Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby KingChrome » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:43 am

Yago wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:Meh, only shit clubs and mourinho style teams use 2 dms.

Inter Milan who won the treble was a shit club.

This post is just ignorant.

kind of tbh
it also was a mourinho team
I hope no one expects Emery to play like mourinho

Conte played 2 DMs at Chelsea and dominated the league the season before last.

KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby Yago » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 am

KingChrome wrote:
Yago wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:Meh, only shit clubs and mourinho style teams use 2 dms.

Inter Milan who won the treble was a shit club.

This post is just ignorant.

kind of tbh
it also was a mourinho team
I hope no one expects Emery to play like mourinho

Conte played 2 DMs at Chelsea and dominated the league the season before last.

yeah that's a 3-4-3, still something else. My statement was of course about formations with 4 defenders, when you would have 6 players primarily focused on defending.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Kante is not an out and out grafter. There are more strings to his bow. Even Matic is a decent passer and can shoot with aplomb from a distance .For example you cannot go in with 2 Makelele type of DM, that would be totally lop sided.

I have always maintained in this era of football you need to have midfielders who are multidimensional as it provides more variety not just in terms of formation but the way you express the same formation on the pitch.

2 solid central midfielder with good defensive acumen actually provide a better balance to the team than two out and out grafters. When you go with 2 out and out grafters transitioning from defence to attack becomes a challenge. Yes players of quality of Busquets are very hard to get and insanely expensive but players in the similar mold are what i prefer in the middle of the park.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Kante is not an out and out grafter. There are more strings to his bow. Even Matic is a decent passer and can shoot with aplomb from a distance .For example you cannot go in with 2 Makelele type of DM, that would be totally lop sided.

I have always maintained in this era of football you need to have midfielders who are multidimensional as it provides more variety not just in terms of formation but the way you express the same formation on the pitch.

2 solid central midfielder with good defensive acumen actually provide a better balance to the team than two out and out grafters. When you go with 2 out and out grafters transitioning from defence to attack becomes a challenge. Yes players of quality of Busquets are very hard to get and insanely expensive but players in the similar mold are what i prefer in the middle of the park.

Well said.

The game changes, you have to change with it. Now days players have to be more technical in all areas of the pitch. It's harder to get away with only being good at one or two things now.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KingChrome » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:01 pm

I agree but Torriera and Xhaka are both decent passers and both do accurate long shots like Matic, you coudl argue Elneny is also.

N'Zonzi is very good with the ball at his feet and is a decent passer also, and is probably quicker than Xhaka.

But anyways.... on BBC Sport they are suggesting Ramsey is very close to signing a new deal.

Geundozi also looks like hes got a bit of everything.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Rockape wrote:If any of you were in his situation, you’d all be trying to get the best deal you could get. He’s been a great player for us for a long time and doesn’t deserve such criticism. Sure he doesn’t deserve £300k, but the cost of replacing him will work out as at least that.

???

What CM are you thinking to replace Ramsey would demand wages of £300K per week ? To replace Ramsey we would be looking at a player on around £200k per week max, we would never buy a prima donna !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm

he's not asking for 300K, don't be daft
Yago

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Kante is not an out and out grafter. There are more strings to his bow. Even Matic is a decent passer and can shoot with aplomb from a distance .For example you cannot go in with 2 Makelele type of DM, that would be totally lop sided.

I have been saying this forever, I've never been sold on the "defensive/holding" midfielder role, would much prefer 2x traditional CMs that can attack and defend, they can interchange fluidly during games and you don't lose a player to a fixed position.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KingChrome » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:

I have been saying this forever, I've never been sold on the "defensive/holding" midfielder role, would much prefer 2x traditional CMs that can attack and defend, they can interchange fluidly during games and you don't lose a player to a fixed position.

Kante does not attack.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 am

KingChrome wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Kante does not attack.

For probably the best central midfield we've ever had, Gilberto Silva/Emmanuel Petit were defensive /holding midfielders and Patrick Vieira the definitive box-to-box or as you prefer, traditional central midfielder.

If players compliment each other to result in an effective and functional midfield unit, it doesn't matter if they are similar in type or completely different in their skill sets. I've since heard that even MENSA couldn't figure out how the hell Cazorla and Coqelin managed to work. But it did.

Equally, you can have the 2 best traditional central midfielders paired together and it not work, like Gerrard & Lampard.

If you win the ball back on the edge of your penalty box and start a counter attack, were you not part of that attack even if you play no further part? Does that fail the definition of attack? Because what I have seen is Kante not just win the ball some ridiculous ratio of times but carry it forward and distribute it well including the odd one into the box. I agree he's not going to trouble Lampard's goals and assist's record but to say he does not attack..
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 am

Exactly, at the end of the day if you can get a good pairing that works roles are immaterial.

As for Kante not attacking, we are obviously talking abiut different Kantes, the Kante I am talking about bursts through midfield and ends up in advanced positions quite a lot for a holding midfielder. He certainly is no Makelele or Gilberto/Petit, staying in his own half all game.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 am

theHotHead wrote:Exactly, at the end of the day if you can get a good pairing that works roles are immaterial.

As for Kante not attacking, we are obviously talking abiut different Kantes, the Kante I am talking about bursts through midfield and ends up in advanced positions quite a lot for a holding midfielder. He certainly is no Makelele or Gilberto/Petit, staying in his own half all game.

Kante doesn't his goal and assist numbers.
Kante turns over possession in dangerous areas, causing Chelsea an advantage against an unset defence with no time to get into shape.

Kante is the left hook before the knockout.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby KingChrome » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 pm

theHotHead wrote:Exactly, at the end of the day if you can get a good pairing that works roles are immaterial.

Kante does not attack at all, i suppose he shuttles the ball forward after making record breaking tackle numbers if you count forward passes as attacking, but he never gets near the oppositions box and does all of his work in his own half, if anything his best comparison is Makelele.

He is certainly not a box to box midfielder, hes a DM with a stupidly high work rate.

Kante heat map's

KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby Dynamite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Zedie wrote:Kante is the left hook before the knockout.

Good description :lol:
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm

He is back in to full training.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football