Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Goonerz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 am

Nuggets wrote:Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has agreed to join Italian side Juventus in the summer in a deal that will earn him over £400,000 a week....................Juventus must have money to burn paying Hollywood that amount. lol

Agents nowadays are absolutely squeezing ridiculous amounts from clubs; Sanchez £450,000 a week, Ozil £350,000 a week, Ramsey £400,000 a week etc. On top of that Walcott and RVP used the same tactic. These Arsenal boys have done well for themselves. Same tactic, run down your contract and then go for the jugular.
Lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 am

CynicalGooner wrote:As far as I see it, this situation isn't much different to the Ashley Cole one all those years ago. Yet fans the world over are wishing him well and saying he did the right thing etc etc.

I'm not saying that we should turn against him or anything, it's just interesting how times change and how the perception of something can change the narrative

I've never really understood the anger from fans when a player leaves, most of the time its just idiocy and total double standards. Would the same people accusing the players of this and that stay in the same job for the rest of their lives?? Hogwash.

Most of the Arsenal players that left under Wenger have been crucified (the decent players, nobody cares about the shit ones). Vieira, Henry, Hleb, Fabregas etc. Some fans are just straight up idiots.

I understand the furore over Cole, Sagna, RVP, Sanchez and Nasri because they went to a direct rival in our league, thats cold. But I don't hate any of them, they wanted to stay in England and they were top players so their options were limited. They didn't do it as a f**k you to Arsenal. Hell, Wenger sold RVP to Man U, he didn't have to!

The players that went abroad and were still crucified did it to further their careers. Vieira needed a new challenge, Henry wanted to win the CL and Hleb just wanted to win something.

Fabregas came to us as a 16 year old and wanted to go back home in his 20s and was slaughtered because of it by absolute muppets.

This tapping up position is nonsense too, Arsenal have done exactly the same, its a non-argument that is laced with hypocrisy.
Last edited by theHotHead on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 am

CynicalGooner wrote:As far as I see it, this situation isn't much different to the Ashley Cole one all those years ago. Yet fans the world over are wishing him well and saying he did the right thing etc etc.

I'm not saying that we should turn against him or anything, it's just interesting how times change and how the perception of something can change the narrative

Juve =/= Chelsea

Biggest difference for me.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:38 am

Ramsey's salary is interesting, mind boggling at first but when you dig deeper it kinda makes sense. No signing on fee. Its equivalent to £80m over 4 years. Lets assume Ramsey is worth £35m, its like a £216k per week contract, perfectly normal, I think everyone can agree.

So perhaps now everyone that throws Ozil's £350k per week into every single Ozil discussion can shut the f**k up now ???? :dontknow:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 am

theHotHead wrote:

I've never really understood the anger from fans when a player leaves, most of the time its just idiocy and total double standards. Would the same people accusing the players of this and that stay in the same job for the rest of their lives?? Hogwash.

Most of the Arsenal players that left under Wenger have been crucified (the decent players, nobody cares about the shit ones). Vieira, Henry, Hleb, Fabregas etc. Some fans are just straight up idiots.

I understand the furore over Cole, Sagna, RVP, Sanchez and Nasri because they went to a direct rival in our league, thats cold. But I don't hate any of them, they wanted to stay in England and they were top players so their options were limited. They didn't do it as a f**k you to Arsenal. Hell, Wenger sold RVP to Man U, he didn't have to!

The players that went abroad and were still crucified did it to further their careers. Vieira needed a new challenge, Henry wanted to win the CL and Hleb just wanted to win something.

Fabregas came to us as a 16 year old and wanted to go back home in his 20s and was slaughtered because of it by absolute muppets.

This tapping up position is nonsense too, Arsenal have done exactly the same, its a non-argument that is laced with hypocrisy.

If I had thousands of fans cheering me in my security job every week, I'd think twice about leaving for another job especially a direct rival tbh

Ah the cesc wanted to go home bs loool. Football is full of players who don't play for the clubs they supported. I never saw Defoe crying cos he didn't play for arsenal. Carragher should've cried and demanded a move to Everton. I don't see the likes of martial and co pining to go back to France.

Genuinely think you don't have much idea of being a football fan if you can't see why cesc is hated by all true gooners. Nothing wrong with that. Football isn't for everyone.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:39 am

Only begrudge Cole and Cesc for leaving. Would mildly begrudge Henry too but we did well without his diva antics the season he left.

I can understand why van Persie left.

And Nasri has been irrelevant since his goals against Fulham.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 am

Santi wrote:roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofl

if he's actually managed to rob them of that then I've actually found a bit of respect for the boring tossser

Santi....I'll give you your due, you've stuck at it, despite being proven to be utterly clueless!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 am

theHotHead wrote:Ramsey's salary is interesting, mind boggling at first but when you dig deeper it kinda makes sense. No signing on fee. Its equivalent to £80m over 4 years. Lets assume Ramsey is worth £35m, its like a £216k per week contract, perfectly normal, I think everyone can agree.

So perhaps now everyone that throws Ozil's £350k per week into every single Ozil discussion can shut the f**k up now ???? :dontknow:

Ozil is 30 and will get 18m a year until he's 33 when he will then have a minimal resale value .... so Arsenal 54m spent on a player running down his career.

Ramsey is 28 he gets 20m a a year for two years and can then be sold for 40m ... that's 40m on salary with a 40m sale ... so Juventus ZERO spent for a player possibly at the peak of his career ...

Can you spot the difference? your really :dontknow: do you .......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:Ramsey's salary is interesting, mind boggling at first but when you dig deeper it kinda makes sense. No signing on fee. Its equivalent to £80m over 4 years. Lets assume Ramsey is worth £35m, its like a £216k per week contract, perfectly normal, I think everyone can agree.

By your own logic, Ozil isn't worth 350k pw because we already paid £42m for him.

I imagine it you're fine with Mikhytaryans's 200kpw wages, since he was "worth £30m" when we got him?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm

By your own logic, Ozil isn't worth 350k pw because we already paid £42m for him.

He wasn't worth £350k when we paid £42m for him, but once his contract was allowed to run down, to the point that someone else could have picked him up on a freebie, then all of a sudden (as we've seen with Rambo), he is possibly worth that sort of money.

As we know, the Club were under pressure having allowed Sanchez to leave, so probably agreed with a heavy heart to it. Clearly its all backfired now and if nothing else, its a massive price to pay for learning that its hugely important to keep your players under contract, or sell them before they have less than a year to go.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:17 pm

eh, if you justify Ramsey's 400k by the fact that Juve would have spent 50m in purchasing him then the same logic applies to Ozil. The extra 150k in his contract is because we would have had to spend 50m on his replacement if we let him go free.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Pudpop wrote:eh, if you justify Ramsey's 400k by the fact that Juve would have spent 50m in purchasing him then the same logic applies to Ozil. The extra 150k in his contract is because we would have had to spend 50m on his replacement if we let him go free.

And from his point of view, because if he doesn't sign with us he gets an enhanced contract elsewhere in the summer.... because he's out of contract

Bottom line is players can play that card in all future renewal negotiations, leading ultimately to wage inflation on all contracts
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Pudpop wrote:eh, if you justify Ramsey's 400k by the fact that Juve would have spent 50m in purchasing him then the same logic applies to Ozil. The extra 150k in his contract is because we would have had to spend 50m on his replacement if we let him go free.

But you ignore the fact that Ozil at 33 will have zero re-sale value so the entire 72m in salary is lost ... whereas Juve could keep Ramsey for four years and spend 80m or they keep Ramsey for two years spending 40m and then sell him and get their 40m back ...

When we signed Ozil it was good business (just like Ramsey makes sense for Juve) but when we gave a 29 year old a four year 72m contract? that was utter madness ... our only hope is China in the summer but I doubt even they are that gullible, and would he go anyway?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Ramsey > Ozil

Bigger club legend when it's all said and done.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby BS221B » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Developed by Wenger™

And now the second most earner on one of the best three teams in the world.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football