Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Zedie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am

Sims wrote:
Sims wrote:Ramsey confirms he will leave at the end of the season after Arsenal offered him a contract and took back the offer

Says he’s focused for the season and not considering moving in January

To add to this The Telegraph are reporting that the contract being rescinded is due to Emery’s assessment of Ramsey as well as the club’s reluctance to give the payrise he wanted

Wonder if people who lived Rambo will start to turn on Unai

They'll turn, but none of them will consider that emery probably stated he'd rather not have a restriction on new players for the squad if it meant maxing out our wage cap for Rambo.

If Rambo really was asking for 250k that's 2 players on his current salary that can be brought in immediately and not cause a ripple.

One ramsey or 2 potential ballers coming from a lower paying league?

Tough choice as we don't know who that may be, but if it's a top youngish LB and a proper lightening wing forward, I'm ok with it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39 am

A big miss.

Emery first mistake. First big one. Let us hope, the last.

Feel good factor around the club diminishing.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Sims wrote:Ramsey confirms he will leave at the end of the season after Arsenal offered him a contract and took back the offer

I wonder what the reason is?

It's either money, or the three amigos don't fancy him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Angelito wrote:Wouldn't sell him in Jan tbh.

We're in four competitions and we could potentially win one (or two!) of the three Cups in offer.

Squad is God.
This

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Very strong rumor that Ramsey will be allowed to see out his contract (and thus leave on a free) if we're still in the mix come the end of January ... we would lose 25-35m by doing that, but in the schemer of things it might well be worth the gamble ..... if we want him to stay the wages would now have to be astronomic ... he stands to make 25m when he becomes a free agent, that's an extra 100k a week on a five year contract ... add his current salary, plus a salary increase which Utd or Dippers could easily afford, and you're looking at >300k a week ... just can't see that happening when we've already got Ozil on crazy money ....
Last edited by EliteKiller on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Sims wrote:

To add to this The Telegraph are reporting that the contract being rescinded is due to Emery’s assessment of Ramsey as well as the club’s reluctance to give the payrise he wanted

Wonder if people who lived Rambo will start to turn on Unai

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I seem to recollect Ramsey mentioning some time ago that the idea of playing abroad at some point and testing himself somewhere like Spain or Italy was something that did appeal to him, especially since seeing it work for Bale.

If he was in a position where he was now gonna be creaming in £250k p/w then yeah, it might not be such a burning ambition to pursue, but now with Juventus and Milan apparently interested and maybe a Spanish team also and him on a Bosman..it could be a bit of a perfect storm for the lad.

To me, his position in the team to get the best out of what he has to offer would be alongside Torreira. We already have Guendouzi and Xhaka there and where I think AMN should also be deployed from, so I can see how Emery could draw the conclusion that the offer should be rescinded and funds utilised elsewhere.

Ramsey has probably suffered most from our previous non pursuit of that sentinel type defensive midfielder like N'zonzi that would have freed him up to go do his thing and equally benefit from the likes of Ozil and Mkhitaryan feeding his late runs into the box.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Maybe he's already agreed to sign for someone else, and that's why the offer was removed from the table.

Joining Ivan at Milan?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:55 pm

BBC is reporting he doesn't want to leave.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yago » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:BBC is reporting he doesn't want to leave.

In january, to be clear. He'll stay til the end of the year and get a nice bonus from the team he's signing with.

Sanllehi out.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Looool he tried to string the club along and got a big fat L.

f**k off you shit prick
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:55 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Very strong rumor that Ramsey will be allowed to see out his contract (and thus leave on a free) if we're still in the mix come the end of January ... we would lose 25-35m by doing that, but in the schemer of things it might well be worth the gamble ..... if we want him to stay the wages would now have to be astronomic ... he stands to make 25m when he becomes a free agent, that's an extra 100k a week on a five year contract ... add his current salary, plus a salary increase which Utd or Dippers could easily afford, and you're looking at >300k a week ... just can't see that happening when we've already got Ozil on crazy money ....

Mate what do you mean "be allowed to" ??? If he doesn't want to go in January the club cannot force him to go so he will see out his contract and go on a free regardless ! The club have no say on the matter.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:56 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Looool he tried to string the club along and got a big fat L.

f**k off you shit prick

Right ..... the club loses a 50m player, and Ramsey himself pockets a 25m signing on fee .... exactly who's doing well out of that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Looool he tried to string the club along and got a big fat L.

f**k off you shit prick

He and the club agreed a contract and the club withdraw and you suggest it was Ramsey a club legend who stringed the club along, :rofll:

I guess agendas have to be met
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:BBC is reporting he doesn't want to leave.

................ unless we give him £250k.

So committed.

I get it, but its best for all involved if he's not going to be reasonable, we can't have this infecting the whole team.

I mean ffs if he wants 250k what does Laca deserve, or Torriea ........... see the issue?

Sh*t like this can hamper a team for years, we need to draw a line for the good of the club.

Just look at Man City player wages, then you see the ludicrous of our players demands.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Ramsey has done more for us than Laca and Torreira combined lol

However this is all on the club. For years we have been overpaying players. 90-100k a week for Jack ffs for sitting in a hospital bed 75% of the time and then flopping on loan. Now they have been called out on it and they cry like bitches. I can understand Ramseys stance. They overpay for someone shit like Jack why not overpay for a legend like him?

Unfortunately for him Wenger is gone and silly wages are gone. Can only fault Ramsey for bad timing. If he is to leave as is likely he goes then he leaves with my thanks for the goals which won us trophies, thanks for that great season where had he stayed fit we'd have won the title and most importantly thanks for getting injured so we could get Kallstrom as a replacement and have the immortal line from Jackson on here
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football