Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:43 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Saka is chosen because of his runs. He has to take his chances and fine tune his game, but he's the one who runs at players and plays forward ( same w/ ESR).

Looks like he needs a rest to me. Played lots of football lately

He was excellent today - read some of the laughable comments on here and was shocked at first, then just laughed.
His running off the ball was brilliant - he ran the defence ragged, pulling them all over the place.
His retention of possession, protecting the ball superb.
He drew fouls all game - Villa targeted him.

He missed a good chance - that's where people will focus, I guess.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Arteta second fastest to 50 wins as Arsenal manager, doing it in 94 games, just behind George Graham who did it in 89 games.
Wenger 3rd on 98, Herbert Chapman on 101 in 4th
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Arteta's games in charge

P98 W52 D20 L26 GF170 GA105 GD+65 Win% 53.06
3rd all-time win % for Arsenal managers who managed more than 15 games.

Wenger's win % was 57%
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:46 pm

TedLasso wrote:Im curious, whats his record against the other “big 6” clubs?

W11 D2 L12 I believe

against Chelsea, City, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Arteta second fastest to 50 wins as Arsenal manager, doing it in 94 games, just behind George Graham who did it in 89 games.

Small factoid. Wenger won the double during that period and Arteta finished eighth.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:21 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Arteta second fastest to 50 wins as Arsenal manager, doing it in 94 games, just behind George Graham who did it in 89 games.

Small factoid. Wenger won the double during that period and Arteta finished eighth.

And Wenger gave us the best football the club has ever seen. Meanwhile Arteta breaks records for fewest shots and goals etc.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:26 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

And Wenger gave us the best football the club has ever seen. Meanwhile Arteta breaks records for fewest shots and goals etc.

I was just pointing out that the apparently worsesesest manager of all time who allegedly knows less about football than some randoms on a forum has reached 50 wins faster than any other Arsenal manager except GG.

I guess if one so awful can have one of the all time best win rates as an Arsenal manager, it kind of suggests that managers are indeed not very important.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

I was just pointing out that the apparently worsesesest manager of all time who allegedly knows less about football than some randoms on a forum has reached 50 wins faster than any other Arsenal manager except GG.

I guess if one so awful can have one of the all time best win rates as an Arsenal manager, it kind of suggests that managers are indeed not very important.

I’d like to compare the 49 games Wenger went unbeaten with Arteta’s first 49 games. You know, your type of selective time period analysis.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:08 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

I’d like to compare the 49 games Wenger went unbeaten with Arteta’s first 49 games. You know, your type of selective time period analysis.

Why would you have to take the greatest PL unbeaten run in history as a comparison the worsesest manager eva!
Surely anything would do.
;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:12 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Why would you have to take the greatest PL unbeaten run in history as a comparison the worsesest manager eva!
Surely anything would do.
;)

Touché amigo touché :clap:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

That achievement in isolation means nothing. Winning a load of dead games against dead teams while not presenting a style of play and without knowing which players he should play is the other side.

Wenger took the hit of results while trying to create a style of play, Klopp did the same. The fruit of both of their labour was there to see. 2 seasons on and an 8th place finish later nobody has a freekin clue what Arteta is trying to do - apart from spend his way into finding a system that works. Any fool can do that. Beating a bunch of teams we should be beating 9 times out of 10 doesn't convince me a corner has been turned, we drew with Brighton and C Palace and played shit in both games.

2nd fastest to 50 having spent the most money and played the shittest football is no great achievement.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

That achievement in isolation means nothing. Winning a load of dead games against dead teams while not presenting a style of play and without knowing which players he should play is the other side.

Wenger took the hit of results while trying to create a style of play, Klopp did the same. The fruit of both of their labour was there to see. 2 seasons on and an 8th place finish later nobody has a freekin clue what Arteta is trying to do - apart from spend his way into finding a system that works. Any fool can do that. Beating a bunch of teams we should be beating 9 times out of 10 doesn't convince me a corner has been turned, we drew with Brighton and C Palace and played shit in both games.

2nd fastest to 50 having spent the most money and played the shittest football is no great achievement.

11 of those wins have come against Utd, City, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Oh, and most of the money he spent this year did not factor into his first 50 games.
The goal was reached after the Spurs game.

It is what it is.
I am still wondering how such an awful manager could have won 50 games faster than every other manager in Arsenal's history bar GG.
:dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:03 pm

Europa League. Pointless and shit playing against literal pub sides.

But let's use the wins we have against these very same pubbers to big up arteta getting to 50 wins pretty quick

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you jay.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm

Ach wrote:Europa League. Pointless and shit playing against literal pub sides.

But let's use the wins we have against these very same pubbers to big up arteta getting to 50 wins pretty quick

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you jay.

Thanks for the concession, finally.
:lol:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:11 pm

As expected, doesn't understand the history of the football club if you look down on any European competition
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk