Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby themessiah » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:58 am

Tony Adams wrote:I think his issue is Laca's lack of game time. Auba needs someone up front to hold the ball up and lay it off to him. Laca is the only player we have who can do that. Unless Moller develops quickly a back up striker who can hold the ball up should be on our shopping list in the summer.



Should’ve just kept Giroud and signed signed Vardy and a winger back then.
User avatar
themessiah
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:47 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.


Ozil is correctly criticised for his drop in productivity in the last 2 seasons.
That has never been a point of argument.
With Ozil it's simply about him at his worst still creating more chances than any other player in our squad.

Auba, at his worst, is not scoring more goals than others - in fact in terms of goals per 90 he's behind both Lacazette and Nketiah.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:59 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.


Ozil is correctly criticised for his drop in productivity in the last 2 seasons.
That has never been a point of argument.
With Ozil it's simply about him at his worst still creating more chances than any other player in our squad.

Auba, at his worst, is not scoring more goals than others - in fact in terms of goals per 90 he's behind both Lacazette and Nketiah.


That's not a like for like comparison. You're switching metrics. Goals and assists are the bread and butter.

What you're doing is comparing chances created to actual goals. It's like someone trying to argue Auba is still getting more shots than everyone else in the squad despite being one of the lowest goal scorers.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.


Ozil is correctly criticised for his drop in productivity in the last 2 seasons.
That has never been a point of argument.
With Ozil it's simply about him at his worst still creating more chances than any other player in our squad.

Auba, at his worst, is not scoring more goals than others - in fact in terms of goals per 90 he's behind both Lacazette and Nketiah.


That's not a like for like comparison. You're switching metrics. Goals and assists are the bread and butter.

What you're doing is comparing chances created to actual goals. It's like someone trying to argue Auba is still getting more shots than everyone else in the squad despite being one of the lowest goal scorers.


Ozil's job is to create.
Assists are chances that are scored, but a creative midfielder is still doing their job if they create chances that are missed. An assist is always a mix of credit to the creator of the chance and the striker.
Right now we can't create chances and no one in our entire squad creates more than Ozil.
That is the Ozil argument.

For Auba, he's the worst this season of Nketiah, Lacazette and himself in terms of goals per 90.
He's failing badly and others are doing better than him.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.


Ozil is correctly criticised for his drop in productivity in the last 2 seasons.
That has never been a point of argument.
With Ozil it's simply about him at his worst still creating more chances than any other player in our squad.

Auba, at his worst, is not scoring more goals than others - in fact in terms of goals per 90 he's behind both Lacazette and Nketiah.


That's not a like for like comparison. You're switching metrics. Goals and assists are the bread and butter.

What you're doing is comparing chances created to actual goals. It's like someone trying to argue Auba is still getting more shots than everyone else in the squad despite being one of the lowest goal scorers.


Ozil's job is to create.
Assists are chances that are scored, but a creative midfielder is still doing their job if they create chances that are missed. An assist is always a mix of credit to the creator of the chance and the striker.
Right now we can't create chances and no one in our entire squad creates more than Ozil.
That is the Ozil argument.

For Auba, he's the worst this season of Nketiah, Lacazette and himself in terms of goals per 90.
He's failing badly and others are doing better than him.


An attacking midfielder's job is to assist and score, not just create chances but I can't be bothered to get into that again.

I don't think Saka or Pepe had higher chance creation stats than Ozil but both ended up with more assists. I think Pepe and Mkhitaryan were behind Ozil in the chance creation department last season but I haven't seen anyone bring up those stats as a reason why Mkhitaryan should have been kept or Pepe starting more.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.


Ozil is correctly criticised for his drop in productivity in the last 2 seasons.
That has never been a point of argument.
With Ozil it's simply about him at his worst still creating more chances than any other player in our squad.

Auba, at his worst, is not scoring more goals than others - in fact in terms of goals per 90 he's behind both Lacazette and Nketiah.


That's not a like for like comparison. You're switching metrics. Goals and assists are the bread and butter.

What you're doing is comparing chances created to actual goals. It's like someone trying to argue Auba is still getting more shots than everyone else in the squad despite being one of the lowest goal scorers.


Ozil's job is to create.
Assists are chances that are scored, but a creative midfielder is still doing their job if they create chances that are missed. An assist is always a mix of credit to the creator of the chance and the striker.
Right now we can't create chances and no one in our entire squad creates more than Ozil.
That is the Ozil argument.

For Auba, he's the worst this season of Nketiah, Lacazette and himself in terms of goals per 90.
He's failing badly and others are doing better than him.


An attacking midfielder's job is to assist and score, not just create chances but I can't be bothered to get into that again.

I don't think Saka or Pepe had higher chance creation stats than Ozil but both ended up with more assists. I think Pepe and Mkhitaryan were behind Ozil in the chance creation department last season but I haven't seen anyone bring up those stats as a reason why Mkhitaryan should have been kept or Pepe starting more.


We're struggling to create chances, so Ozil, being the best in our sqaud at creating chances, is obviously going to be mentioned.

That said - it has little to do with Auba being terrible this year. He deserves all the criticism he gets for his tepid performances.
It's way past time for him to deliver given his huge salary.
Let's at least agree that we hope he does so on Sunday - would be the perfect time.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:On the plus side, he is topping the chances created table. That still means something, right?


That's just because he has played every game.
Chances created per 90 minutes played is led by Ceballos closely followed by Nketiah.
Auba is 5th.

All of them are less than half of Ozil's worst season.

but but but its a useless stat created to pad out Ozil's usefulness .....


He has a point because I haven't heard anyone talk about Auba creating chances. He's being judged on goals and so he should be.


Correct.
He's not a creator.
It's all about goals for Auba which is why he is being criticised at the moment.


Which is the same for Ozil but from an attacking midfield sense. He's being criticised for not getting enough assists.


Ozil is correctly criticised for his drop in productivity in the last 2 seasons.
That has never been a point of argument.
With Ozil it's simply about him at his worst still creating more chances than any other player in our squad.

Auba, at his worst, is not scoring more goals than others - in fact in terms of goals per 90 he's behind both Lacazette and Nketiah.


That's not a like for like comparison. You're switching metrics. Goals and assists are the bread and butter.

What you're doing is comparing chances created to actual goals. It's like someone trying to argue Auba is still getting more shots than everyone else in the squad despite being one of the lowest goal scorers.


Ozil's job is to create.
Assists are chances that are scored, but a creative midfielder is still doing their job if they create chances that are missed. An assist is always a mix of credit to the creator of the chance and the striker.
Right now we can't create chances and no one in our entire squad creates more than Ozil.
That is the Ozil argument.

For Auba, he's the worst this season of Nketiah, Lacazette and himself in terms of goals per 90.
He's failing badly and others are doing better than him.


An attacking midfielder's job is to assist and score, not just create chances but I can't be bothered to get into that again.

I don't think Saka or Pepe had higher chance creation stats than Ozil but both ended up with more assists. I think Pepe and Mkhitaryan were behind Ozil in the chance creation department last season but I haven't seen anyone bring up those stats as a reason why Mkhitaryan should have been kept or Pepe starting more.


We're struggling to create chances, so Ozil, being the best in our sqaud at creating chances, is obviously going to be mentioned.

That said - it has little to do with Auba being terrible this year. He deserves all the criticism he gets for his tepid performances.
It's way past time for him to deliver given his huge salary.
Let's at least agree that we hope he does so on Sunday - would be the perfect time.


Sure, but the problem is, you're also ignoring the chances Auba and Pepe have created despite there being a playmaker element to the winger role.

Lack of goals is the actual problem and the low chance creation stats point to a deeper issue in the squad which can't be blamed all on Aubameyang. It's a massive contradiction in your argument.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:18 pm

... Really not sure why you feel the need to constantly deflect from Aubas horrendous start to the season. He's not creating many chances either. His scoring rate lags behind lacazette and nketiah. He's been shit at everything. He has been one of our very worst players this season and he's on up to 350k a week. All of that is his fault and no one else's.

Once again. Not a single person is arguing that Ozil had been at his best for the last two seasons, but at his worst he is still our most creative player. That is why people are calling for him to be brought back.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Looks well up for it. Leading from the front.
Image
User avatar
alexafc12
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10405
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:20 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Looks well up for it. Leading from the front.


when is he not. amazing captain.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 38104
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby themessiah » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:22 pm

Anyone who thinks this guy is a CF is clearly blind. His runs, his touch, his position. He is really poor! Put him back on the left where he has space to run into if he plays. He cried to play there and can't do the job. There is more to it than just the odd goal
User avatar
themessiah
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:27 pm

themessiah wrote:Anyone who thinks this guy is a CF is clearly blind. His runs, his touch, his position. He is really poor! Put him back on the left where he has space to run into if he plays. He cried to play there and can't do the job. There is more to it than just the odd goal


He's never been good enough to play centrally in the PL.
He HAS to play left - it's the only place he can play.
As a CF he is dogshit.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby KG3 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:27 pm

themessiah wrote:Anyone who thinks this guy is a CF is clearly blind. His runs, his touch, his position. He is really poor! Put him back on the left where he has space to run into if he plays. He cried to play there and can't do the job. There is more to it than just the odd goal


Don’t think he publicly said this was just us fans lol
User avatar
KG3
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:28 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Looks well up for it. Leading from the front.


If that is 'well up for it', god help us.
Playing with the handbrake on.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VCC and 4 guests