Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Angelito wrote:Americans say on a team.

Por ejemplo:

- Since we're on the same team, I thought we should hang out together. (American)
- Since we're in the same team, we should hang out together. (British)

Both are correct.

If we're to consider old English, in is the correct form. A team is a limited space; it's confined. And you are PART of a team.

But Americans have their own idiosyncrasies.

kthanxbye

:hiding:

We just tried to better the things the Brits got wrong the first time, you know like a whole country! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:26 pm

BS221B wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:Developed by Wenger™

And now the second most earner on one of the best three teams in the world.

.............. who Wenger didn't make re-sign an extension 2 years ago meaning we've now lost him on a free.

What an idiot and has put this club under because we can't afford to replace him.

Do you want to go through all the players we lost in this way?

Blame Gazidis, not Wenger. Your obsession with Wenger is funny.

im eagerly waiting for the day where you are going to blame Wenger for your dog peeing on the floor.

Wenger was the manager he decided who we signed.

He used to go and visit players parents ffs, he could of easily demanded Ramsey be re-signed or sold off ........... and he did fk all.

Gazidis did the negotiating but he didn't decide who they re-sign or who they sold, that was ultimately Wenger's decision, minimum it was both, but Gazidis wasn't allowed to sign players Wenger didn't want or sell ones he wanted, so stop talking sh*t.

PS - Jokes on you because I don't have a dog!

Are you serious? We actually made an offer to Ramsey which means that he told Gazidis to resign Ramsey.

Worst WUM ever.

I didn't say he didn't make an offer, I said he let Ramsey run down his contract you buffoon.

If we had sold Ramsey when he refused to sign we'd of got £££ for him rather than the sweet fk all we're getting now, meaning no replacement.

What's wrong with you ffs?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm

The money athletes are earning these days really is obscene.

Ramsey is making more in a month than many people make in their life.

In the NBA you have players who aren't even All Stars on contracts upward of $100m.

Consider just a little over 20 years ago, when Michael Jordan was at his absolute best, he was making $3 million a year.

Jordan jn his prime today would probably make $100m+ a year if you combine salary and the massive endorsement deals he would command.

Part of the reason I've become such a big MMA fan is because their pay scales are far more "normal" for the most part, it's easier to relate to the fighters.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm

theHotHead wrote:Lets assume Ramsey is worth £35m, its like a £216k per week contract, perfectly normal, I think everyone can agree.

So perhaps now everyone that throws Ozil's £350k per week into every single Ozil discussion can shut the f**k up now ???? :dontknow:

Well that's a false equivalence. For starters Ramsey's market value is closer to £55m - but let's split the difference and say £45m. I think everyone can agree that wages of £180k for Ramsey (the same as Lacazette is on, who has roughly the same market value) would have been tolerable. None of this in any way means that £350k p/w for Ozil is excusable, so I don't see the point in bringing it up.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Some wise man said "let those that have eyes - see".

I suggest you don't see it because you don't want to see it, its not a complex argument. Its no different to working out Ozil's market value and then multiplying out what his weekly wage might be to get his total cost. I'm pretty sure it would total nigh on £350k per week and so not seem so absurd.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

theHotHead wrote: I'm pretty sure it would total nigh on £350k per week and so not seem so absurd.

Then you're nuts

If he was 25 and in the form of his life, perhaps he would command a £50m fee and 250k p/w. Max. But he's neither of those things, so just lol
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:[
If I had thousands of fans cheering me in my security job every week, I'd think twice about leaving for another job especially a direct rival tbh

Ah the cesc wanted to go home bs loool. Football is full of players who don't play for the clubs they supported. I never saw Defoe crying cos he didn't play for arsenal. Carragher should've cried and demanded a move to Everton. I don't see the likes of martial and co pining to go back to France.

Genuinely think you don't have much idea of being a football fan if you can't see why cesc is hated by all true gooners. Nothing wrong with that. Football isn't for everyone.

Simple response - everyone is not the same!! You can't say it is an invalid response or feeling, the guy wanted to play for his boyhood club, its not unreasonable. How can you argue its not a valid reason just because someone else feels differently?!!

Then he shouldn't have left in the first place.

And then leave again

The guy is a massive c*** and Wenger is as well for getting the board to accept a lower transfer fee than what they wanted
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Reports in the Evening Standard that Juve are saying Ramsey's salary is closer to £250k per week.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:Reports in the Evening Standard that Juve are saying Ramsey's salary is closer to £250k per week.

That's much more likely but still crazy money. Good for Ramsey.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote: I'm pretty sure it would total nigh on £350k per week and so not seem so absurd.

Then you're nuts

If he was 25 and in the form of his life, perhaps he would command a £50m fee and 250k p/w. Max. But he's neither of those things, so just lol

£350k per week on a 3.5 year contract is £63.7m

Let's give a conservative figure of £25m as a transfer value, that leaves £38.7m for wages. Across 3.5 years that gives a salary of £212k per week.

So again I say, its not absurd at all.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 pm

theHotHead wrote:Reports in the Evening Standard that Juve are saying Ramsey's salary is closer to £250k per week.

Still not as much as Ozil and he was on a free. :rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Do we believe Evening Standard over Ornstein?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 pm

I believe Football-Leaks. Salary data is some of the most closely guarded information out there, and theyre weirdly structured to prevent easy calculations of what the actual cost to the club is.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Then you're nuts

£350k per week on a 3.5 year contract is £63.7m

Let's give a conservative figure of £25m as a transfer value, that leaves £38.7m for wages. Across 3.5 years that gives a salary of £212k per week.

So again I say, its not absurd at all.

What on earth are you talking about? This is literally gibberish and I can't even begin to reply to it properly until you clarify wtf you mean. Ozil worth £25m? Or Ramsey? £212k for who? Because if you're talking about Ozil here; 1. you're under stating his value to suit your agenda and 2. £212k is nowehere near £350k. And why 3.5 years, exactly? Because you didn't want to round up to 4...
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am

Pudpop wrote:You've assumed that Ozil would have had zero resale value 2 years after we signed him but Ramsey will have resale value. You've afforded Juve an extra option without affording the same option to Arsenal.

Once again, your post is just an advertisement for the cognitive dissonance wikipedia page.

I'm not assuming anything, you're living in the past ... we can only talk about now and the future we can't change the feck up's already made.

Ozil is 30 and has another 50m in salary on his contract ... his sales value today is ZERO because nobody will pay even the 50m for his contract ... that's today's reality.

Ramsey is 28 ... he has just signed an 80m 4 year contract, unlike Ozil he might have a sales value as in two years time his contract will be worth 40m yet his value should be at least that if not more (of course depends on how he plays) and if you take Juve's statement yesterday Ramsey's contract is front loaded so the contract value in two years may be as low as 20m, so they could easily sell him at that point.

This is today's reality, why would Ozil have a sales value in two years time? He will be out of contract so his value to us will remain ZERO ... it's not hard to grasp.

Don't use fancy expressions you don't understand, it just makes you look a bit of a dick ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football