Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Like a Jack Sparrow suddenly waking up afloat in the sea but now starting to sink before spying some drift wood and clinging onto it for dear life, is how best describes Arsenal some 12 months ago with the whole 'sign da ting' saga of Aubameyang's diamonds and gold encrusted contract offer.

It hasn't escaped me that the fragile and somewhat desperate mentality of the club and gunners world wide in that particular moment in time was result of losing Alexis Sanchez times Robin van Persie times Emmanuel Adebeyor (spit) times Samir Nasri (spit twice plus 1 Our Father and 2 Hail Mary's) divided by Mesut Ozil as an equation.

That we are all duly appreciative of his goal contributions and galvanising effect on the team culminating in another hereditary F.A Cup win remains undiminished or at least it should do by my reckoning, but simply pulling our covid masks up over our eyes should not visually impair us to his failings either.

Petulant fleeing from the stadium accompanied by the roar of his Ferrari after being dropped for the NLD due to his turning up late even if only by 10 seconds, merely lends to the assessment that he is way less fit to be our captain than Granit Xhaka never mind all the other tangible reasons telling us so.

Until the like of Keiran Tierney has the armband on the hook above that which his shirt is on, the equivalent of a giant blue and white chicken suspending itself some 20 feet above the statue and symbolism of Mr. Arsenal, before depositing all the guano it has been constipated with since 1961 right on top of him, will continue to be the reality

No disputing that Aubameyang comes across as quite a personable fellow with a zest for enjoying his life as suits him best and yes, yes, yes he absolutely has every right to and should. My only issue of concern is even if only for 0.0001 of a percent it could reasonably be perceived that playing for Arsenal is ever secondary to his lifestyle.

The organic nature of most things dictates that they run their course before ultimately coming to an end. In that I like that others are opening up to thoughts of Auba and Laca as arsenal players being no more same as befell Henry, Smith and Wright etc, equally grows the optimism spawned by thoughts of Martinelli, Édouard, Balogun as our spearhead strikers or at least pointing us in the right direction having become lost playing Jumanji for nearly twenty years.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:34 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Like a Jack Sparrow suddenly waking up afloat in the sea but now starting to sink before spying some drift wood and clinging onto it for dear life, is how best describes Arsenal some 12 months ago with the whole 'sign da ting' saga of Aubameyang's diamonds and gold encrusted contract offer.

It hasn't escaped me that the fragile and somewhat desperate mentality of the club and gunners world wide in that particular moment of time was result of losing Alexis Sanchez times Robin van Persie times Emmanuel Adebeyor (spit) times Samir Nasri (spit twice plus 1 Our Father and 2 Hail Mary's) divided by Mesut Ozil as an equation.

That we are all duly appreciative of his goal contributions and galvanising effect on the team culminating in another hereditary F.A Cup win remains undiminished or at least it should do by my reckoning, but simply pulling our covid masks up over our eyes should not visually impair us to his failings either.

Petulant fleeing from the stadium accompanied by the roar of his Ferrari after being dropped for the NLD due to his turning up late even if only by 10 seconds, merely lends to the assessment that he is way less fit to be our captain than Granit Xhaka never mind all the other tangible reasons telling us so.

Until the like of Keiran Tierney has the armband on the hook above that which his shirt is on, the equivalent of a giant blue and white chicken suspending itself some 20 feet above the statue and symbolism of Mr. Arsenal, before depositing all the guano it has been constipated with since 1961 right on top of him will continue to be the reality

No disputing that Aubameyang comes across as quite a personable fellow with a zest for enjoying his life as suits him best and yes, yes, yes he absolutely has every right to and should. My only issue of concern is even if only for 0.0001 of a percent it could reasonably be perceived that playing for Arsenal is ever secondary to his lifestyle.

The organic nature of most things dictates that they run their course before ultimately coming to an end. In that I like that others are opening up to thoughts of Auba and Laca as arsenal players being no more same as befell Henry, Smith and Wright etc, equally grows the optimism spawned by thoughts of Martinelli, Édouard, Balogun as our spearhead strikers or at least pointing us in the right direction having become lost playing Jumanji for nearly twenty years.

Some good points.
One of the reasons that I was against offering Auba a new contract of that size and length is that he plays no part in this club regaining its former glory. He simply isn't part of any future that will see us as serious contenders.
Instead of building for a brighter future, we burdened ourselves to the tune of 50m plus with a player whose main focus has always been himself.
That the contract turned out to be a serious error by the club is no surprise at all to me. One only had to look at Auba's declining productivity and history of issues.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:40 pm

Aubameyang has been scoring goals left right and centre for most of his career, suddenly Arteta comes in, we struggle to create chances and he stops scoring.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out what the problem is here.

Arteta is a negative manager that also doesn’t know how to make best use of his best players.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Özim wrote:Aubameyang has been scoring goals left right and centre for most of his career, suddenly Arteta comes in, we struggle to create chances and he stops scoring.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out what the problem is here.

Arteta is a negative manager that also doesn’t know how to make best use of his best players.

He scored goals last year with Arteta.
Sorry - all Auba's excuses have dried up.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 pm

won comfortably without him and looked much better up front

what a shame.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:55 pm

Get your coat, son - the door is over there.
Surplus to requirements.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Hopefully over the flu by Thursday
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Ach wrote:Hopefully over the flu by Thursday

yes, with the shops reopening he can go and buy another Lambo.
Meanwhile, let's get behind the first team for Thursday.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Mess » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Let's get behind the team, period. That include supporting Aubemeyang also. What's the point of shitting on a player who's been very good for Arsenal up until this season? I just don't get it.

Lacazette score: Take that Auba you punk!
Martinelli scores: Aaaaand that's why Auba is shit.
Pepe scores: Who need Aubameyang really

Give it a rest already, it's freakin pathetic.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:03 pm

I want him fit and available. Whether he starts or not is irrelevant cos competition for places is good.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 pm

I'd actually rather he was fit as well, so we can see if Mikel really has the balls to drop him. Our front line is more fluid without him right now but obviously a great player to have on the bench when you need a goal.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:08 pm

Mess wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Lacazette score: Take that Auba you punk!
Martinelli scores: Aaaaand that's why Auba is shit.
Pepe scores: Who need Aubameyang really

Said nobody ever.

Seems praise for any forward player is seen as a threat to Auba fan boys.

Auba hasn't had a sh*t season because of others, he's just had a sh*t season.

If and when he plays and he scores , great, I will cheer him on. It's just he doesn't deserve to play as he hasn't been good enough.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:10 pm

Past is past, his current form isn't good hence need to start from the bench. Laca and Martinelli have taken the opportunities w/both hand so should start next few until Auba comes good again from the bench.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:12 pm

Santi wrote:I'd actually rather he was fit as well, so we can see if Mikel really has the balls to drop him. Our front line is more fluid without him right now but obviously a great player to have on the bench when you need a goal.

Yes, he looked like he could actually run for a short 15 minutes he came on last week. Did pretty well.
An impact sub position, if needed, seems sensible.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:12 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... e-edouard/

auba and laca out

this guy in. balogun as back up.

yes please.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright