Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:It's just heart over head ....

Signing a 32 year old on high wages with no residual value is not good business.

Actually its hard cold business hence why its happening.

When we have one of the worlds best strikers at the club that we already paid for, settled and scoring over 20 goals a season with less than a year left on his contract when he'll walk away for free ............ why would we not re-sign him?

Pros -
Scores 20+ goals a season
He's already ours so no hefty transfer fee
We're only giving him 50k more than he's already on
If we sold him now we'd get no more than £25m - £30m for a guy with less than 12 months left

Con's -
No resale value - But actually once he's re-signed we could then sell him next season if he plummets, if we don't sign him he does a Ramsey.

So for a club trying to buy other players like CB's and CM's why would we blow £70m+ of our budget trying to replace Auba when we already have a top ST? especially when we'll now get fk all for him?

Its purely lose, lose.

There is no argument in the light of day of our situation where not re-signing Auba is the best thing to do.

Way to completely ignore a major con that Jayram has argued which is his absolutely dire all-round game.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby hs6bx » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:41 am

I can’t wait until he signs and all the closet spurs fans on here have a melt down!
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:58 am

No doubt his every error will be microscopically examined.

It'll be like CSI with Aubameyang on the slab.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:10 am

hs6bx wrote:I can’t wait until he signs and all the closet spurs fans on here have a melt down!

The only Spurs fan here is you. Don't try to make out you are some die-hard Arsenal fan, nobody knows you, talk is cheap
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:29 am

hs6bx wrote:I can’t wait until he signs and all the closet spurs fans on here have a melt down!

Here you are again on the ultimate wind up - calling Arsenal fans Spurs fans, whilst claiming others are trolls.
As for meltdowns - your are already famous for them.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:18 pm

theHotHead wrote:Way to completely ignore a major con that Jayram has argued which is his absolutely dire all-round game.

Funny that because his skill in the box for passes, link up play etc is one of the best in the club.

Is his all round attacking poor when he beats a defender and the keeper?

Luckily he's a striker and so scoring is the most important thing he needs to do.

What a crap argument, Striker scores 2nd most goals in the prem and the argument is ........ "his all round game isn't great" good job he's not a midfielder then. :doh:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Worst of all, none of you anti-Auba fans have answered my last response to EliteKiller.

What do we gain by letting Auba go on a free or selling him for £25m approx?

............. when all of our budget is going toward priority areas like CM and CB.

All we'd be doing is creating a bigger problem, your opposition to Auba is bollocks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Way to completely ignore a major con that Jayram has argued which is his absolutely dire all-round game.

Funny that because his skill in the box for passes, link up play etc is one of the best in the club.

Is his all round attacking poor when he beats a defender and the keeper?

Luckily he's a striker and so scoring is the most important thing he needs to do.

What a crap argument, Striker scores 2nd most goals in the prem and the argument is ........ "his all round game isn't great" good job he's not a midfielder then. :doh:

He is not one of the best in the team for link play - he is poor at it.
His passing is not up to scratch and his hold up play is also not good enough, which I suspect is why he doesn't play in the middle.

Auba's strength is his intelligence to find space to create goal scoring opportunities for himself. He's very good at it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:27 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Worst of all, none of you anti-Auba fans have answered my last response to EliteKiller.

............. when all of our budget is going toward priority areas like CM and CB.

All we'd be doing is creating a bigger problem, your opposition to Auba is bollocks.

We'd gain 70m to invest in other players that are not 31.
I think we'd probably get more like 30m for him - i.e. the 75m in investment I had previously talked about.
It's actually already been answered several times.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Worst of all, none of you anti-Auba fans have answered my last response to EliteKiller.

I think we'd probably get more like 30m for him - i.e. the 75m in investment I had previously talked about.

BS, BS and more BS.

This is fkin hilarious.

How would we gain £70m up front?

Your on crack bruv, his wages are £40m over 3 years right? and there's no way a club will pay £30m for a player with 12 months left, they'd wait till the January window and snatch him for £10m is what would happen.

Your fiscal gymnastics are not even kindergarten worthy.

We lose Auba now, not in 3 years so we don't gain anything now, which is when we would need it because you've just left us with no top ST.

If that's what your argument is based on then you lost before the whistle blew.

What a fraud, he's taking a 3 year spending plan of £45m in wages and cramming it into some mythical amount of invsible cash that pops up now if we don't do it.

If we don't sign Auba ....... WHERE DOES THIS £75m in CASH COME FROM?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:44 pm

I we signed a top drawer player for £70m we could pay it off at £250k a week.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:44 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

BS, BS and more BS.

This is fkin hilarious.

How would we gain £70m up front?

Your on crack bruv, his wages are £40m over 3 years right? and there's no way a club will pay £30m for a player with 12 months left, they'd wait till the January window and snatch him for £10m is what would happen.

Your fiscal gymnastics are not even kindergarten worthy.

We lose Auba now, not in 3 years so we don't gain anything now, which is when we would need it because you've just left us with no top ST.

If that's what your argument is based on then you lost before the whistle blew.

What a fraud, he's taking a 3 year spending plan of £45m in wages and cramming it into some mythical amount of invsible cash that pops up now if we don't do it.

If we don't sign Auba ....... WHERE DOES THIS £75m in CASH COME FROM?

i did not say up front.
You added that because you realise you are wrong again.

We are investing 45m in wages and losing a 30m transfer fee with auba's deal - That's 75m cost we are tying up in Auba that could be invested in other players, both transfer fees and wages.

You asked what we would gain - I have told you several times. You just can't seem to comprehend it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Phil71 wrote:I we signed a top drawer player for £70m we could pay it off at £250k a week.

That is one option, but we'd also need to pay his wages.
I believe we are paying for Pepe over a number of years. The annual cost including his wages is probably in the region of 20m.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I we signed a top drawer player for £70m we could pay it off at £250k a week.

I believe we are paying for Pepe over a number of years. The annual cost including his wages is probably in the region of 25-30m.

It was a joke!

Do you honestly believe we would get a £70m player for £12m a year?

And yeah - we'd have to pay his wages.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I believe we are paying for Pepe over a number of years. The annual cost including his wages is probably in the region of 25-30m.

It was a joke!

Do you honestly believe we would get a £70m player for £12m a year?

And yeah - we'd have to pay his wages.

I know it was a joke, but it is what we are actually doing.
The structure of the Pepe deal was 20m upfront and then 13m per year over 4 years.
His wages are 140k per week, or about 7.2m a year.
Our annual cost, after the upfront 20m, is 20.2m.
Football deals are rarely structured in a way that means the transfer fee comes directly out of the cashflow or even annual operating profit.

So yeah - such a deal is an option, though probably not the best option.
I don;t think we need to pay Pepe level sums to ensure we score more goals next year than we did this year.
Personally I don;t care who scores them or how many an individual player gets.
Liverpool had no strikers scoring 20 goals this season. I am sure they don't mind.

Losing the ability to spend 75m in improving our overall team by signing a 31 yr old Auba remains a mistake in my view.
With Auba, we'll be right back in the same place in 2 years time - assuming he can even maintain 20 or so goals a year.
I've maintained that his 22 over the last 2 seasons is not that special. People keep using it pretend he is a better goal scorer than the likes of Kane and Aguero, but they have been injured over the period and actually have better goals per game rates over those two years.
I am confident that we could replace Auba's goals, where others are fearful that we'd collapse without him.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club