Wenger Inn...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Wenger Inn...

Postby RW_0 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:54 pm

My God, this thread still exists...there are still Wenger knob lickers around...shocked.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:59 pm

RW_0 wrote:My God, this thread still exists...there are still Wenger knob lickers around...shocked.

In their little comfortable safe spaces, worry not they'll crawl out of their nests once we get an unbeaten streak going or manage some new statistic worth mentioning.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Big17 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:00 pm

RW_0 wrote:My God, this thread still exists...there are still Wenger knob lickers around...shocked.

Threads don't get deleted. You just dug it up. Clown.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Besides Arsene Nose I don't think there's one regular poster on this forum who doesn't want a change of management at this point.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Callum wrote:Besides Arsene Nose I don't think there's one regular poster on this forum who doesn't want a change of management at this point.

What makes you think that? I'm sure there are some, I doubt that GW is some special place exempt from the Arsene Wenger mania. They're afraid to speak up because they have nothing to base their cultism on hence they'd get torn to pieces right away.

A certain unnamed poster comes to mind who, before the last two games, started showing his true colors again, taunting the "haters" who were, according to him "in disarray" (implying the WOB I reckon).
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Nejch wrote:
Callum wrote:Besides Arsene Nose I don't think there's one regular poster on this forum who doesn't want a change of management at this point.

What makes you think that? I'm sure there are some, I doubt that GW is some special place exempt from the Arsene Wenger mania. They're afraid to speak up because they have nothing to base their cultism on hence they'd get torn to pieces right away.

A certain unnamed poster comes to mind who, before the last two games, started showing his true colors again, taunting the "haters" who were, according to him "in disarray" (implying the WOB I reckon).

Whenever I see this thread bumped it's usually from someone calling out Wenger fans on here but to my knowledge there are next to none. I don't post as much anymore though so perhaps I've just not noticed them.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Callum wrote:
Nejch wrote:

Whenever I see this thread bumped it's usually from someone calling out Wenger fans on here but to my knowledge there are next to none. I don't post as much anymore though so perhaps I've just not noticed them.

No one's noticed them, but they are here, believe me. Had we won these last 2 matches, I'm sure they would have come out and gloated in full force.

May I ask why you've stopped posting as much lately? We've had some disagreements over the years but I've personally always rated you as a poster, even if I didn't always like what you had to say.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:59 pm

Nejch wrote:
Callum wrote:
Nejch wrote:

No one's noticed them, but they are here, believe me. Had we won these last 2 matches, I'm sure they would have come out and gloated in full force.

May I ask why you've stopped posting as much lately? We've had some disagreements over the years but I've personally always rated you as a poster, even if I didn't always like what you had to say.

Mans got shit going down in Canada

Damn fine Mounties and all the Grizzly bears you can f**k

He's far too busy for GW
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Callum » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:57 am

Nejch wrote:May I ask why you've stopped posting as much lately? We've had some disagreements over the years but I've personally always rated you as a poster, even if I didn't always like what you had to say.

Thank you. I moved to Canada in the summer so for one don't catch as many games as I did back home, plus I'm working more than before so don't have as much free time as I did prior. I also feel pretty jaded discussing Arsenal in any depth here and feel like I'm at the point where every discussion feels like it's been had before. I still read a fair bit, just can't be arsed getting in involved in any debate longer than a few sentences. I also can't bring myself make any sort of contributions in the political discussions anymore either; have no idea how some people have the stamina or the patience for it.

UFGN wrote:Mans got shit going down in Canada

He's far too busy for GW

Also, this.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby diesel » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Callum wrote:
Nejch wrote:May I ask why you've stopped posting as much lately? We've had some disagreements over the years but I've personally always rated you as a poster, even if I didn't always like what you had to say.

Thank you. I moved to Canada in the summer so for one don't catch as many games as I did back home, plus I'm working more than before so don't have as much free time as I did prior. I also feel pretty jaded discussing Arsenal in any depth here and feel like I'm at the point where every discussion feels like it's been had before. I still read a fair bit, just can't be arsed getting in involved in any debate longer than a few sentences. I also can't bring myself make any sort of contributions in the political discussions anymore either; have no idea how some people have the stamina or the patience for it.

UFGN wrote:Mans got shit going down in Canada

He's far too busy for GW

Also, this.

Gents,although I'm a very new poster compared to you good fellas please don't lose energy for it and patience. Nothing more important than The Arsenal (well I suppose family is, but my two both go with me, so they're caught up in it anyway!!). Suffice to say, we (the true fans) are Arsenal. Not wonga, not ozil, etc, so let's keep debating and supporting and one day well get our club back and we saw it through.
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:27 am

Probs my happiest moment as a Gooner:

So...

Wenger when he arrived:

Wenger today?

:arse fan: :goal1:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Andrew » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Will always be the best Arsenal manager ever.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:00 am

ArseFighter wrote:Will always be the best Arsenal manager ever.

Really?
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby diesel » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 am

ArseFighter wrote:Will always be the best Arsenal manager ever.

?? not disputing he was revolutionary in '96 with diets, nutrition, knowledge of french network etc, etc but the best managers and leaders are adaptable and therefore know when change is required. Wenger has not been adaptable when a fresh challenge came in (e.g. Chavski and City, etc). He could possibly be classed as best ever Arsenal manager even though Chapman, Mee and Graham changed our history, but if he truly is to be regarded as great for the club he should have since what was required - at least once the financial shackles came off - and addressed it.
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:48 am

I don't see what bearing Wenger being our best ever manager has on anything.

His first 10 years were brilliant, but at this point he's been obsolete for nearly as long.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk