Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 pm

I never got to attached to him because of our track record over the last 10 years, great finisher, but it was always gonna be this way with him.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:27 pm

NovaGB wrote:
LMAO wrote:
NovaGB wrote:Vinicius Jnr plus cash for Auba then sell Laca to get a prolific younger CF, change the manager, build the defence, then we are back in it


He's not going to Madrid. Benzema is better than Auba and Real has superior options out wide. And there's no way Papa Flo would offer one of the brightest young talents plus cash in exchange for a striker on the wrong side of 30.


How can you say Benzema is better than Auba? Benzema is a false 9 like Firmino and Auba is a wing forward like Salah.

Its like saying Sokratis is better than Kolasinac.


Auba is naturally a 9 tho. It's just we don't have better options out wide, so he has to be played there because he's too valuable to us to leave on the bench.
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:22 pm

LMAO wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
LMAO wrote:
NovaGB wrote:Vinicius Jnr plus cash for Auba then sell Laca to get a prolific younger CF, change the manager, build the defence, then we are back in it


He's not going to Madrid. Benzema is better than Auba and Real has superior options out wide. And there's no way Papa Flo would offer one of the brightest young talents plus cash in exchange for a striker on the wrong side of 30.


How can you say Benzema is better than Auba? Benzema is a false 9 like Firmino and Auba is a wing forward like Salah.

Its like saying Sokratis is better than Kolasinac.


Auba is naturally a 9 tho. It's just we don't have better options out wide, so he has to be played there because he's too valuable to us to leave on the bench.


Hes not a natural 9, he got moved there when Lewandowski went to Bayern because of his awesome finishing, he played his whole career out wide before that other than used as a 2 man attack, you can see by the way even when hes playing up top hes always out wide right or wide left.

Benzema is a support striker like the role we play Lacazette.

Whatever way you see it, Benzema is good at what he does, but hes not a better goalscorer than Aubameyang and plays completely differently, Auba is a natural 7, right footed pacey winger with a eye for goal, thats why its the number he likes to wear.

Neither of them are natural target men/number 9's.

And to be fair who do they have as better options out wide? Asensio is out for the season, Vasquez is shit, V Jnr flopped hard, Bale is slow as shit now and gets booed every game, and they want to sell him, Auba to them would be a natural Bale or Ronaldo replacement.

He wouldn't be on the bench for us either, if he was a target man who could hold the ball up, he'd play as our main striker, and Laca out wide cos Laca played most of his career as a RW also before Lyon converted him.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Jase89 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:55 pm

gooney wrote:If we sell him I really hope we look into Morelos at rangers. Guy reminds me so much of suarez


Morelos is a great striker but needs to sort out his temperament. He had 19 yellow cards and 5 red cards last season. Worse disciplinary record than Xhaka and Sokratis combined
User avatar
Jase89
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby swipe right » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 pm

We spent years since rvp left pining for a top striker and the minute we got one we started discussing selling him. Our fan base is crazy.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Sims » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:21 pm

He must stay

Love Laca but he’s the most disposable of the two, Auba will age like a fine wine and is a better striker
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 31724
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 am

swipe right wrote:We spent years since rvp left pining for a top striker and the minute we got one we started discussing selling him. Our fan base is crazy.


Obviously because we are in that situation again, soon to be 1 year left on his contract, reluctant to sign etc

If he had 3-4 years left, it would be unthinkable to sell him.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:07 am

NovaGB wrote:
swipe right wrote:We spent years since rvp left pining for a top striker and the minute we got one we started discussing selling him. Our fan base is crazy.


Obviously because we are in that situation again, soon to be 1 year left on his contract, reluctant to sign etc

If he had 3-4 years left, it would be unthinkable to sell him.

Let him run down his contract. We aren’t going to replace him with equal or better quality so hold on to him as long as possible. Without him we are bottom half. Emery is not going to attract talent like Wenger.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:08 pm

swipe right wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
swipe right wrote:We spent years since rvp left pining for a top striker and the minute we got one we started discussing selling him. Our fan base is crazy.


Obviously because we are in that situation again, soon to be 1 year left on his contract, reluctant to sign etc

If he had 3-4 years left, it would be unthinkable to sell him.

Let him run down his contract. We aren’t going to replace him with equal or better quality so hold on to him as long as possible. Without him we are bottom half. Emery is not going to attract talent like Wenger.


Yeah i mean it could work either way, i reckon Haaland could be better than him, the kid is unstoppable in front of the net.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:36 am

Barcelona and Real Madrid are ready to move for Arsenal's 30-year-old Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Mirror)

Spanish champions Barcelona are leading the race to land Aubameyang. (Star)
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 20158
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:04 am

Ach wrote:
Barcelona and Real Madrid are ready to move for Arsenal's 30-year-old Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Mirror)

Spanish champions Barcelona are leading the race to land Aubameyang. (Star)


Barca makes even less sense considering they have 4 of the best forwards in the world.

But as long as they offer good money, we may as well take it.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Nuggets » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 am

If he goes we are definitely looking a mid lower table finish.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18875
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby aniym » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:57 am

NovaGB wrote:
Ach wrote:
Barcelona and Real Madrid are ready to move for Arsenal's 30-year-old Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Mirror)

Spanish champions Barcelona are leading the race to land Aubameyang. (Star)


Barca makes even less sense considering they have 4 of the best forwards in the world.

But as long as they offer good money, we may as well take it.


He's close to 31, and has spent his prime years at good-not-great teams that couldn't bring home silverware. At this point i wouldn't blame him for wanting to pick up some winner's medals, bench player or not. He's been a reliable goalscorer for every team he's ever played for.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7907
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby NovaGB » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:36 am

aniym wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Ach wrote:
Barcelona and Real Madrid are ready to move for Arsenal's 30-year-old Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Mirror)

Spanish champions Barcelona are leading the race to land Aubameyang. (Star)


Barca makes even less sense considering they have 4 of the best forwards in the world.

But as long as they offer good money, we may as well take it.


He's close to 31, and has spent his prime years at good-not-great teams that couldn't bring home silverware. At this point i wouldn't blame him for wanting to pick up some winner's medals, bench player or not. He's been a reliable goalscorer for every team he's ever played for.


Me neither, he always wanted to join Madrid also.

I saw a interesting fact the other day also, if he goes Spain he will be the first player to play in France, England, Italy, Germany & Spain, all the big leagues.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Doubt he'll stay captain under the new manager.
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 20158
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: thebigbangtheo and 5 guests