Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:11 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Imagine wanting Ramsey to stay

That in itself is a job for the Xfiles :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:12 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:"SuperjackyWilshere" and that join date.

Oh dear.

Wilshere fanboys are like Scousers: next year is always theirs.
Its afc10. What do you expect

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:22 am

Wilshere is far better than Ramsey
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Mesüt wrote:well in 6 months wenger will have done it, he will have somehow made his love child our best remaining fit player

f***ing unreal

We still have a squad of 22 or something left, Ramsey won't be the best till he's the only fit midfielder left. Xhaka, Wilshere, Elneny all comfortably better than the Welsh fraud

come on now. Stop trolling.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:59 am

Goonerz wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Mesüt wrote:well in 6 months wenger will have done it, he will have somehow made his love child our best remaining fit player

f***ing unreal

We still have a squad of 22 or something left, Ramsey won't be the best till he's the only fit midfielder left. Xhaka, Wilshere, Elneny all comfortably better than the Welsh fraud

I genuinely think we'd get more points playing Wilshere-Xhaka or Wilshere-Elneny than with ever playing Ramsey.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:

f***ing unreal

I genuinely think we'd get more points playing Wilshere-Xhaka or Wilshere-Elneny than with ever playing Ramsey.

I am not a Ramsey fan boy but Elneny and Xhaka being better than him? They all bring absolutely nothing to the team. And i myself don’t rate Ramsey that highly. But no way those 2 donkeys are better than him.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 am

Ramsey hate for being useless aside, am I right in saying that Lacazette's goal drought has come about after Ramsey's injury? No one else to make runs into the box and help play the ball off.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:33 pm

I guess i am one of the very few who rate both Ramsey and Wilshere. Ramsey and Wilshere may both be midfielders but their playing styles and strengths and weaknesses are totally different. Ramsey has a bullet proof engine, makes those well disguised late runs in to the box , is a good tackler, more robust physically and can score goals. He hits a very good balance between attacking prowess and defensive tenacity. the amount of vitriol he gets from some of our fans is totally unwarranted imho. Yes at times he can go forward without looking back if someone is covering him.

Wilshere is a good dribbler, has good close control, a better passer and can run with the ball. His diminutive size is a weakness, also he clatters in to players a bit too much which is one of the reasons why he gets impact injuries.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Ramsey hate for being useless aside, am I right in saying that Lacazette's goal drought has come about after Ramsey's injury? No one else to make runs into the box and help play the ball off.

Yep.

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I guess i am one of the very few who rate both Ramsey and Wilshere. Ramsey and Wilshere may both be midfielders but their playing styles and strengths and weaknesses are totally different. Ramsey has a bullet proof engine, makes those well disguised late runs in to the box , is a good tackler, more robust physically and can score goals. He hits a very good balance between attacking prowess and defensive tenacity. the amount of vitriol he gets from some of our fans is totally unwarranted imho. Yes at times he can go forward without looking back if someone is covering him.

Wilshere is a good dribbler, has good close control, a better passer and can run with the ball. His diminutive size is a weakness, also he clatters in to players a bit too much which is one of the reasons why he gets impact injuries.

This.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 pm

They are both average

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Dejan wrote:They are both average

This!

Both bang average players. I don't think they are better in their respective positions than any of the players in their positions in the from the top 4 teams in the last 3 seasons at the least.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mess » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Ramsey would benefit so much by being coached properly. With slow Xhaka as a midfield partner, there's no way he should be instructed or allowed to bomb forward like he does. He needs to pick his time better. You can't let Xhaka (or Wilshere, or any other midfield player for that matter) isolated. That being said, the team obviously benefit from his runs in the box when it's timed properly. It seems like Arsenal players for the most part are allergic to making runs.

Now, it is true that he's got a great engine but it's an irrelevant point to me since this engince breaks down every season. Then, the whole cycle of Ramsey slowly getting back into match fitness, finding form...only to break down again starts. I don't find he contributes that much to goal scoring either so I wouldn't label him as "someone who scores goal". He sure gets into great position but the output isn't that good or anything special. Why should he have the responsibility of scoring goals and making runs? What about our forwards/wingers?

I see a potentially great players in Ramsey I like him far more than "El-safo" Elneny and Xhaka. I see a great player in him but god damn Wenger (or new coach), will you please define his role once and for all? We've been saying about the likes of Ramsey, Ox and Walcott , after all those years, that we don't know yet what's their best position. It's ridiculous. Watching Liverpool vs City, you could see that both teams had a clear role and clear set of instructions. I fail to see that each time I watch Arsenal play.

Now, regarding Wilshere, I agree 100% with what Arsenal~Fanatic wrote.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 pm

The Ramsey gives us goals with his late runs argument is a bit meh.. He makes lots of runs into the opposition penalty box but hardly ever scores. Once in every 10 games he will get the odd goal. But is that worth it?

I would like to see a 3 man midfield, Wilshere, Ramsey and Xhaka then we can judge better.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:46 pm

51 goals in 315 apps isn't a goal-scoring mid.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby coach8smallball » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Goonerz wrote:The Ramsey gives us goals with his late runs argument is a bit meh.. He makes lots of runs into the opposition penalty box but hardly ever scores. Once in every 10 games he will get the odd goal. But is that worth it?

I would like to see a 3 man midfield, Wilshere, Ramsey and Xhaka then we can judge better.

it would be utter shiiiiiiiiiite! xhaka can't cover ground cuz he runs like he's on sand. ramsey attacks with good runs between lines but has hardly any positional awareness. so a slow arse dcm behind him and a mindless fook in front of him.....wheelchair will end up injured permanently (mentally and physically).
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football