Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Ramsey is not a complete midfielder and Arsenal are right to let him go, says former Gunners player Stewart Robson. (Love Sport Radio)

Stewart Robson lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Yep, spot on from Robson.

More and more are seeing it now.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:52 pm

Ach wrote:
Bayern Munich are confident they will sign Arsenal and Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 27. (Independent)

Good enough for Bayern but not for us

Are you advocating we pay him £250k pw? are Bayern?

Maybe he's good enough for Bayern because he's not bending them over a barrel, tbh I'm getting pretty frustrated with the idiocy on this subject.

Despite the agenda mob's rants on both sides, the question IS NOT is Ramsey good enough, the question is, is Arsenal willing to bow to his £250k demands and the answer is NO!

That is not a fan decision which you guys are squabbling about it is a CLUBS decision and they've taken it, what we're discussing in that light it irrelevant.

Goonerz wrote:I wish some people were as straightforward when analysing their personal favourite players as they are when analysing / bashing players they don’t rate.

It’s the same people that always seem to go for the throat when analysing player they don’t rate. But when pop into their personal favourite player’s threads, the criteria they use to analyse their favs is completely different to that they use when analysing the players they don’t rate.

People keep bashing Ramsey with impunity. Even mere rumours of him being linked to the likes of Bayern, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, United etc gets some fans angry and offended. You can hear their minds saying “There is no way that Ramsey should ever be linked to these big clubs when our personal favourite players never do. He does not deserve that privilege ”. Lol

I have never rated Ramsey but I will always be grateful for his MOTM performances in 2 FA cup final wins. His his purple patch period of 2013 / 14 was a exciting.

I just wish people were objective and fair in their analysis of all our players and not use one criteria for their favourites and another for those they don’t rate.

Stop the hypocrisy.. smh

Completely agree.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 am

Ach wrote:
Ramsey is not a complete midfielder and Arsenal are right to let him go, says former Gunners player Stewart Robson. (Love Sport Radio)

Stewart Robson lol

That's a really weak argument. Who's a "complete midfielder" at Arsenal?? And what does it mean really? Is it someone who can tackle, thread super passes, score goals and keep things ticking? A supreme jack of all trades?

Never been a big Ramsey fan but he does have qualities. He just doesn't fit in Emery' system and I think it would be a mistake to change it to suit Ramsey. In that sense, i'm happy for him to be let go. But saying he's crap, does not contribute to anything and never has is just BS arguments.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 am

Mess wrote:
Ach wrote:

Stewart Robson lol

That's a really weak argument. Who's a "complete midfielder" at Arsenal?? And what does it mean really? Is it someone who can tackle, thread super passes, score goals and keep things ticking? A supreme jack of all trades?

Never been a big Ramsey fan but he does have qualities. He just doesn't fit in Emery' system and I think it would be a mistake to change it to suit Ramsey. In that sense, i'm happy for him to be let go. But saying he's crap, does not contribute to anything and never has is just BS arguments.

Well Ramsey has always been known as a box to box midfielder.

He can't link play. His positioning is absolutely awful. His passing is pretty poor. Those are some of the three main attirubtes you need as a midfielder.

He lacks a hell of a lot of attributes to be the complete box to box midfielder. The only thing he has going for him is his stamina and occasional late runs he makes into the box. Other than that he's a bang average midfielder.

The thing is this has been coming for years. It's not just that he doesn't fit Emery's system, it's because he's simply not good enough. Fact. We have numerous players in our side that don't fit Emery's system but they are performing.

Emery tried him in so many different positions and he was poor.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ag6789 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 am

A super midfielder is basically a master passer who can control the game from midfield, has super foresight and comes up great goals under trying situations. Example Zidane, Socretes, Maradona, Platini, Pirlo, Xabi, even Bastian Schwainsteiger and on and on.
We do not have one right now, the closest we had was Cazorla in recent times and Patrick Viera during the Invincible days.
Ramsey has never been a finished product , being too inconsistent, too error prone, too fragile. He had his moments, occassional brilliance followed by spells of mediocrity. If we cannot have one supremo we can do with several quality players who compensate one another.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 am

If true, not really a bad move. Ramsey could do a lot worse than be a passenger to multiple BuLi titles.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dejan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Apparently he was going to struggle to find a big club :rofll:

Still correct.

He’s going there to warm there bench. Not to play ffs :rofll:

I remember when you said Wilshere was wanted by AC, Juventus and City.

Loooooooool

:rofll:
Loooool

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:15 am

Dejan wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Apparently he was going to struggle to find a big club :rofll:

Still correct.

He’s going there to warm there bench. Not to play ffs :rofll:

I remember when you said Wilshere was wanted by AC, Juventus and City.

Loooooooool

:rofll:
Loooool

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Dear god :rofll:
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Mess wrote:
Ach wrote:

Stewart Robson lol

Well Ramsey has always been known as a box to box midfielder.

He can't link play. His positioning is absolutely awful. His passing is pretty poor. Those are some of the three main attirubtes you need as a midfielder.

He lacks a hell of a lot of attributes to be the complete box to box midfielder. The only thing he has going for him is his stamina and occasional late runs he makes into the box. Other than that he's a bang average midfielder.

The thing is this has been coming for years. It's not just that he doesn't fit Emery's system, it's because he's simply not good enough. Fact. We have numerous players in our side that don't fit Emery's system but they are performing.

Emery tried him in so many different positions and he was poor.

But mate he scored a wonder goal against Galatasaray, easily deserving 200k+ pw!!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:10 pm

To me, the Ramsey situation is pretty easy to resolve. Everyone should ask himself/herself one question: "Would you pay Aaron Ramsey £250,000 per week?"

If the answer is "yes", then you most likely disagree with the club's decision not to negotiate a new deal with Ramsey. If the answer is "no", then you most likely agree with the club's decision not to offer Ramsey a new deal.

That's about as objective as it gets in my opinion.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Goonerz wrote:
I have never rated Ramsey but I will always be grateful for his MOTM performances in 2 FA cup final wins. His his purple patch period of 2013 / 14 was a exciting.

Which two were those?

Ramsey 13/14
Cazorla 14/15
Sanchez 16/17
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Goonerz wrote:

Which two were those?

Ramsey 13/14
Cazorla 14/15
Sanchez 16/17 (should be Mertesacker but google says Sanchez)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm

13-14 he wasn’t even our best player anyway.

Kept shooting from 20-30 yards when he picked the ball up every time trying to play the hero.

Shock it took a piece of brilliance from Giroud to put the ball on a plate for him just like the 15/16 final but if I speak I am in big trouble.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:52 pm

He held us together that season, we collapsed as soon as he got Injured, we was on course to win the title before his injury, luckily he came back to save our season by scoring an FA cup winner and ending our 9 year wait for a trophy in the process.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football