Flamini to be the next one out?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Flamini to be the next one out?

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Courtesy The Telegraph

Mathieu Flamini, who has started 17 of Arsenal's 51 games so far this season, has admitted a lack of first-team opportunities could force him to leave the club.

The defensive midfielder was recruited from Marseille in 2004 but has failed to secure a regular place in the club's starting XI.

With the 23-year-old now in competition with a clutch of young midfield talent being brought through by manager Arsene Wenger, including Cesc Fabregas, Abou Diaby and Denilson, Flamini says he could be approaching the end of his time at the Emirates Stadium.

"The next three years will be important for me," he said. "I want to play, to go to the next level. The Arsenal team is young, it has quality, but I am not playing as much at the moment. It isn't easy to live like this and I am in a situation where all players ask themselves questions.

advertisement"I have just spent three years at Arsenal and my lawyer has told me that I could leave in June. For that, I must pay the final year's salary to the club."

Flamini's stock rose when he was drafted into the France squad for February's friendly against Argentina. He has hardly been selected by Arsenal since then, however.

His versatility came to Arsenal's rescue last season when he played at left-back in the absence of the injured Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy. Flamini proved a key player in the team's Champions League run but lost his place to Cole for the final in Paris.

Flamini has now set his sights on European glory, at Arsenal or elsewhere. "I want to continue to work, to progress," he said. "I want to score more goals, make more passes and win the Champions League"

I'll be sorry to see Flamini leave, but he's not dull & can see that with the emergence of Diaby & Dennilson he is more likely to be 3rd choice in midfield, although he did a good job at left back in Gael & cashleys absense last season, but he will only realistlicly be used for cover, & hasnt really been 1st choice since Cesc was 1st brought into team when there was a bit of rotation between the two in the earlier days of their Arsenal careers.
The best move for both Flamini & Arsenal would be to allow him to move on.

He has been a great servant to us, never complained & given it his best whenever he has been called upon.
Wherever his future lays i wish him all the best.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:59 pm

I don't blame him to be honest. It's not Arsenal's fault, or anyone elses. It just happens. I wouldn't mind seeing him in our shirt, if he does leave.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby left right left » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:35 am

i will be gutted to see him go!!! i think he has the fight in him what many other arsenal players seam to lack!!!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:07 pm

Good player. Will be a pity if he leaves, I'll miss his manic style!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CLS » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 am

will be a shame to lose him but you can only play eleven players so there will always be good players on the benches,so there will alway be good players that you lose because there not happy with not playing regular
that the way the cookie crumbles
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby pirezfan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:41 pm

I've always viewed Flamy as decent backup and a substitution...well if the lad wants first team football, he ought to seriously join a lower league team, and build his career nicely and steadily from then on :)
once a gooner...ALWAYS A GOONER!!
GO GUNNERS GO!
pirezfan
Patrick Vieira

Postby Fordy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:34 pm

Why not try and loan him out for a season its got to be better than losing him all together
Fordy

Postby CLS » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:35 am

IM SURE LEEDS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM?
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:55 am

i would not argue but i think he might
Fordy

Postby Piston Broke » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:30 am

He's always been a good player for Arsenal always given 100% not really a great player at any one thing but good at a lot of things "Jack of all trades Master of None"
will be sorry to see him go a great squad player
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fordy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 pm

I think he would develop into a good player but he obviously wants to play now it will be a shame to lose him but he still could just be bluffing to try and ge more games.
Fordy

Return to Arsenal Talk