Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Redix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:58 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
Angelito wrote:Think Spurs might be interested in Ramsey. No transfer fees. A pretty big name in the PL. A good player. They can afford to give him a huge signing fee and adjust his wages accordingly.

For Ramsey, he doesn't have to move. He will be one of their star players.

Makes sense for both parties.

I agree. Plus the added incentives are there in abundance for both parties. Ramsey gets to go down in North London history along with the chance of making his part in that goal and the resulting shrug a truly iconic moment.

If he were to score for them as he had for us he would practically be elevated to the status of a demi-god. And without doubt he will be busting a gut to make us look stupid for letting him go and especially to our biggest rivals.

Levy would love it too given he'd be a freebie (no, I'm not being anti-Semitic) and view it as a bit of an equaliser for the Sol Campbell own goal.

It would be the most intriguing of all the possible transfer destinations, so yeah, I wouldn't mind.

Ramsey's a terrible player, but he's not THAT bad
Redix
Patrick Vieira

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Hope he doesn't go there. Supporting Tottenham will be tough
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 am

I think Ramsey is overly criticized on here by many.

I've always liked his attitude - not many human beings would come back from TWO leg breaks to score winning goals in FA Cup Finals and potential goals of the season.

And yet, he is hammered here time and again.

Be careful what you wish for.

He's FAR better than many on here make out, but it is unpopular to say that. I'd have kept Ramsey tbh.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 am

Hahahahaha

Is that why we’re playing far better since he’s been dropped?

Be careful what you wish for you know. Lol.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 am

greengoonerie wrote:I think Ramsey is overly criticized on here by many.

I've always liked his attitude - not many human beings would come back from TWO leg breaks to score winning goals in FA Cup Finals and potential goals of the season.

He's FAR better than many on here make out, but it is unpopular to say that. I'd have kept Ramsey tbh.

Nonsense ! Ramsey is average, he has good moments and bad moments. Yes he scored a couple of Cup final goals but don't pretend the guy was Messi, right place, right time for those goals. If he was so good for Arsenal he wouldn't polarise opinion, he has not proved himself apart from an 18 month golden spell.

I like Ramsey, I have no axe to grind, I see his limitations and his advantages, for me its totally "meh" whether he stays or goes, I think he would be better suited to continental football personally. And if its a choice between keeping him and compromising Ozil, well, its no choice, Ramsey has to go.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am

Rumours again today about him going to Milan.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerGetYA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 am

Phil71 wrote:Rumours again today about him going to Milan.

Makes sense especially if Wenger ends up there
A new hope
GoonerGetYA
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Dynamite » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:53 am

Sport1 reports that Bayern is heavily interested too.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Phil71 wrote:Rumours again today about him going to Milan.

The lengths Ramsey is going to, to chase that Wenger buffered pay rise lol.

If the feathered nest won't come to Ramsey, Ramsey will come to the feathered nest ......... even if it's in Italy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Redix » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Club 170k

Ramsey's agent: We can get more from Liverpool

Club We don't want you

Ramsey's agent: Milan might want him

LOL
Redix
Patrick Vieira

Postby Mess » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:I think Ramsey is overly criticized on here by many.

Nonsense ! Ramsey is average, he has good moments and bad moments. Yes he scored a couple of Cup final goals but don't pretend the guy was Messi, right place, right time for those goals. If he was so good for Arsenal he wouldn't polarise opinion, he has not proved himself apart from an 18 month golden spell.

I like Ramsey, I have no axe to grind, I see his limitations and his advantages, for me its totally "meh" whether he stays or goes, I think he would be better suited to continental football personally. And if its a choice between keeping him and compromising Ozil, well, its no choice, Ramsey has to go.

When I read "be careful what you wish for", I stop reading because it makes me think about those "perma-Wenger in" people who warned us to be careful about what we wish....only to see Emery come in and change Arsenal's form and attitude for the better.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Mess wrote:When I read "be careful what you wish for", I stop reading because it makes me think about those "perma-Wenger in" people who warned us to be careful about what we wish....only to see Emery come in and change Arsenal's form and attitude for the better.

Be careful what you wish for suggests Ramsey has been some bastion of top level performance. He hasn't, he has been sometime-ish.

When you have 5 or more sometime-ish players playing at the same time it explains why Arsenal were brilliant one minute and absolutely shite the next under Wenger
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Redix » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Emery has the same points from the same fixtures as Arsene did last season
Redix
Patrick Vieira

Postby Mess » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Mess wrote:When I read "be careful what you wish for", I stop reading because it makes me think about those "perma-Wenger in" people who warned us to be careful about what we wish....only to see Emery come in and change Arsenal's form and attitude for the better.

Be careful what you wish for suggests Ramsey has been some bastion of top level performance. He hasn't, he has been sometime-ish.

When you have 5 or more sometime-ish players playing at the same time it explains why Arsenal were brilliant one minute and absolutely shite the next under Wenger

I agree! And let me be clear, contrary to some fans, I don't think he's a "shit player with no skills who can't contribute in a positive way for any teams in the world". But as you're saying, for me, he's hit or miss and I don't feel he fits in Emery's system. Even Wenger had a hard time figuring out his best position. He's too gung ho for my liking. I'm not even sure which team will give him the freedom he craves to runs everywhere like a mad man and play as CF although he's a mid. He doesn't possess any skills of supreme quality but he's got a great engine. We can surely find a replacement for him. I do wish him well. He did some good stuff for Arsenal.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:37 pm

To be honest, having a good attitude doesn't matter to me in the slightest if you don't put in the performances. Ramsey's performances as a whole don't warrant the wages he's reportedly asking, and I'm glad the club have taken a strong stance on the issue.

I'm not too concerned by the possibility of Ramsey elevating his level at another club. Firstly, the chances of it look slim (he's 28 soon). Secondly, even if he can do it, I'm not too fussed. All we can affect is our performances, and thus we should focus on ourselves, not on ex-players.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football