Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 pm

elber wrote:Puts you off football this sort of crap.

The scale of the money does I agree

They could at least make the tickets cheaper seeing as they hardly seem to need match day revenue nowadays, but no too much to ask it would seem
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 pm

hahahaha
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Scenes when Aaron Ramsey buys Stoke out of administration for £1 and sells off the Britania to developers
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Latest info from Ornstein says that Ramsey rejected a new offer in September, which was the highest amount we were willing to pay him, leading to Arsenal walking away.

Like I said, if you don't think he was tapped up, you're dreaming. Same way Man Utd definitely tapped up Sanchez

But but but Ramsey said ..... "I thought we were close to signing a deal but then Arsenal just stopped the negotiations??".

Smart boy, he know's how fkin thick half our fan base are, well played.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:28 pm

All about the failure two/three years ago to renew his contract ....

400k a week, which is 20m a year, on a 4 year contract is 80m cost to Juventus .... if he'd signed with us on what at the time would have been a massive 150k a week, or 8m a year three years ago, then his transfer would now be worth 32m in salary and a 48m in transfer fees to Arsenal .... the same 80m cost to Juventus but a huge benefit to us.

The incredible failure by Gazidis and Wonger to manage our assets just cost the club 48m on one player .... can we sue them?

Good luck to Aaron, he and his agent have played Arsenal for utter fools ... well done lads
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Rofl yeah blame Wenger for the fact arsenal pulled Ramsey’s offer off the table.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 pm

UFGN wrote:
elber wrote:Puts you off football this sort of crap.

The scale of the money does I agree

They could at least make the tickets cheaper seeing as they hardly seem to need match day revenue nowadays, but no too much to ask it would seem
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am

swipe right wrote:Rofl yeah blame Wenger for the fact arsenal pulled Ramsey’s offer off the table.

When I mentioned thick fans.

Read the article.

But then what's the point, this is just your usual WUM.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 am

swipe right wrote:Rofl yeah blame Wenger for the fact arsenal pulled Ramsey’s offer off the table.

We all get that you don't understand finance (or football!) and it's not about blaming one person it's about the whole management of the club for the last ten years.

Ramsey's offer was pulled because he wanted 400k a week ... bottom line we can't afford to add 20m a year to our salary budget ... by all accounts we offered him 200k a week plus a signing on bonus, I don't know the facts it's paper talk but that seems sensible. However with less than a year left on his contract he knew he could sit it out and get the big bucks come the summer ... just as he has done ... we couldn't leave the offer in place because we wanted to spend the salary elsewhere ... can you follow that?

Try and get past your Wengeritis and understand that Wenger must have played a crucial role in the running down of player contracts, he has admitted as much on more than one occasion ... either that or he was asleep at the wheel ... so which failure was it?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:20 am

EK, its not even worth it.

He know's exactly what he's doing, he's been doing it ever since he re-signed up with a new name, WUM'ing like crazy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 am

What role does the manager play in running down of player contracts? The player and his agent know they don’t need to sign new deals two years before the existing one ends. So they wait. Should the player perform well they will run down the contract and leave at a whopping new salary. That’s what happened with Ramsey. It’s normal.
But the same happened with Sánchez. And before him RVP. And before him Nasri.
But the manager copped the blame for that. And now that same thing is happening again and we are told it’s not the managers fault.
Double standards it seems.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:49 am

The real point is that Juve value Ramsey at 400k per week. The market talks and crushes the argument that Ramsey is not a top player.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:06 am

swipe right wrote:The real point is that Juve value Ramsey at 400k per week. The market talks and crushes the argument that Ramsey is not a top player.

Moronic ... they value him at 80m over a four year contract ... even my 12 year old understands player value ... zero transfer fee 80m in wages ... so 80m

We valued Xhaka at more 35m transfer and a new five year contract worth 50m ... that's 85m .... so are you saying by your logic that Xhaka is better than Ramsey because we value him more?

Ramsey is a top player, he's just about in the second tier for AM's ... nowhere near the very best but still pretty decent ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:39 am

swipe right wrote:What role does the manager play in running down of player contracts? The player and his agent know they don’t need to sign new deals two years before the existing one ends. So they wait. Should the player perform well they will run down the contract and leave at a whopping new salary. That’s what happened with Ramsey. It’s normal.
But the same happened with Sánchez. And before him RVP. And before him Nasri.
But the manager copped the blame for that. And now that same thing is happening again and we are told it’s not the managers fault.
Double standards it seems.

If you're going to be dishonest, at least make it believable.

Madrid
Barcelona
Atletico
Juventus
Inter
Milan
Napoli
Roma
Bayern
PSG
Lyon
Marseille
City
United
Liverpool
Chelsea
fvcking Tottenham...

Nah, it's not normal. Letting top players run down their contracts seems to be endemic only at Arsenal (and Dortmund with Gotze and Lewandowski, but the club has seemingly learned). We're a shit run club. We need to stop waiting until 12-18 months is left on a player's contract to begin extension talks; they need to start with at least 24 months left, and if a player doesn't want to commit, then we have to do what normal clubs do and sell the player instead of being held to ransom.

It's not double standards to tear Wenger down over this and give Emery a pass. One, all those players running down their contracts happened under Wenger's watch. He's the one who claimed it's beneficial to let players enter the final year of their deals. Two, Emery doesn't have the power Wenger did, so he can't tell the board to let a player's contract run down. Three, Ramsey had 12 months left when Emery got here. At that point, Emery and the current setup can't be faulted because it was an untenable situation rolled over from the Wenger years. If Laca, Torreira, Guendouzi, or Bellerin run their contracts down, then you can rightfully talk shit.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Goonerz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:47 am

Never rated Ramsey whatsoever. He is poor bordering on average in my opinion. But that is my opinion, these things are subjective of course.
But i wish Ramsey all the best. He led us to 3 FA CUP wins. Done more for Arsenal than many.

I am just glad all these guys are leaving, had their time to show us that they were serious EPL players but as always inconsistent or average.

Need new blood even if on the cheap as long as they can make a coherent team. Ramsey leaving won’t lose me any sleep.

I don’t know what mental and psychological state that @Marsbar100 is in right now. He is and has been the biggest Ramsey fan on here from day one.

I rated Fabregas so highly when he Engineered a move to Barcelona. Felt like crap but had to move on. lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football