are back to square one, but 3 years later !

Its called squirming through a heighten'd state of embarrassment from using "We're gonna get 4th" to bash everyone about how godlike Arteta is.

........... just only to become a meme again. :lol:

Another season, another meme.

They're piling up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 20, 2022 10:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote: :rofll: :rofll:

Shut down the thread. Jay has killed this poor guy!

:rolleyes:

So excitable like a puppy about to pee itself, what are you 5 years old or something?

This guy really a grown adult surely?

There is little to no hope for him ... he is the puppet of someone he claims he is much smarter than .... so what does that say about him ?? He needs to take a break and evaluate his life. His world is controlled by me ... he just "thinks" he is in control .. just like those poor peeps in the Matrix .......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 20, 2022 11:35 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote::rolleyes: you lost me, when you said ‘those that know about football’.

I can only assume that anyone who thought there was a quick fix really didn’t understand the situation.
It was always a long term job. We were in such awful shape I remember saying it was a 5 year job to get us back - IF we could ever recover. That’s about right. The signs are good that we can get back but only because Arteta recognised he had to totally shred the squad and replace it.

Dismantling the squad so quickly and getting us back up the table with a young squad of replacements and development of the only players worthy of staying is really a very good job.

Our trajectory is up instead of down and our future for the next few years looks positive For the first time in ages. You have to give big credit to the manger for that and the players he brought in.
It’s why Arsenal fans are excited about the future.

Jay, if the team after Wenger left finished 5th and 1 point from 4th place that tells you and proves that no such long term job was required to fix any situation. Simple.

Never bought that argument HH.
The team plummeted from that point and was never going to get us back in the top 4 and had dropped to 11th half way through a season when Arteta took over. It was a mess. So, Arteta completely changed the team and put us on a path forward, completely recovering the position and more importantly setting us an upward trajectory, not down.

The trajectory is simple
Took over in 11th
Moved up to 8th
Stayed 8th
Moved up to 5th

All whilst totally revamping the squad.

My only criticism is that we kept players in that first full season that were proven failures.
Should have done what we did at the beginning of this season earlier - straight after winning the FA Cup.

The team only plummeted because Emery turned into a total f***ing idiot Jay. Arteta came in and showed initial pragmatism which was solely responsible for winning the FA Cup, then that went to his head, he got promoted to manager - and then he too turned into a total f***ing idiot.

So NO, a major revamp/rebuild was not required, we had successive managers making endless bad decisions - thats what led us to plummet, nothing else.

Nope.
Said before the start of the season, before game 1

6th progress
5th good
4th great

You tried to make the minimum achievement the only goal. Minimums are never the only thing you are shooting for.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 20, 2022 11:37 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Its called squirming through a heighten'd state of embarrassment from using "We're gonna get 4th" to bash everyone about how godlike Arteta is.

........... just only to become a meme again. :lol:

Another season, another meme.

They're piling up.

Dude you’ve been absolutely shattered this year -again.
'No chance of 4th'... then when it looks like we might get 4th ... 'told you we'd get 4th'... to then when we lost and almost certain not to get 4th.... 'told you we wouldn't get 4th'. Like I said before you'll be back to 'told you we'd get 4th' if Norwich win and we win on Sunday :rofll:
You think no one remembers. :rolleyes:

Anyway, don’t start another meltdown.
After 3 days I thought you’d come off the ledge.
Don’t get back on it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 am

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So excitable like a puppy about to pee itself, what are you 5 years old or something?

There is little to no hope for him ... he is the puppet of someone he claims he is much smarter than .... so what does that say about him ?? He needs to take a break and evaluate his life. His world is controlled by me ... he just "thinks" he is in control .. just like those poor peeps in the Matrix .......

I wouldn't worry about it - this is the same guy who got so angry when his boxing knowledge was questioned (I told him that Wilder was better than Joshua) that he ended up offering me out for a fight in these pages for all to see :lol: .
He doesn't know much, positions himself as an expert on everything, then gets upset with himself when he's wrong all the time, which results in lashing out and constant posts about how he's right on every issue (defence mechanism and coping strategy).
It is what it is - you learn to just laugh.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 20, 2022 2:09 pm

I'll let you tell him Jay :lol:

I'm living in his head rent free.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 20, 2022 2:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:I'll let you tell him Jay :lol:

Honestly, you two have just got into a forum rivalry TBH.
We've been chatting for over a decade (can you believe it) on this forum, the 'other one' and the forum we created for ourselves. He is not aware that you are a tough but fair and can easily let past arguments go.

Reiss seems alright - but like much of this site it's become somewhat of a personal rivalry with you both hammering each other. I would say give each other a break because you are both good guys.

Just my 2c.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it - this is the same guy who got so angry when his boxing knowledge was questioned (I told him that Wilder was better than Joshua) that he ended up offering me out for a fight in these pages for all to see :lol: .
He doesn't know much, positions himself as an expert on everything, then gets upset with himself when he's wrong all the time, which results in lashing out and constant posts about how he's right on every issue (defence mechanism and coping strategy).
It is what it is - you learn to just laugh.

:rofll:

Never a better description of anything has ever been written.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 20, 2022 2:46 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

We've been chatting for over a decade (can you believe it) on this forum, the 'other one' and the forum we created for ourselves. He is not aware that you are a tough but fair and can easily let past arguments go.

Reiss seems alright - but like much of this site it's become somewhat of a personal rivalry with you both hammering each other. I would say give each other a break because you are both good guys.

Just my 2c.

No Jay .. I meant the boxing bit FFS LOL.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 20, 2022 2:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Just my 2c.

No Jay .. I meant the boxing bit FFS LOL.

:rofll:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Fri May 20, 2022 3:33 pm

I’m just sitting here shocked that Jay posts on other forums! I mean….when do you have the time??? :dontknow:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Fri May 20, 2022 3:35 pm

Maybe he copy and pastes the same text across all Arsenal forums
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Rockape wrote:I’m just sitting here shocked that Jay posts on other forums! I mean….when do you have the time??? :dontknow:

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 20, 2022 4:02 pm

You can see how wounded Jay and Santi have been by me, can't stop mentioning me at every opportunity, like my own personal fan club.

Rent free...... you know the rest, my work here is done.

Anyway glad I could be of service, don't worry, I'm here all week.

Jay your seasons meme has been completed, well done on wasting another year of your life being wrong and making a clown of yourself.

......... unfortunately it'd be classed as trolling but it would be funny to make a thread documenting all his posts from all his meme's so they aren't lost and are there as a permanent reminder of the man who couldn't get anything right.

Meme 1 - RVP scored more goals than Auba
Meme 2 - Arsenal were in the final already because Villarreal were a pub team
Meme 3 - We weren't going to get top 4 or the Europa cup ........ but it doesn't matter because we're going to finish higher than spurs, oops.
Meme 4 - Arteta is manager of the season and he's amazing because we're going to now finish in the top 4.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk