Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Ridiculous to throw 25m away like that, Ivan was an absolute turd

I'm inclined to think that the vast majority of football fans have failed to grasp or fully appreciate that the footballing landscape changed some 30 years ago.

Yes, for the majority of people in this country, £1million would be a fantastic amount of money to have in a lifetime and why you see discarded scratch cards everywhere and people scratching away at them as soon as they leave the shop in a fashion akin to having scabies.

However, the reality of the football world is that the likes of Ronaldo and Messi can make more than that in a week, Sanchez the same in a fortnight whilst emerging players who don't even make it into their clubs 1st team can be paid a million a year. Football is now an industry that can have it's lowly workers on the shop floor as millionaire's driving to work in Bentley's and Rolls Royce's.

So whilst I can appreciate that there is some angst at the thought of corporate mismanagement to the tune of being prepared to risk losing £50-60million (Sanchez/Ramsey), put into perspective it really is small beer in the grand scheme of things and able to be easily absorbed if you're a big hitter regularly competing for the league and champions league. Hence why not achieving that for the last 2 years is what did for Wenger, not the empty seats or fan protests, no matter how big the banners were.

Some people with foresight (no I am not including myself in this) saw what was coming when Man Utd (the holders) dropped out of the F.A cup in favour of taking part in some lucrative tour matches instead.

Without a doubt we made way more money from our commercial revenues from one year during our cup winning runs than we got for actually winning the
cup put together.

Put simply, we as football fans are still thinking in millions whilst those owning clubs and running the game think in billions. If you have ever seen the film Brewster's Millions then you should understand the principle.

They might not be so brazen as to erect a statue of Scudamore outside F.A headquarters but he was effectively their Jesus Christ. Is it any wonder we have the infamy of blatter, platini and the Qatar world cup.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Doesn't matter what club he goes to, he'll still be shit.

Hope he scores against us though, in a 4-1 loss cos he couldn't stay in CM.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:43 pm

If true, hope he does well. One of my favorite players, although i can't argue with Emery dropping him.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Apparently he was going to struggle to find a big club :rofll:

Still correct.

He’s going there to warm there bench. Not to play ffs :rofll:

I remember when you said Wilshere was wanted by AC, Juventus and City.

Loooooooool

:rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Still correct.

Loooooooool

Right well...

1. What does Wilshere have to do with this? He left months ago.

2. There was quite clearly legit interest from all three sides. I never said he was going to join any of them. He left for game time and to play for his boyhood club. Fair play to him. Ramsey is going to Bayern to clean Tiago's boots ffs.

Nice to see you back in this thread anyway. Been missing for a while now. Can't imagine why.......
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockape » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:18 pm

I think a few people on here are going to get a big portion of humble pie to eat!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Who said that about Ramsey?

Don't use arguments put forward for Wilshere and transfer them here.

Ox found a big club ............ doesn't mean he didn't end up a bench warmer.

Even if Ramsey does become first team, it changes nothing, we don't want to match his ridiculous demands simple as that, that doesn't mean he's a crap player, it means he's not Kevin DeBruyne.

On top of that we don't really need him, he's not having much of a positive effect when he comes on and that's the truth of it.

Torreia makes a difference, Leno makes a difference, Sokratis makes a difference, Lacazette makes a difference, Ozil makes a difference, Auba makes a difference, hell even Welbeck makes a difference a lot of the time.

Ramsey is among those players who aren't really making a difference, goals? assists? great tackles? ......... not recently.

Ramsey has 4 PL assists to ozils one this season, in I am guessing far less minutes, not saying Ramsey is better, ozil is clearly better but the guy is the only player that hasn't had a fair crack this season but his going so they don't see the point doing it.

But you need to get over it though.

Yes Ramsey has his detractors and he has his fans, but none of that matters because that's not the reason he's leaving.

He's leaving because if the reports are right, he demanded £250k pw and Arsenal said no, so whether he's any good or not isn't the question anymore.

If Lacazette said he wanted £350k pw .......... what could I say to that even though I like Lacazette? tbh I don't even think Ozil should be on 350k pw and I like Ozil, but apparently it was due to the worth of his marketing power in Asia and the Middle East so it was a unique deal plus we were in a really bad position when his contract was up losing Sanchez.

Ramsey doesn't sell shirts like Ozil does globally and he isn't better than Auba or DeBruyne so that's the story, tbh we need to make an example of somebody as well, the days of us offering buffered wages is over.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Ramsey has had an average Arsenal career overall.

He's shown patches of good form, but has flattered to deceive more often than not.

People frequently cite the 2013/14 season as a measure of his abilities, but that was 5 years ago now. At what point do we say that this is an exception to how his Arsenal career has gone generally? He's a hugely inconsistent player. A player that is now more concerned with pirouetting on the ball, trying back heels, fancy flicks and general showboating, rather than genuinely contributing to the team.

I'd actually say that one season, coupled with the 2 cup final winners he's scored, has clouded some people's judgement over how valuable he is to us.

He's a good player on his day - but he is also very indisciplined, lacks focus and his technical ability isn't on the level it should be for a player demanding in excess of £200k p/w.

I have no ill feelings toward him and wish him all the best - but I will not be losing any sleep over his departure.

I was upset when van Persie, Sanchez and Fabregas left us - not just because of the clubs they were signing for - but because I knew the calibre of player we would be losing was monumental. With Ramsey, I do not have this overriding feeling of bleakness that I felt for the aforementioned players.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Rockape wrote:I think a few people on here are going to get a big portion of humble pie to eat!

IKR, hope marsbar and cripps are hungry.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Santi wrote:
Rockape wrote:I think a few people on here are going to get a big portion of humble pie to eat!

IKR, hope marsbar and cripps are hungry.

Hmmmm Marsbar, could do with one of those right now!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Still correct.

Loooooooool

Right well...

2. There was quite clearly legit interest from all three sides. I never said he was going to join any of them. He left for game time and to play for his boyhood club. Fair play to him. Ramsey is going to Bayern to clean Tiago's boots ffs.

Nice to see you back in this thread anyway. Been missing for a while now. Can't imagine why.......

I saw Mars' post about you saying Ramsey will struggle to find a big club (lol) and was reminded of you saying Wilshere was wanted by top clubs.

But yes, I'm sure Jack turned down Juventus and City just to play for his boyhood club...

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Still correct.

Loooooooool

Right well...

I saw Mars' post about you saying Ramsey will struggle to find a big club (lol) and was reminded of you saying Wilshere was wanted by top clubs.

But yes, I'm sure Jack turned down Juventus and City just to play for his boyhood club...

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Who said they even bid for Wilshere? Who said he even turned them down? No one. Only said they were interested which they were. Facts are he turned down a contract here for playing time.

Ramsey is struggling - says it all that the new AC Milan are coming in for him. Not much money available to them with an ageing squad so they are settling for average freebies lol.

Liverpool have already turned him down.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 pm

literally who cares

im glad both of them are gone in all honesty. rambo less so because he is a unique player in terms of skillset but theres no fit but both werent really necessary
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Goonerz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:07 pm

I wish some people were as straightforward when analysing their personal favourite players as they are when analysing / bashing players they don’t rate.

It’s the same people that always seem to go for the throat when analysing player they don’t rate. But when pop into their personal favourite player’s threads, the criteria they use to analyse their favs is completely different to that they use when analysing the players they don’t rate.

People keep bashing Ramsey with impunity. Even mere rumours of him being linked to the likes of Bayern, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, United etc gets some fans angry and offended. You can hear their minds saying “There is no way that Ramsey should ever be linked to these big clubs when our personal favourite players never do. He does not deserve that privilege ”. Lol

I have never rated Ramsey but I will always be grateful for his MOTM performances in 2 FA cup final wins. His his purple patch period of 2013 / 14 was a exciting.

I just wish people were objective and fair in their analysis of all our players and not use one criteria for their favourites and another for those they don’t rate.

Stop the hypocrisy.. smh
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Bayern Munich are confident they will sign Arsenal and Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 27. (Independent)

Good enough for Bayern but not for us
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football