Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Got it bang on today at least, makes up for the last two shitters.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Won as expected today, but Sheff Utd have 14 points and 4 wins all season!

Meaningless result in a disastrous league campaign where both teams have nothing left to play for.

Nice to see Martinelli get a run out, as usual he performs, I expect he’ll be dropped on Thursday.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:29 pm

Wouldn't have been calling it meaningless if we lost though would you.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Santi wrote:Wouldn't have been calling it meaningless if we lost though would you.

No game that brings us to within touching distance of finishing above Spurs is meaningless.
This is the PL, the best competition in the world, bar none.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm

League is done it’s meaningless, we’re midtable cannonfodder and sheff utd are relegated and have got nothing to play for.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Santi wrote:Wouldn't have been calling it meaningless if we lost though would you.

It’s a game we should win, as I said they only have 4 wins all season, would have been a disgrace to lose.

Doesn’t mean a lot though, the league is over for us, while season now hinges on Thursdays match.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:44 am

Got it right today and I liked that he played Saka as a type of Second striker / Attacking Mid, i thought putting a Winger in that position really amped up our usually torrid attacking transition.

We basically had 4 attacking players on today in what was very similar to a 4-4-1-1 but just played in our usual formation.

Usually when the ball goes to the no10 position we over play it but today because Saka is a winger we started attacking the box as soon as he got the ball in that position with Pepe, Laca and Martinelli all running with him.

I'd like to see more of that because it takes the edge off all our possession, pass, pass, pass nonsense, basically attacking like that at least makes a point to having all that possession rather than the sht show we usually display.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:48 am

Özim wrote:Talk of senior players questioning Artetas’ methods and feeling he is blaming them and not taking enough responsibility.

About time really, the beginning of the end for him, once he loses the players it’s game over, the sooner it happens the better, we need move on from this very forgettable period under Arteta, he was an average player and is an average manager as well.

Where's your source for this?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Talk of senior players questioning Artetas’ methods and feeling he is blaming them and not taking enough responsibility.

About time really, the beginning of the end for him, once he loses the players it’s game over, the sooner it happens the better, we need move on from this very forgettable period under Arteta, he was an average player and is an average manager as well.

Some reliable Internet website probably.

Must be true. At least he hopes it is.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:32 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9457861/amp/Mikel-Arteta-facing-revolt-Arsenal-players-angry-blamed-Gunners-woes.html
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:33 am

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah I mean why would they be anyway, it’s not like we’ve been midtable or below all season and he’s picked players because he likes them and not picked others for some nonsensical reason (like there’s too many young players playing lol) or anything is it?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah I mean why would they be anyway, it’s not like we’ve been midtable or below all season and he’s picked players because he likes them and not picked others for some nonsensical reason (like there’s too many young players playing lol) or anything is it?

You say these things as if they're factual.

I guess if you repeat it enough (and you've most certainly done that) you'll start to believe it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 am

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I guess if you repeat it enough (and you've most certainly done that) you'll start to believe it.

You remind me of this guy.

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:52 am

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You remind me of this guy.

And you remind me of this one.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk