Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:33 pm

He's been so deserving of a team of the calibre of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, [Man] City, Liverpool, etc. not Arsenal for years."

That's the tweet.

That's it? This is what has got the haters knickers in a twist?

All I see there is a fan praising how good Auba is and how he can play for elite teams.

He gets in all of their sides as a striker bar maybe Bayern where'd he play on the left. No idea who plays in the left for Bayern but Auba is better.

Thought it was something more like "Arsenal are shit, go play for an elite side" had he liked something like that then yeah hate is understandable but for what it was? Lol

Agendas have to be met though
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 pm

How many ways can i doth get thee bothered by irrelevance
I cross seven seas
Many mountains
And land aplenty to find offence.
Twitter yee not
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Imagine that tweet was about Harry Kane after he just signed a huge new spurs deal and said he wanted to be a Spurs legend.

I don't think we'd ever stop ripping them, and they actually are a small club anyway.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 pm

That Tweet has been unliked now. It's easy to like something on Twitter unintentionally and I'm not even sure Auba is the only one in control of his Twitter account.

But either way, a liked Tweet won't sway my opinion of him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 pm

starmandb wrote:How many ways can i doth get thee bothered by irrelevance
I cross seven seas
Many mountains
And land aplenty to find offence.
Twitter yee not
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Power n Glory wrote:That Tweet has been unliked now. It's easy to like something on Twitter unintentionally and I'm not even sure Auba is the only one in control of his Twitter account.

Lol saw this excuse earlier as well, I've never accidentally liked an anti-Arsenal tweet :dontknow:

Must be harder for him to use twitter I guess lol. All it did was confirm the suspicion that he thinks he's too good for us. Anyway, as long as he doesn't stop scoring goals and does stop trying to call himself a legend then we're all good.
Last edited by Santi on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Santi wrote:Imagine that tweet was about Harry Kane after he just signed a huge new spurs deal and said he wanted to be a Spurs legend.

I don't think we'd ever stop ripping them, and they actually are a small club anyway.

Yeah, because it's Spurs and Harry Kane. We hate both of them.

Do we hate Aubameyang? Why latch on to something so small unless you really don't like the guy?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:Imagine that tweet was about Harry Kane after he just signed a huge new spurs deal and said he wanted to be a Spurs legend.

Do we hate Aubameyang? Why latch on to something so small unless you really don't like the guy?

He doesn't.

He's not as blatant about it as Jay but read his posts over the years about how Laca is better and so on and the digs at Auba.

I couldn't give a shit about Twitter. I'm still waiting for the big announcement the puma twitter said they had for us a few years ago and everyone on here got so excited and I called bullshit and all it was was some fireworks/lights display whilst some posters no names mentioned believed it would be balotelli back when he was decent.

How I mocked them.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

It's not because we hate them that'd we'd be laughing though is it? Otherwise we'd be laughing 24/7..or do you just hate them in spells?

It's because he'd be taking the piss out of their club like Auba seemingly is with ours lol. ~10 days after he signs a new deal and 'wins heart and minds' with the most over the top video, he then likes a comment making Arsenal to be shit?

Wasn't even that bothered but you guys are making me more against him by not giving a f**k lol.

Arsenal is bigger than any player who ever played for the club, just remember that :arsenal3:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:That Tweet has been unliked now. It's easy to like something on Twitter unintentionally and I'm not even sure Auba is the only one in control of his Twitter account.

Lol saw this excuse earlier as well, I've never accidentally liked an anti-Arsenal tweet :dontknow:

Must be harder for him to use twitter I guess lol. All it did was confirm the suspicion that he thinks he's too good for us. Anyway, as long as he doesn't stop scoring goals and does stop trying to call himself a legend then we're all good.

If you use your right thumb to scroll, it's easy to do. Also, considering it's a Tweet that was in French, it could have been a translation issue. Again, I'm not 100% convinced Auba is doing everything on his Twitter. Shit happens. But regardless, this isn't enough to sway my opinion on him or resigning with us.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Ach wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

He doesn't.

He's not as blatant about it as Jay but read his posts over the years about how Laca is better and so on and the digs at Auba.

I couldn't give a shit about Twitter. I'm still waiting for the big announcement the puma twitter said they had for us a few years ago and everyone on here got so excited and I called bullshit and all it was was some fireworks/lights display whilst some posters no names mentioned believed it would be balotelli back when he was decent.

How I mocked them.

Nice try but he's my second favourite in the team til we get Aouar. Just think he is a bit up himself and thinks this club owes him something.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Exactly, how much of it did he even read?

He probably just saw "Auba deserves to play in great teams blah blah".

The man owns a fleet of Lambo's ffs, while Santi's analysing every inch of that tweet and its deeper meaning, Auba is doing 120mph on some open road not giving it a second thought.

Someone obviously pointed out the full meaning of that end line and he's unliked it.

Santi is letting lockdown get to him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Exactly, how much of it did he even read?

He probably just saw "Auba deserves to play in great teams blah blah".

The man owns a fleet of Lambo's ffs, while Santi's analysing every inch of that tweet and its deeper meaning, Auba is doing 120mph on some open road not giving it a second thought.

Someone obviously pointed out the full meaning of that end line and he's unliked it.

Santi is letting lockdown get to him.

OK buddy, only saw it cos it was posted on FB by some other true Arsenal fans who are rightly annoyed at him :)

He was always going to unlike it once he got called out lmao. I guess you think he liked the anti-xhaka one 'by accident' back in the days after the Palace game as well?

I thought I liked Auba but man we really do have some beta fan girls on here making excuses for him. No wonder he thinks he's bigger than the club :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:05 pm

FWIW those clubs are bigger than Arsenal over the last ~10 years and he probably could play for most of them. The issue I have is the fact he's Arsenal captain, just signed a new deal and made this ridiculous OTT video talking about club legends.

Should keep it to himself if he agrees with the comment and act like a captain.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Ach wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

He doesn't.

How I mocked them.

Ahh I see. That's not good.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club