Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Yago » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:48 pm

PairyGrows wrote:Honestly, it's surprising to see the fan base being torn on the Ramsey situation. I, for one, am very encouraged by the club's taking a firm stance on the issue and I fully support their decision.

Let's think about this. Ramsey is asking for £200,000 per week. He's about to turn 28. It'a unlikely he has lots of unused potential at this stage of his career. Furthermore, our budget doesn't allow for too much wiggle room. We simply can't afford to pay Ramsey what he's asking - he's not worth it.

All in all, I'm happy with the way Arsenal are handling Ramsey. If he wants the big money, he can go out and ask for it. In life you get what you deserve.

I disagree with most everything you said in this post, but the last sentence takes the cake.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 pm

He would comfortably clear £200k pw in China so if its a big final payday he is after he could head East.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:09 pm

theHotHead wrote:He would comfortably clear £200k pw in China so if its a big final payday he is after he could head East.

He’ll comfortably clear 200k a week in England.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:10 pm

united are gonna pay luke shaw 160k p/w apparnelty
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm

I wouldn't be worried about playing against him. Just pressure him when he's on the ball in midfield and he'll cough it up or make a mistake. But now that I said that he'll probably torch us.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mel4 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Dynamite wrote:
mel4 wrote:How many other players are overpaid?
I think Ramsey is the last one bar Ozil. I'd say let Ramsey go if it is the last of our overpaid overhyped players in our squad if we can bring in potential gems like Torreira, Guendozi, in addition to a marquee signing.

How is Ramsey overpaid he gets 10k less as Kola or Mkhitaryan ffs.

Mhkytarian, in my opinion is a better player than Ramsey even though his last couple of seasons may suggest otherwise.
Kola, I can understand his wage based on him coming on free.
I have always felt like the likes of Ramsey, Theo, Wilshere, Bendtner have been on stupendous wages for over 7 years. Maybe right now that its nuts in England, it is easy to think that Ramsey isn't overpaid. I still think he is overpaid and not even worth a single dime more than what he is on. :arse flag.gif:

So he should leave like the rest of the lads who have milked us dry over the years and have left too.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Ah Pudpop :clap: A fan of a player can make such an objective post acknowledging both his strengths and his flaws :hail:

Ramsey would be good in Klopp's system imo, we just haven't given him the 4-3-3 he needs to play in (without being a CAM). They play a proper 4-3-3 with flat CM's but different roles so that he wouldn't have to get back all the time, add to that they play on the front foot and high up the pitch. Hoped for years we'd try it, Coq - Caz - Ramsey would've been really good I thought but we never really got to see it.

Anyway, hope the f***er goes at last and also hope Ozil steps up more in big games as can agree with that criticism despite being a huge fan of his. Sanchez was equally as bad in big games on the whole.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby arsenalpan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:13 pm

You don't see any football star who is technically worse than Ramsey. This tells you all.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:36 am

Santi wrote:Ah Pudpop :clap: A fan of a player can make such an objective post acknowledging both his strengths and his flaws :hail:

Ramsey would be good in Klopp's system imo, we just haven't given him the 4-3-3 he needs to play in (without being a CAM). They play a proper 4-3-3 with flat CM's but different roles so that he wouldn't have to get back all the time, add to that they play on the front foot and high up the pitch. Hoped for years we'd try it, Coq - Caz - Ramsey would've been really good I thought but we never really got to see it.

Anyway, hope the f**ker goes at last and also hope Ozil steps up more in big games as can agree with that criticism despite being a huge fan of his. Sanchez was equally as bad in big games on the whole.

Agreed.

I honestly feel that AFC and each player as in Ozil and Ramsey, will be better off in separate teams out of each others way and each others spotlight.

Ramsey is a CM who plays like a 2nd ST or that Lampard role, Ozil is a typical creative hub CAM who is an assist machine but can also run in late and contribute the odd goal.

Both can excel at what they do under the right circumstances but they need to start and they need to play in their role, we have too much money in these players to be switching them to the flanks etc because we want them both on the pitch, we're already doing that with Lacazette and Auba.

Doing that too much unbalances the team, as Torreia has clearly shown, we need the right players, in the right roles, in the right positions.

We either invest in Ramsey or we invest in Ozil and let them flourish, difference is Ozil is signed and committed, Ramsey is not and wants last regime money ............ this isn't even a choice, its been decided.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Ramsey is a CM who plays like a 2nd ST or that Lampard role, Ozil is a typical creative hub CAM who is an assist machine but can also run in late and contribute the odd goal.

Both can excel at what they do under the right circumstances but they need to start and they need to play in their role, we have too much money in these players to be switching them to the flanks etc because we want them both on the pitch, we're already doing that with Lacazette and Auba.

Doing that too much unbalances the team, as Torreia has clearly shown, we need the right players, in the right roles, in the right positions.

We either invest in Ramsey or we invest in Ozil and let them flourish, difference is Ozil is signed and committed, Ramsey is not and wants last regime money ............ this isn't even a choice, its been decided.

Very good point ... Wonger cast the die on this one, Ozil on a huge contract, Ramsey left out ... it's a shame because watching England tonight showed just how the Arsenal front three should play ...

For Sterling and Rashford read Auba and Lacca ... and for Kane read ???? ... I wold prefer Ramsey over Ozil but that option appears gone .... in Ozil and Mkhi we're not exactly short on quality .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 am

I think the club should hold firm and not let Ozil's deal set a precedent. If he leaves, he'll do so on good terms with the club and the fans, so definitely no hard feelings there.

On the other hand, we are losing too many mids and attacking players too fast. Ox, Cazorla, Wilshire, Coquelin, Walcott and Alexis all within the space of two seasons. Torreira, Guendouzi and Mikytaryan aren't enough to replace them, they aren't even regular starters at this point in the season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby coolaa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 am

arsenalpan wrote:You don't see any football star who is technically worse than Ramsey. This tells you all.

Very well said
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 am

Number wise our central midfield is fine when Ramsey leaves

The wings are a pressing concern
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Sims wrote:Number wise our central midfield is fine when Ramsey leaves

The wings are a pressing concern

not sure... are we collectively EXPECTing his exit...?
Am fine with it... hsi avaregae performance is kinda meh...

No way in gods green should he get a raise... if anything accept lower wages

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ey-arsenal
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Ramsey has not ruled out moving abroad but he did have a straight answer to the question of whether he would be interested in a move to Tottenham: “No.”

Personally I'd like him to stay, he is an attack minded player and takes chances that don't come off for a lot of the time, but when they do....................BOOM! :goal1:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football