Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 am

Santi wrote:Terrible game but 2 assists :clap:

Exactly. How anyone can say he was good is a total fabrication if they actually watched the game. He was shite - but he got 2 assists.

And I have absolutely no axe to grind with Ramsey, I actually like him and I do not think he is a shit player AT ALL.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Roycck » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 am

He has been poor for a few games now.

I want the Ramsey that played for Wales.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Dynamite wrote:Did some guys here actually watch the game or just pretend some bs to have an excuse for Özil who seems to be bigger than the club for some here? Heatmaps clearly show that Ramsey was far away from playing at the CAM position.

Ramsey was playing CAM, that is not up for discussion.

It was his official starting position.

Nobody here claimed he started on the no10 spot and didn't move 3 foot from that position all game did we.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:39 am

To me, Ramsey is now in danger of becoming a bit of a conundrum and not one that is particularly difficult to solve, but in doing so the impact on the team or at least the perception, would be that we are again going backwards and revisiting a failed concept.

It was established a while back that he didn't relish being deployed from the wide right position and preferred being central as a bonafide box to box midfielder.

However, in that the starting position from where he was most effective in being able to break forward, link, score or set up goals is now being occupied by Torreira, Guendouzi and Xhaka with none likely to be omitted in favour of the Welshman, he is currently having to be shoehorned into the team at the expense of Ozil's comfort zone.

This is very clever from our coach in motivating the scrapper in our playmaker-in-chief by giving him a fight he will win and hopefully push on to not only provide a couple of goal scoring chances per game but do it consistently like an industrial conveyor belt as well as weighing in with a few goals himself.

A small number of posters line-ups prior to the game did have Ramsey in his more natural midfield position at the expense of Xhaka and alongside el torrito, so I think others see this as his best position too.

A lot of the complaints about him playing CAM is that he was ending up alongside Laccazette as a striker having pushed too far forward too quickly and vacated midfield. But should we really be surprised at that, given he's a player who's almost predetermined to run forward 30-40 metres and we've gone and positioned him what, 30-40 metres from goal?

Unfortunately, until the fettling of our defense is complete and we have a unit worthy of the name along with the collective attack and defend mentality Emery is instilling in the team, Ramsey in place of one of the aforementioned does not strike me as a viable option beyond a substitution to add another goal threat.

If Ramsey had the goal return and consistency of a Lampard, then the issue of keeping him in the team by hook or by crook would not even be an issue.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:08 am

Ramsey's best role is as a box to box midfielder, getting all over the pitch to get the ball. In this role for Wales he is a very good footballer and actually looks like a top player, but the pace of international football is slower than the Premier League.

Ramsey is indeed a conundrum.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:05 pm

The only thing that's bothering me a bit is we've turned into a team where the Deep lying mids effectively control our game, set up all the play, make all the passes forward.

That completely cuts out Ramsey and Ozil.

This is why against West Ham, Ozil looked good when he came deep because he then got time on the ball and could effect the game.

Most times the way we're set up the ball goes straight over the top, if we continue to play the way we are with everything being dictated from deep then we may as well sell Ramsey and Ozil and buy two top line wingers to get on the end of these over the top balls.

Its really frustrating, Xhaka has basically become our prime play maker when it should be Ozil or Ramsey carrying the ball forward.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The only thing that's bothering me a bit is we've turned into a team where the Deep lying mids effectively control our game, set up all the play, make all the passes forward.

This is why against West Ham, Ozil looked good when he came deep because he then got time on the ball and could effect the game.

Most times the way we're set up the ball goes straight over the top, if we continue to play the way we are with everything being dictated from deep then we may as well sell Ramsey and Ozil and buy two top line wingers to get on the end of these over the top balls.

Its really frustrating, Xhaka has basically become our prime play maker when it should be Ozil or Ramsey carrying the ball forward.

I don't necessarily mind this style of play but i was hoping Ramsey would finally get some coaching and be that CM instead of still playing like a striker.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yago » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The only thing that's bothering me a bit is we've turned into a team where the Deep lying mids effectively control our game, set up all the play, make all the passes forward.

I don't necessarily mind this style of play but i was hoping Ramsey would finally get some coaching and be that CM instead of still playing like a striker.

well he's being played as an AM right now and Lacazette comes so deep that at times he (and Aubameyang/Ozil) are the most advanced players.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

I think the problem is our passing patterns in midfield do not suit us. We need to move the ball quicker but Xhaka plods around, Ramsey is nowhere to be seen, but Torrerira seems capable of passing the ball quickly as does Elneny. Ozil was effective with Alonso and Modric behind him at Real so I don't think thats the problem.

Ozil is less effective when he has 2 banks of 4 to try to thread balls through, he is better with a bit of space so he can play his balls into spaces the forwards run into. I think David Silva is far better a creative midfielder in the scenario when faced with 2 banks of 4 to breakdown.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Yago wrote:
Jedi wrote:

well he's being played as an AM right now and Lacazette comes so deep that at times he (and Aubameyang/Ozil) are the most advanced players.

Lol not true at all. This is from Sunday.

One idiot ruining out structure here and that's Ramsey. Ozil has the license to drift inside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 am

What does the image above tell us ? I don't understand it. Is it saying Ramsey was often further forward than our strikers, Lacazette and Aubameyang ???? :shock:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Yes, but also shows he was hardly even involved hence the small circle.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:51 pm

What do the arrows mean? high variance?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 pm

John cross says Rambo will leave in the summer as there is no longer a contract offer on the table

This is a guy who also said Özil will join United
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 pm

f***ing get in!

Big Unai has stepped in and wiped that contract off the table.

£250k lol f**k off. Tata
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football