Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 am

Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:Yup. Wenger failed to maintain a balance of grace and grit. He opted for an idealism and took it to the extreme, which cost us dearly.

Absolutely right! The core of steel he inherited were replaced slowly with lightweights ( mentally and physically). Sometimes you need to win the physical battle to have the chance to win the football battle.

He inherited steel and grit then created the invincibles with practically a new squad so that doesn't ring true to me.

Truth of the matter is, the soft narrative was established and then it became fine to kick shit out of us because we were the opposite of the GHEL mentality.

The 50th game was a display of corruption in football within these shores. They kicked lumps out of us for the whole game and won by the faintest of touches to Rooney who fell down in the area and got his penalty.

We've seen ljungberg pulled down by Rio when clean through, no red card.

Some kid destroy jacks ankle with a ridiculousoly late tackle and not get a second yellow, let alone being sent off for that challenge.

Battle of old Trafford when van nistelrooy missed that penalty. Half our team suspended while they got 1 or 2 suspensions. Watch that game and van nistelrooy stamping on keowns foot or Neville punching someone in the face in a 22 man brawl.

Diabys career destroyed

Eduardos career in england finished

Ramsey missed 2 years of his career

Reyes absolutely kicked to f**k out of the league by multiple teams

As soon as we reacted, we got suspended. Anyone else goes overboard on us and it was all "they're just soft. They've got no control".

Rooney elbowing people blatantly but no ban.

Shearer kicking a man in the head before the euros, no ban.

4-4 Newcastle at least 1 phantom penalty against us. Diaby sent off after a Joey Barton assault. Kevin Nolan patted on the back by Phil Dowd after he headlocked szczesny and threw him to the ground after the 2nd goal.

Roy Keane literally writing in his book about wanting to end careers, and he's celebrated.

Scholes routinely destroying people with reckless tackles while commentators chuckle because it was a meme.

f**k the FA and all the Pussyholes that couldn't beat us squarely so resorted to kicking shit out of us to gain an advantage and all the refs that facilitated it.

A lot of people still can't admit it, but we were blatantly targeted becuase our football was too dominant in an era where man u were supposed to be unrivalled. They just couldn't stand a foreign manager and foreign players destroying their man u GHEL narrative and nothing else that's said can change those facts.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 am

Zedie you missed the point. As Rockape says, Wenger slowly replaced the grit and steel with lightweights. What he inherited he augmented with flair in a near perfect blend, it morphed into the Invincibles which at that time had steel and grit.

Then came the CL loss to Barca and begun his mission to turn us into Barcelona, he saw them as the blueprint, small technical players. This led to the decline in the steel and grit of the team. We even changed formation to match them
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 am

Post Adams there was some weakness even when we had the invincibles, the 03 bottle job, the 04 CL bottlejob.

Paddy said wengers biggest strength giving players freedom and not being strict with them could could be his biggest weakness at times
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Zedie wrote:
Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:Yup. Wenger failed to maintain a balance of grace and grit. He opted for an idealism and took it to the extreme, which cost us dearly.

Absolutely right! The core of steel he inherited were replaced slowly with lightweights ( mentally and physically). Sometimes you need to win the physical battle to have the chance to win the football battle.

He inherited steel and grit then created the invincibles with practically a new squad so that doesn't ring true to me.

Truth of the matter is, the soft narrative was established and then it became fine to kick shit out of us because we were the opposite of the GHEL mentality.

The 50th game was a display of corruption in football within these shores. They kicked lumps out of us for the whole game and won by the faintest of touches to Rooney who fell down in the area and got his penalty.

We've seen ljungberg pulled down by Rio when clean through, no red card.

Some kid destroy jacks ankle with a ridiculousoly late tackle and not get a second yellow, let alone being sent off for that challenge.

Battle of old Trafford when van nistelrooy missed that penalty. Half our team suspended while they got 1 or 2 suspensions. Watch that game and van nistelrooy stamping on keowns foot or Neville punching someone in the face in a 22 man brawl.

Diabys career destroyed

Eduardos career in england finished

Ramsey missed 2 years of his career

Reyes absolutely kicked to f**k out of the league by multiple teams

As soon as we reacted, we got suspended. Anyone else goes overboard on us and it was all "they're just soft. They've got no control".

Rooney elbowing people blatantly but no ban.

Shearer kicking a man in the head before the euros, no ban.

4-4 Newcastle at least 1 phantom penalty against us. Diaby sent off after a Joey Barton assault. Kevin Nolan patted on the back by Phil Dowd after he headlocked szczesny and threw him to the ground after the 2nd goal.

Roy Keane literally writing in his book about wanting to end careers, and he's celebrated.

Scholes routinely destroying people with reckless tackles while commentators chuckle because it was a meme.

f**k the FA and all the Pussyholes that couldn't beat us squarely so resorted to kicking shit out of us to gain an advantage and all the refs that facilitated it.

A lot of people still can't admit it, but we were blatantly targeted becuase our football was too dominant in an era where man u were supposed to be unrivalled. They just couldn't stand a foreign manager and foreign players destroying their man u GHEL narrative and nothing else that's said can change those facts.

Good post, I watched that game where the fat granny shagger went down for the pen. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:11 pm

Newcastle v arsenal

They kick us. Shearer elbows. Awful challenges.

Gilberto sent off for us

We lost.

That's the game I gave up on refs
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:54 pm

that defos post of the year material there, Zed.
"f**k the FA and all the Pussyholes that couldn't beat us squarely so resorted to kicking shit out of us to gain an advantage and all the refs that facilitated it.

A lot of people still can't admit it, but we were blatantly targeted becuase our football was too dominant in an era where man u were supposed to be unrivalled. They just couldn't stand a foreign manager and foreign players destroying their man u GHEL narrative
"

that's a damned CRSCENDO CODA!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:57 pm

It all went downhill when Fabregas replaced Vieira imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm sorry but I can't take any claims of bias against Arsenal, be it the medias, league or refs seriously. You can take every single incidents where we got the short end of the stick and try to draw conclusions out of it but to me, it all boils down to: You win some, you lose some. And to some extent, I feel it's a poor try to explain our shortcomings. I'll say however it was a painful (so many bad memories) AND compelling read! So props for that!
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:32 pm

Real Madrid could make a surprise move for Arsenal's Wales international midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 27, in January. (Sunday Mirror)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:15 am

Mess wrote:I'm sorry but I can't take any claims of bias against Arsenal, be it the medias, league or refs seriously. You can take every single incidents where we got the short end of the stick and try to draw conclusions out of it but to me, it all boils down to: You win some, you lose some. And to some extent, I feel it's a poor try to explain our shortcomings. I'll say however it was a painful (so many bad memories) AND compelling read! So props for that!

Exactly
You use it to your advantage as a them v us
United tried to kick us at old Trafford in 02
They couldn't
We were too good
That for me was the high watermark of all time Arsenal
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks for the service, that was a beautiful final gift if that is his last meaningful performance in arsenal shirt.

Idolo :hail:
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Legend
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Changed the game. What a player
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Was fantastic today ......... reconsider the £170k you silly sausage.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Absolute gamechanger

How Micki starts ahead of him I don’t know
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football