Henry as backup?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Henry as backup?

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 am

UFGN wrote:Signing him again would be a step back. Simply a cheap trick to placate the idiot masses and avoid having to shell out for a new striker.

He won't get a striker in january with or without Henry. And Henry is better than f***ing bendtner so its not a step back.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:59 am

Dejan wrote:
Leödy wrote:
Massa wrote:^Take it from someone who watches the MLS. He's 36 ffs

Still love him to bits, and what he's doing at 36 is amazing... but let's be serious. He's well past it for playing anywhere near the level required in the EPL.

He doesn't have his speed anymore and the only reason he can do anything in the MLS is because his technique is miles ahead of the rest of the league, and that doesn't fade with age as quickly.

People said that 2 years ago aswell. Look what happend.

And who cares that he has no speed? Giroud has speed? Henry's technique is still probably lightyears above Giroud's and especially f***ing bendtner's

I rather have Henry then bendtner and someone who doesnt is off his f***ing rocker.

^ This.

Del Piero and Giggs are living proof that you don't need pace to play at the highest level. It's annoying when you see people bring up his stats from the MLS lol, he's out there for the American lifestyle only.. He's said that before! He's strolling round and still casually scoring worldies for fun there's absolutely no proof that he still can't play a part as a back up for a couple of months.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yosifun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:59 am

Better than Bendtner and could play second striker or on the left. I really want him to wear our shirt before he retires..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:07 am

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:16 am

Dejan wrote:
UFGN wrote:Signing him again would be a step back. Simply a cheap trick to placate the idiot masses and avoid having to shell out for a new striker.

He won't get a striker in january with or without Henry. And Henry is better than f***ing bendtner so its not a step back.

Henry today is not better than bendtner. Lets get real here....Bendtner is not match fit....but he's a decent player. Henry is a very old man who is way way past it.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yosifun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 am

gooney wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Henry today is not better than bendtner. Lets get real here....Bendtner is not match fit....but he's a decent player. Henry is a very old man who is way way past it.

hmm.. yes he is.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Schlandi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 am

yosifun wrote:Better than Bendtner and could play second striker or on the left. I really want him to wear our shirt before he retires..

Don't get me wrong I loved it to watch him play BUT we already have several players who can play this positions, in January (if nobody gets injured again) we will maybe have "to many" players shortly before the WC for the few spots. Everyone wants to play to secure their Brasil journey can't see how this should work without any trouble in our squad.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 am

gooney wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Oh come on! Even I as a Bendtner fan say that Henry is better and could do a slightly better job at being the back-up striker.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:28 am

He couldnt....Not only is Henrys legs gone, he's physically much much weaker than when he was here.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:30 am

gooney wrote:He couldnt....Not only is Henrys legs gone, he's physically much much weaker than when he was here.

Yes, but as mentioned before even if he's lost his pace, he still has the talent to do the job.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:32 am

gooney wrote:He couldnt....Not only is Henrys legs gone, he's physically much much weaker than when he was here.

If anything he's put on weight making him stronger. I think he could adapt his game and become more of a target man if he doesn't have the legs to be the all rounder he was before.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Dejan wrote:
Git wrote:I love him with all my heart and soul.

But he didn't have the legs when he came back for his last loan spell. It'll be even worse now.

but still won us 2 matches.

Something Bendtner won't do.

inb4 f***ing starman

henry could,t have got the winner at sunderland had ramsey not scored the equaliser
bendtner
07/08
goal v steau bucharest turned out winner
w v spurs
eq v villa
eq v liverpool
w v everton
08/09
w v kiev
w v bolton
twice at west brom inc winner
09/10
1st goal back in liege
w v liverpool league cup
w at hull
w v wolves
10/11
put us in front at wigan
put us in front v huddersfield
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby arsebandit » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:30 pm

No. We're only discussing this cos we have no back up for Giroud. Bendtner doesn't count, a fresh dog turd has more uses than bendtner, as does an old crusty one. In fact, if we compare positives of bendtner & say.. Ebola, well at least ebola is a thing... with A purpose. Granted a very basic, nasty one but it does a thing.. Any feelings regarding Thierry playing for us again were fulfilled simply with his winner against leeds. That was as good as it could have gotten for me. I for one want to remember him the way we all do, not for a few more 10 min cameo's which will only show us, most of the magic dust he once had has faded away. Absolutely worship the guy, always will, which is why I don't want to see him play for us again.
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Honestly, has anybody saying that Bendtner isn't better than Henry seen anything of Thierry in the last two years apart from 3 or 4 goal highlights?

Seriously. If you had, you wouldn't be saying that. In the last two years he hasn't even lead his own MLS team in scoring... A league that isn't even the level of the Championship.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:08 pm

starmandb wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Git wrote:I love him with all my heart and soul.

But he didn't have the legs when he came back for his last loan spell. It'll be even worse now.

but still won us 2 matches.

Something Bendtner won't do.

inb4 f***ing starman

henry could,t have got the winner at sunderland had ramsey not scored the equaliser
bendtner
07/08
goal v steau bucharest turned out winner
w v spurs
eq v villa
eq v liverpool
w v everton
08/09
w v kiev
w v bolton
twice at west brom inc winner
09/10