Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Dynamite » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am

Rockape wrote:
Yago wrote:
Rockape wrote::clap: Wow, stato heaven! :clap:

What about shirt sales? Any stats for that comparison?

From what I know, most of the shirt sale revenue goes to Puma and not directly to the club. Although those numbers can of course be indicative of a player's marketing value (ie to get higher sponsor deals etc).

Exactly, so has a bearing on their salary’s too.

It's nearly impossible to find exact world wide stats AFAIK cause several companies are involved.
Here are UK only stats for summer 2017 from Sports Direct. Özil on 20th place. Ramsey not making the Top30.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Yago » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 am

Ritchie? Herrera? I dunno, but are you sure about this list?
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Dynamite » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 am

Yago wrote:Ritchie? Herrera? I dunno, but are you sure about this list?

Well, it's what Sports Direct announced for the UK :dontknow: there wasn't much more information just the list.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm

The last few pages lol.

Not seen a member take another to the cleaners the way Pudop has with Schland.

Website needs to be changed to pudopsworld.co.uk immediately.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dynamite » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Pudpop had taken Germany to the cleaners on the last few pages?
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:39 pm

I think what's more telling about Ramsey is that initially Emery seemed to hold him in very high regards, but has changed his mind after 10 or so games.

I would be curious to know what changed his mind and what did he pick up on about Ramsey which he didn't earlier.

If I had to take a guess, I would say lack of discipline and positioning on the field would be one of the key factors.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:40 pm

UFGN wrote:Dude, delete your f***ing account

Some people are full of shit

You're where you go to buy a sewer

I feel physically sick that I spent so much time trying to talk politics with you. The last few pages of this thread put it all in context.

Standard UFGN response when proven to be talking shite .... how many threads have you given up on now after being shown up as a lying c***?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm

:popcorn:
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:46 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Dude, delete your f***ing account

Some people are full of shit

You're where you go to buy a sewer

I feel physically sick that I spent so much time trying to talk politics with you. The last few pages of this thread put it all in context.

Standard UFGN response when proven to be talking shite .... how many threads have you given up on now after being shown up as a lying c***?

FFS you have some serious truth issues

It's embarrassing. I've read your posts back and drawn the same conclusion

We used to have a poster like you. King of nonsense semantic clap trap. Can anyone remind me of the name? About seven years ago. Might have been South African?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Mike Dean wrote:I think what's more telling about Ramsey is that initially Emery seemed to hold him in very high regards, but has changed his mind after 10 or so games.

Away to Newcastle was the last straw for Emery I think.

We look so disjointed that day in the middle because Ramsey was constantly playing out of position. One of his most brain dead performances to date and there's been many of those.

Hasn't completed 90 minutes since I don't think.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Lol he said he was an important player last week
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby arsenalpan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Mike Dean wrote:I think what's more telling about Ramsey is that initially Emery seemed to hold him in very high regards, but has changed his mind after 10 or so games.

I would be curious to know what changed his mind and what did he pick up on about Ramsey which he didn't earlier.

If I had to take a guess, I would say lack of discipline and positioning on the field would be one of the key factors.

I am just wondering when Emery would change the mind on Xhaka.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Lol he said he was an important player last week

So important that he didn't start him and got dropped? :rofll:

Emery is smart. He's playing up to the media so it doesn't cause a problem in the camp.

Ramsey is finished at this club.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:49 pm

arsenalpan wrote:

I am just wondering when Emery would change the mind on Xhaka.

Xhaka is Emery's one indulgence.

His one project player so I can stomach it, at least its in an area of the team that's not detrimental.

The problem with Wenger is his project players would be in pivotal positions like striker.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:34 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading

Apparently we were as good as City and only lacked a leader

Most severe case of Gooner Goggles I've ever seen.

That's probably because you can't read ..... "over the last six years with the exception of last season when frankly City moved a mile ahead we had a squad as good or better than anyone else in the EPL " .... remember before 2017/18 every pundit, player, manager and a whole load of fans had us nailed on as contenders ... now suddenly you're saying that all that time we were rubbish? is that right?

Just to show you that you really are truly clueless .... here are the total points gained over those five years 2012 - 2017

Chelsea - 388
City - 387
Arsenal - 373
Spurs - 361
Utd - 358
Liverpool - 343

OK, I'm going to bite. Firstly, Man U didn't get fewer points than us because they had a worse squad, it was because they under-performed and their managers have been a bit crackers.

Now for the absolute piss taking comment - that Arsenal had the second best squad in the league behind Man City, for the past 5 years, the easiest way to work out if that is true is by asking the question, how many Arsenal players would get in other so-called top teams teams and vice versa. So I will list all of the main players in the last 5 seasons, the players that had 10 or more league appearances, for the clubs in question:

Arsenal:
Shezza, Diaby, Sagna, Merts, Vermaelen, Kos, Rosicky, Arteta, Podolski, Wilshere, A Santos, Giroud, Walcott, Oxo, Ramsey, Monreal, Cazorla, Coquelin, Arshavin, Mannone, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Gibbs, Ozil, Flamini, Fabianski, Sanogo, Bendtner, Gnabry, Sanchez, Chambers, Welbeck, Bellerin, Gabriel, J Campbell, Cech, Xhaka. (37 players)

Man U:
De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Valencia, Rooney, Giggs, Smalling, Vidic, Carrick, Young, Welbeck, RVP, Cleverly, Kagawa, Mata, Fellaini, Januzaj, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria, Falcao, Blind, Herrera, McNair, Depay, Martial, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Lingard, Darmian, Rashford, Bailly, Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhi. (38 players)

Chelsea:
Torres, Mata, Oscar, Cech, Ramires, Hazard, Ivanovic, Luiz, A Cole, Lampard, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Moses, Mikel, Bertrand, Terry, Ba, Schurrle, Willian, Eto'o, Matic, Salah, Fabregas, Courtois, Costa, Begovic, Zouma, B Rahman, Pedro, Alonso, Kante, (31 players)

Liverpool:
G Johnson, J Enrique, Agger, Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Sturridge, Downing, Lucas, Carragher, J Allen, Reina, Borini, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Skrtel, A Wisdom, K Toure, M Sakho, A Cissokho, Mignolet, Flanagan, Lovren, Moreno, J Manquillo, Lallana, Can, Balotelli, Markovic, Clyne, Milner, Benteke, Firmino, Ibe, Karius, Wijnaldum, Klavan, Mane, Origi, Matip (42 players)

Spurs:
Walker, Vertonghen, Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Lloris, Dembele, Adebayor, Caulker, Sandro, Siggurdsson, Parker, Naughton, Gallas, Freidel, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Rose, Kaboul, Chiriches, Paulinho, Soldado, Holtby, Capoue, A Townsend, Dawson, Chadli, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Fazio, Dier, Mason, Lamela, Kane, Alderweireld, Son, Alli, B Davies, Wanyama (39 players)

Now, thats your lot. What we need to do next is identify how many from each list would strengthen squads. To remove arguments if a players was at any time considered a top player and they move clubs they must still be counted as top players or good enough to strengthen any squad. Average players are NOT to be counted. So with that said, my numbers (subjective I know) look like this:

Arsenal
Top players - 8. Squad players - 11

Man U
Top players - 15. Squad players - 11

Chelsea
Top players - 17. Squad players - 5

Liverpool
Top players - 11. Squad players - 4

Spurs
Top players - 9. Squad players - 5

My numbers show Arsenal were nowhere near having the next best squad after Man City !!
Last edited by theHotHead on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football