Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Rockape » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:39 pm

If any of you were in his situation, you’d all be trying to get the best deal you could get. He’s been a great player for us for a long time and doesn’t deserve such criticism. Sure he doesn’t deserve £300k, but the cost of replacing him will work out as at least that.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KingChrome » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Rockape wrote:If any of you were in his situation, you’d all be trying to get the best deal you could get. He’s been a great player for us for a long time and doesn’t deserve such criticism. Sure he doesn’t deserve £300k, but the cost of replacing him will work out as at least that.

I'd rather flog him for £35m (ish) then take a cheeky punt at N'Zonzi for £20-25m and play our midfield like Emery played his midfield at Sevilla, use the other £10m towards a much needed CB or a winger.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby Yago » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:54 pm

KingChrome wrote:
Rockape wrote:If any of you were in his situation, you’d all be trying to get the best deal you could get. He’s been a great player for us for a long time and doesn’t deserve such criticism. Sure he doesn’t deserve £300k, but the cost of replacing him will work out as at least that.

I'd rather flog him for £35m (ish) then take a cheeky punt at N'Zonzi for £20-25m and play our midfield like Emery played his midfield at Sevilla, use the other £10m towards a much needed CB or a winger.

Why the f**k would we buy that slow dude Nzonzi when we already have 4 dms at the club?
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Zedie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:56 pm

More importantly, which part of a winger are we getting for £10m?

You can choose either foot, but you can only have one of them...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby KingChrome » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Yago wrote:
KingChrome wrote:

Why the f**k would we buy that slow dude Nzonzi when we already have 4 dms at the club?

Well Ramsey is slow also, so no real difference there.

I just think a 2 dm pairing like Chelsea had with Matic and Kante would work with N'Zonzi and Torreira, with Elneny, Xhaka, Guendozi all ready to rotate in both positions.

I don't think we have to have a box to box or playmaker in midfield, i think Torreira could play the box to box role also.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby KingChrome » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Zedie wrote:More importantly, which part of a winger are we getting for £10m?

You can choose either foot, but you can only have one of them...

'use the other £10m towards'

As in add to the funds we sell Wellbeck, Ospina, Perez etc.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby arsenalpan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 pm

KingChrome wrote:
Yago wrote:
KingChrome wrote:

Well Ramsey is slow also, so no real difference there.

I just think a 2 dm pairing like Chelsea had with Matic and Kante would work with N'Zonzi and Torreira, with Elneny, Xhaka, Guendozi all ready to rotate in both positions.

I don't think we have to have a box to box or playmaker in midfield, i think Torreira could play the box to box role also.

This is so true. We have Ozil. The first thing he needs is an efficient striker. Then quick wing attackers. Then solid DMs. B2B is only good when the team can fully control the midfield like Germany national team.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KingChrome » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:25 pm

I think at Sevilla, going off the top of my head, Emery played N'Zonzi and that Polish guy who went to PSG as 2 DMs then Benega in the Ozil role and they were very successful, so no reason that can't work in England.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby arsenalpan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 pm

KingChrome wrote:I think at Sevilla, going off the top of my head, Emery played N'Zonzi and that Polish guy who went to PSG as 2 DMs then Benega in the Ozil role and they were very successful, so no reason that can't work in England.

2 DMs + LAMO is curently the best option based on the players we have.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm

arsenalpan wrote:
KingChrome wrote:I think at Sevilla, going off the top of my head, Emery played N'Zonzi and that Polish guy who went to PSG as 2 DMs then Benega in the Ozil role and they were very successful, so no reason that can't work in England.

Exactly, and N'Zonzi has demonstrated himself as one of the best going.

Just cos he was at Blackburn and Stoke people still think he's wank. He'd be starting for a WC winning team if Kante wasn't superhuman.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 pm

arsenalpan wrote:

I agree.

2 DM's at the base of midfield leaves Ozil and the rest of LMAO to concentrate on doing what they do best.

Mourhino had a similar set up and formation with his Inter Milan Treble winners.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Meh, only shit clubs and mourinho style teams use 2 dms.
Yago

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Yago wrote:Meh, only shit clubs and mourinho style teams use 2 dms.

Inter Milan who won the treble was a shit club.

This post is just ignorant.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:Meh, only shit clubs and mourinho style teams use 2 dms.

Inter Milan who won the treble was a shit club.

This post is just ignorant.

kind of tbh
it also was a mourinho team
I hope no one expects Emery to play like mourinho
Yago

Postby PairyGrows » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 am

If the rumours are true and Ramsey is asking for £250,000 - £300,000 per week, he can leave immediately for all I care.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football