Henry as backup?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Henry as backup?

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Leödy wrote:Honestly, has anybody saying that Bendtner isn't better than Henry seen anything of Thierry in the last two years apart from 3 or 4 goal highlights?

Seriously. If you had, you wouldn't be saying that. In the last two years he hasn't even lead his own MLS team in scoring... A league that isn't even the level of the Championship.

My mom is better than Bendtner. Even Chamakh is f***ing better than Bendtner.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Dejan wrote:
Leödy wrote:Honestly, has anybody saying that Bendtner isn't better than Henry seen anything of Thierry in the last two years apart from 3 or 4 goal highlights?

Seriously. If you had, you wouldn't be saying that. In the last two years he hasn't even lead his own MLS team in scoring... A league that isn't even the level of the Championship.

My mom is better than Bendtner. Even Chamakh is f***ing better than Bendtner.

+1 put Bendtner in the MLS and he won't score half as much as Henry.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby lexalove » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:22 pm

arsebandit wrote:Bendtner doesn't count, a fresh dog turd has more uses than bendtner, as does an old crusty one. In fact, if we compare positives of bendtner & say.. Ebola, well at least ebola is a thing... with A purpose. Granted a very basic, nasty one but it does a thing..

One of the funniest posts i think i've ever read on here... my stomach and sides hurt.
I agree with you 100% mate. He should never be allowed to wear our shirt again.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 pm

I am starting to think that even being this close to a potential title, with it being the perfect - albeit difficult - time to reinforce in an obvious position, Wenger might still opt to hold out til the summer before getting that much needed striker.

A ridiculous thought, but more than plausible.

And if that's the case, then Henry for two months is better than no Henry for two months.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 pm

As someone who's actually seen him play 90 minutes this season... against the Columbus Crew... and have absolutely no influence on the match what-so-ever, I'll pass on having him back at Arsenal. Even for two months. It would be a complete and total waste.

Bendtner is much more useful. Even as much as he's hated by Arsenal fans.

I'd rather have Marco Di Vaio... the bloke who scored twice as many goals as Henry in the MLS this season. (Not saying I actually want Di Vaio, that'd be equally silly)

He's well past it guys. Well, well past it.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Leödy wrote:As someone who's actually seen him play 90 minutes this season... against the Columbus Crew... and have absolutely no influence on the match what-so-ever, I'll pass on having him back at Arsenal. Even for two months. It would be a complete and total waste.

I'd rather have Marco Di Vaio... the bloke who scored twice as many goals as Henry in the MLS this season. (Not saying I actually want Di Vaio, that'd be equally silly)

You mean the Bendtner that hasnt scored in his last 18 appearances for clublevel? ok then

I rather have park than that moron.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Dejan wrote:
Leödy wrote:As someone who's actually seen him play 90 minutes this season... against the Columbus Crew... and have absolutely no influence on the match what-so-ever, I'll pass on having him back at Arsenal. Even for two months. It would be a complete and total waste.

You mean the Bendtner that hasnt scored in his last 18 appearances for clublevel? ok then

Id rather bring back Christopher Wreh than see Bendtner again!!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Dejan wrote:

Yes. That's exactly who I mean. He's still better than Henry is right now.

I'd much rather have somebody that's far better than both of them. Henry's ability right now doesn't even warrant a spot on the bench at Arsenal. It would be a farce.

I love Henry as much as any other Gooner, but we may as well bring back Ian Wright in January while we're at it if we're bringing Henry back.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Leödy wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Yes. That's exactly who I mean. He's still better than Henry is right now.

I'd much rather have somebody that's far better than both of them. Henry's ability right now doesn't even warrant a spot on the bench at Arsenal. It would be a farce.

I love Henry as much as any other Gooner, but we may as well bring back Ian Wright in January while we're at it if we're bringing Henry back.

Theres a difference. Wright has retired and has been for years, Henry is still playing and can still score at his age.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:36 am

Dejan wrote:

bendtner has gone 712 mins without a club goal
the same 712 mins in 04/05 between at home to fulham 26th dec 2004 and away at villa 5th feb 2005
that henry went without a club goal
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 am

So we sign Henry for a 2 month loan spell on the bench, with possibly a 15min cameo in an fa cup tie (if its a lower league team) and that would be showing the football world we are serious silverwear contenders yeah?

Lets get it right, if he did`nt score last time, and lets get serious about who that was against, we would have been a laughing stock on a massive scale. A few have mentioned the likes of Giggs still going at that sort of age, but Giggs has stayed in the prem league so his "work level" has stayed on par.

If you sign a world class player like Ozil, the next signing should be at least an equal level, ie someone who is still playing in a TOP LEVEL league .........not an old has been.
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am

We should sign him permanently in a player-coach role.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:58 pm

If Wenger's desperate enough to play Bendtner after all the off-field shit, how is he not desperate enough to play Park?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Est83 wrote:If Wenger's desperate enough to play Bendtner after all the off-field shit, how is he not desperate enough to play Park?

Because the South Koreans wouldn't be happy if he got injured? Because he postponed his military service to stay at Arsenal. MAybe not.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Glad he's here, hopefully he can help Theo find his goalscoring boots and, more importantly Chuba Akpom and Serge Gnabry (who I believe has a future as a forward) can learn from a master.
What an excellent opportunity for them.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk