Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Wenger let Ramsey come to his last year on this contract not Emery. So maybe Wenger didn't want him anymore either. You guys are just grasping at straws now.

Thankfully this Ramsey cycle is coming to and end.

Not seen two members look so desperate with this whole ‘he won us two FA cups’ thing. Don’t think they quite understand that without two quality assists From Giroud, Ramsey wouldn’t of had the chances on a plate to score. Or even the build up to both goals before that.

But that sums up the pair tbh.

The sooner he’s gone the better now.

It's ok though, some like Ramsey and don't want him to leave. Nothing wrong with that. I like Ramsey too, he has been a decent player and seems like a good guy. I just don't think he's good enough, some do. No harm no foul really. I just haven't heard a good reasonable logical argument from anyone yet as to why we should pay him what he wants or keep him at all. It was a mistake to let his contract run down, but that imo is Wenger's fault or Gazidis. Not we're going to miss out on the money we could have gotten for him and that is just poor business from Arsenal. However life goes on and we can find better.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Ach wrote:You speak sense.

I wasn't a Ramsey fan back in the day. Seemed nothing special. When he got injured, I didn't think he was all that much of a miss tbh even though I sympathised with the injury and the assault he faced. Even got annoyed when he came back and was still bang average and people kept using the injury as an excuse to defend him.

But ultimately he won me over as he has all Arsenal fans and him leaving is emery first big mistake.

I was the other way round, I thought he was a brilliant 16 year old and I had high hopes for him. Then the leg break happened and I was one of them who would argue his case, that he was a good player and the best was yet to come. I don't know if it was a loss of form/confidence or Wenger playing him out of position or a combination of the 2 but Ramsey was pretty awful for ages. Then he seemed to simplify his game and cut out the flicks and his game began to click and he became the most important player in the team for 18 months.

Now he has reintroduced the pointless flicks and tricks his game has slipped back to mediocrity, which is annoying because we all know Ramsey is much better than he is showing us. He needs to simplify his game again.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Only if he comes down from his high horse and agrees to the wages he is suited for. Wherever he goes, he will start from the bench, be it BayernM,AC Milan, or even Everton. He could still be used as a shock jock in our team, especially in Cup ties.
He is an old fashioned withdrawal forward , the use of which is obsolete now.
He cannot find a first year place as a CM or attacking midfielder.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mess » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:34 pm

StLGooner wrote:Wenger let Ramsey come to his last year on this contract not Emery. So maybe Wenger didn't want him anymore either. You guys are just grasping at straws now.

Not seen two members look so desperate with this whole ‘he won us two FA cups’ thing. Don’t think they quite understand that without two quality assists From Giroud, Ramsey wouldn’t of had the chances on a plate to score. Or even the build up to both goals before that.

Regardless of the final pass or the buildup that preceded the goal, he did get in good positions to score those damn 2 goals. Even if you hate the player (which you clearly do), you can't take those 2 FA cups winning goals from him, as hard as you try. As I said before, i'm in the camp of those who want to see a change and want him out but trying to discredit anything good he did with Arsenal is well, Superjacky level of idiocy.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 pm

You just have to look at our other CMs at the time and wonder who would have scored those goals that Ramsey did.

Those runs in to the box timed perfectly

Cazorla and co would've been waiting outside the area
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Mess wrote:

Regardless of the final pass or the buildup that preceded the goal, he did get in good positions to score those damn 2 goals. Even if you hate the player (which you clearly do), you can't take those 2 FA cups winning goals from him, as hard as you try. As I said before, i'm in the camp of those who want to see a change and want him out but trying to discredit anything good he did with Arsenal is well, Superjacky level of idiocy.

Have you even read the last two pages?

I'm not taking away or discrediting his two goals at all ffs. I've said numerous times I appreciate his two winning goals in both finals. Again, if you actually read back, Marsh and Ach both said that WITHOUT Ramsey we wouldn't of won two FA Cups. I said it was a stupid thing to say because it's like saying without Giroud in those two games then the chances wouldn't of been created. It wasn't solely all Ramsey.

So actually read back before you pipe up again.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Already gave the stats before, Ramsey just got two tap ins at the end of all the hard teamwork from everyone else to get to the final.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:54 pm

The one against Hull was a quality finish FFS, also it's easy to forget the pressure the players was under with the 9 year drought, he stood up in that moment, whatever you think of him downplaying that moment is silly.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:The one against Hull was a quality finish FFS, also it's easy to forget the pressure the players was under with the 9 year drought, he stood up in that moment, whatever you think of him downplaying that moment is silly.

The fact my post wont be answered speaks volumes
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Ach wrote:You just have to look at our other CMs at the time and wonder who would have scored those goals that Ramsey did.

Horrible logic. Nobody is saying that we had better CM's at the time, we're saying we need better than Ramsey. If we had better CM's then, maybe we would have won by 3 or 4 cause our CM's were more influential in the game. You guys are acting like there are no other players out there that can do what Ramsey does.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:The one against Hull was a quality finish FFS, also it's easy to forget the pressure the players was under with the 9 year drought, he stood up in that moment, whatever you think of him downplaying that moment is silly.

Nobody is downplaying the moment, you two are putting it on a pedestal and acting like he's greatest footballer alive because of it. So it's you that are overplaying it. When many numerous players throughout history have done the same thing and even more than Ramsey ever has. It speaks a lot when you guys can only think of two moments to talk about.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:07 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:You just have to look at our other CMs at the time and wonder who would have scored those goals that Ramsey did.

Horrible logic. Nobody is saying that we had better CM's at the time, we're saying we need better than Ramsey. If we had better CM's then, maybe we would have won by 3 or 4 cause our CM's were more influential in the game. You guys are acting like there are no other players out there that can do what Ramsey does.

Okay, what would this 'other player out there that can do what Ramsey does' cost? £30m/ £40m even £50m judging by Pogbas ridiculous price tag. Then you have the wages , say £120k per week for 3 years. (£19m) so based on just £30m that adds up to around £50m for 3 years.

Rambo is asking for £39m for three years. He's probably take less, but it shows that its not a straight forward decision to discard a know assset and potentially buy another Diaby.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm

StLGooner wrote:

Nobody is downplaying the moment, you two are putting it on a pedestal and acting like he's greatest footballer alive because of it. So it's you that are overplaying it. When many numerous players throughout history have done the same thing and even more than Ramsey ever has. It speaks a lot when you guys can only think of two moments to talk about.

:clap:
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Rockape wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Okay, what would this 'other player out there that can do what Ramsey does' cost? £30m/ £40m even £50m judging by Pogbas ridiculous price tag. Then you have the wages , say £120k per week for 3 years. (£19m) so based on just £30m that adds up to around £50m for 3 years.

Rambo is asking for £39m for three years. He's probably take less, but it shows that its not a straight forward decision to discard a know assset and potentially buy another Diaby.

Who cares what he may cost, or even if we can afford it. I haven't heard an argument from you lot yet stating you want to keep him because of cost. Maybe we can't afford better, but then that would be a whole other discussion wouldn't it? Then we're talking about just being a mid table team for life if we can't compete for top players.

Point is, if we want to be contenders in world football, we need more influential players in certain key positions. Ramsey is in a very important position and just isn't good enough. He isn't our only problem though, we have other needs to fill. He isn't even a CM, he's a wanna be CAM, but isn't better than Ozil there, so his place is rightfully on the bench for Arsenal at least. He's more suited for Everton, or Palace.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:23 pm

If we'd had better than Ramsey maybe we would have done better than just the FA Cup

The problem isn't Ramsey during his peak period. The problem is Ramsey now

This whole harking back to the millisecond of a person's career when they were at their very best is bullshit

If you want to do that then go back in time and sign Jimmy Bullard, Bobby Zamora, etc etc. See how far their 18 month purple patch gets you
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football