Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Mess wrote:
Ach wrote:
Ramsey is not a complete midfielder and Arsenal are right to let him go, says former Gunners player Stewart Robson. (Love Sport Radio)

Stewart Robson lol

That's a really weak argument. Who's a "complete midfielder" at Arsenal?? And what does it mean really? Is it someone who can tackle, thread super passes, score goals and keep things ticking? A supreme jack of all trades?

Never been a big Ramsey fan but he does have qualities. He just doesn't fit in Emery' system and I think it would be a mistake to change it to suit Ramsey. In that sense, i'm happy for him to be let go. But saying he's crap, does not contribute to anything and never has is just BS arguments.

I think in this context it means he has holes in his game. Whether his game is box to box, attacking or defensive midfielder, he is not a complete player which is correct. He is far too indisciplined for starters, his decison making is ridiculous at times, preferring to showboat rather than keep it simple, for example.

Torreira, for example is a complete midfielder, for his role he has all of the attributes required
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Have no problem with the flicks and tricks

Scored the Goal of the season cos of it

And also rather someone try something than pass sideways time and time again
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Mess » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Mess wrote:
Ach wrote:
Ramsey is not a complete midfielder and Arsenal are right to let him go, says former Gunners player Stewart Robson. (Love Sport Radio)

Stewart Robson lol

That's a really weak argument. Who's a "complete midfielder" at Arsenal?? And what does it mean really? Is it someone who can tackle, thread super passes, score goals and keep things ticking? A supreme jack of all trades?

Never been a big Ramsey fan but he does have qualities. He just doesn't fit in Emery' system and I think it would be a mistake to change it to suit Ramsey. In that sense, i'm happy for him to be let go. But saying he's crap, does not contribute to anything and never has is just BS arguments.

I think in this context it means he has holes in his game. Whether his game is box to box, attacking or defensive midfielder, he is not a complete player which is correct. He is far too indisciplined for starters, his decison making is ridiculous at times, preferring to showboat rather than keep it simple, for example.

Torreira, for example is a complete midfielder, for his role he has all of the attributes required

I can agree with that!

I don't know when Ramsey became inftuated with trying to score goals before anything else and do "hollywood" stuff but Wenger, as far back as 2014 was telling him to keep it simple and stick to the basics:

http://dailypost.ng/2014/09/27/ramsey-m ... d-scoring/

"Ramsey must focus on the basics” – Wenger warns midfielder not to be obsessed with scoring"
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:10 pm

If Ramsey wasn't going there for free, I wonder if Bayern would still be interested? I betcha they wouldn't pay too much for him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 pm

StLGooner wrote:If Ramsey wasn't going there for free, I wonder if Bayern would still be interested? I betcha they wouldn't pay too much for him.

Course they wouldn't touch him. Clear as day.

It's telling that they are the only real club in for him when everyone knows he's going to leave on a free anyway.

Having a poor game tonight for Wales aswell. No surprise there.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 am

Ach wrote:Have no problem with the flicks and tricks

Law of averages, try something often enough and it is bound to work sooner or later. Does it justify the other 99 times he lost possession trying it though !!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 am

theHotHead wrote:

Law of averages, try something often enough and it is bound to work sooner or later. Does it justify the other 99 times he lost possession trying it though !!

Why didn't you moan about the same topic in all the other player threads with much worse dribbling stats?

PL per 90min stats from Whoscored

Successful dribbles
Iwobi 2.6
Welbeck 1.2
Ramsey 1.1
Özil 1.1
Auba 1.1
Mhky 0.9
Laca 0.7
Bellerin 0.7
Guendouzi 0.7
Torreira 0.6
Holding 0.5
Xhaka 0.3

Unsuccessful dribbles
Welbeck 2.4
Iwobi 2.2
Mhky 2.1
Lichtsteiner 1.1
Auba 0.8
Monreal 0.7
Laca 0.7
Özil 0.7
Kola 0.6
Bellerin 0.5
Ramsey 0.5
Xhaka 0.4

Total difference
Ramsey +0.6
Iwobi +0.4
Özil +0.4
Auba +0.4
Bellerin +0.2
Laca 0.0
Xhaka -0.1
Kola -0.6
Mhky -1.2
Welbeck -1.2

Excluded AMN cause he only played 35min.

"Hollywood Ramsey" yeah seems justified.....
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:47 am

Hahahaha what a f***ing reach that post is :rofll:
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dynamite » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Won't argue about that one just having some fun with the stats above

Wages (without any bonus) to reach one successful dribble per 90min

Özil 750k
Auba 495k
Ramsey 333k (assuming a 200k/week deal)
Ramsey 183k (old contract)
Iwobi 175k
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Iwobi GOAT
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Santi wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
I have never rated Ramsey but I will always be grateful for his MOTM performances in 2 FA cup final wins. His his purple patch period of 2013 / 14 was a exciting.

Which two were those?

Ramsey 13/14
Cazorla 14/15
Sanchez 16/17

The 16/17 final there was nothing between Ramsey, Sanchez, Mertesacker etc.. Not many would have complained if anyone of those players got the MOTM. And if you were to go back and read the Live-Match comments and review comments you will find a similar pattern. Different fans and pundits were giving different players MOTM, it was mostly between Mertesacker, Sanchez, Ramsey and i think Welbeck too. I gave mine to Ramsey for a simple facts that in all 3 finals he was always in the top 2 of the player ratings. He got top ratings for 13/14. Came second in ratings behind Cazorla in 14/15. He was joint top in ratings with Sanchez and Mertesacker in 16/17.

And if you are to checkout most player rating done by different media (Tv, Newspapers, Radio etc) most of them gave Sanchez, Mertesacker and Ramsey similar ratings. In each, if Sanchez got 8/10 then ramsey and Mertesacker were also given 8/10 in the same ratings, if Sanchez was giveb 9/10 then Ramsey, Mertesacker etc would also be given the same ratings in the same Article etc. But you had to choose between them for MOTM, and i think because of Sanchez goal he got it. But it was give and go because they all got similar ratings.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:50 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:13-14 he wasn’t even our best player anyway.

Kept shooting from 20-30 yards when he picked the ball up every time trying to play the hero.

Shock it took a piece of brilliance from Giroud to put the ball on a plate for him just like the 15/16 final but if I speak I am in big trouble.

I have always been a big Wilshere fan but he has never done what Ramsey did in 2013/14 or in the 3 FA cup finals. Ramsey has contributed to Arsenal more than Jack will ever. And i have always rated Wilshere 10x higher than Ramsey.

What I cannot stand is this cringeworthy Fanboyism that our fans are tied into. People seem to lock onto their favourite player and will become indoctrinated/ brainwashed and irrational zombies. They only see good things of that player and will get sensitive, emotional and offended if anyone even dares to criticise that player. There seems to be this lack of rationality, it’s always someone else’s fault as to why my personal fav player plays poorly. It’s always this and that formation that is the problem. It’s this manager and that manager that can’t get the best of of my personal favourites player. It’s the fans and pundits that don’t understand my favourite players style of play. It’s lack of footballing knowledge from those that criticise my favourite player etc. Excuses galore just to defend their personal favourites.

There is no objectivity whatsoever. But then when it comes to analysing a player they themselves don’t rate they go hard and straight for the throat. “He is rubbish, average, Donkey, waste of space, get rid etc”.

The hypocrisy i just can’t stand.

Smh
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Dynamite wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Why didn't you moan about the same topic in all the other player threads with much worse dribbling stats?

PL per 90min stats from Whoscored

Successful dribbles
Iwobi 2.6
Welbeck 1.2
Ramsey 1.1
Özil 1.1
Auba 1.1
Mhky 0.9
Laca 0.7
Bellerin 0.7
Guendouzi 0.7
Torreira 0.6
Holding 0.5
Xhaka 0.3

Unsuccessful dribbles
Welbeck 2.4
Iwobi 2.2
Mhky 2.1
Lichtsteiner 1.1
Auba 0.8
Monreal 0.7
Laca 0.7
Özil 0.7
Kola 0.6
Bellerin 0.5
Ramsey 0.5
Xhaka 0.4

Total difference
Ramsey +0.6
Iwobi +0.4
Özil +0.4
Auba +0.4
Bellerin +0.2
Laca 0.0
Xhaka -0.1
Kola -0.6
Mhky -1.2
Welbeck -1.2

Excluded AMN cause he only played 35min.

"Hollywood Ramsey" yeah seems justified.....

Title of most pointless post of 2018 goes to Dynamite.

Congrats dude.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Goonerz wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:13-14 he wasn’t even our best player anyway.

Kept shooting from 20-30 yards when he picked the ball up every time trying to play the hero.

Shock it took a piece of brilliance from Giroud to put the ball on a plate for him just like the 15/16 final but if I speak I am in big trouble.

I have always been a big Wilshere fan but he has never done what Ramsey did in 2013/14 or in the 3 FA cup finals. Ramsey has contributed to Arsenal more than Jack will ever. And i have always rated Wilshere 10x higher than Ramsey.

What I cannot stand is this cringeworthy Fanboyism that our fans are tied into. People seem to lock onto their favourite player and will become indoctrinated/ brainwashed and irrational zombies. They only see good things of that player and will get sensitive, emotional and offended if anyone even dares to criticise that player. There seems to be this lack of rationality, it’s always someone else’s fault as to why my personal fav player plays poorly. It’s always this and that formation that is the problem. It’s this manager and that manager that can’t get the best of of my personal favourites player. It’s the fans and pundits that don’t understand my favourite players style of play. It’s lack of footballing knowledge from those that criticise my favourite player etc. Excuses galore just to defend their personal favourites.

There is no objectivity whatsoever. But then when it comes to analysing a player they themselves don’t rate they go hard and straight for the throat. “He is rubbish, average, Donkey, waste of space, get rid etc”.

The hypocrisy i just can’t stand.

Smh

I have to agree that Ramsey had done far more for Arsenal than Wilshere has, its not even close, its a piss take in fact to compare.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Has anyone said he didn't though? I hate this welsh c*** but can't see how anyone would say Wilshere did more? Even at his best he didn't score or assist as much as Ramsey and didn't get important goals to mark his name against (even if we likely would've won vs Hull and 10 man Chelsea anyway).

Seems a bit of a pointless thing to be going on about, Wilshere was known for his injuries, Ramsey known for his final goals and heel flicks. Both not good enough and finally we're gonna be rid of them.

Can't wait for next season already.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football