Henry as backup?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Henry as backup?

Postby Leody » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm

gzagee wrote:Glad he's here, hopefully he can help Theo find his goalscoring boots and, more importantly Chuba Akpom and Serge Gnabry (who I believe has a future as a forward) can learn from a master.
What an excellent opportunity for them.

Exactly.

I'm more than happy to have him in training with the squad to help teach them a few things. But he has no place near the playing squad.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby FatSadGooner » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Leödy wrote:
gzagee wrote:Glad he's here, hopefully he can help Theo find his goalscoring boots and, more importantly Chuba Akpom and Serge Gnabry (who I believe has a future as a forward) can learn from a master.
What an excellent opportunity for them.

Exactly.

I'm more than happy to have him in training with the squad to help teach them a few things. But he has no place near the playing squad.

+1

The improvement Theo showed last time he was here was disproportionate (? spelling anyone??) to anything Wenger has taught him for years.
'I ran home immediately to my wife in excitement and said, 'I've seen the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you'll ever see in our Academy…..and he's from Lewisham!'

David Dein on Rocky Rocastle.

I wonder what Gazidis would have said......
FatSadGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby friedslice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:35 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:We should sign him permanently in a player-coach role.

^this.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. noone is saying he'll come in and help contribute to winning things. he's clearly not good enough for the highest level anymore age has caught up with him, but he's a priceless commodity in the dressing room, and as a fan i think it'd be great to see him in the arsenal shirt again. it won't be about his performances, it'll be about the morale and uplift that thierry brings whenever he's around the club.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 am

He could mentally help us get over the line if we're still top of the table next year.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 am

It'd make me buy another f***ing shirt I promise you that. Hope you're reading Arsenal board ! ££££££

Don't care how old he is, get him and another striker in Jan (Park and Bendtner FO), use Giroud and Henry while the other guy settles in and then let Thierry go back to the MLS in March. TH14 <3
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby PERTheBFG » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 am

I want the man to retire here; he deserves it.
PERTheBFG
Liam Brady

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:49 am

Henry’s top 10 for NY Red Bulls. Number 6 is my favorite. This was once he was past his best and yet look how good he was.
https://youtu.be/ryybXE8r-qM

Did Wenger miss a trick by not bringing him back after Barca? Could’ve been a partner or backup to van Persie.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:16 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
gooney wrote:He couldnt....Not only is Henrys legs gone, he's physically much much weaker than when he was here.

Yes, but as mentioned before even if he's lost his pace, he still has the talent to do the job.

Mate, he's 43! :shifty:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk