Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Is Auba good enough to say replace Kane? No. Aguero? No. Salah? No.

Yet if you want goals ............ he's scored more than all of them.

Also Salah is not a striker, and the other two are the best in the league, so you can't even mention anyone else in the prem but if he's not as good as those two = sh*t.

Your pathetic mate, Auba is burying you every weekend and your now just trying to talk your way out of it throwing up hail mary excuses.

Wright
Anelka
Henry
Adebayor
Van Persie
Alexis
Aubamayang.

Let's arrange them:

Henry > Wright > Van Persie > Alexis > Anelka > Aubamyang > Adebayor.

As for the 3 I cared to mention.
Kane > Aubamayang (scores as many goals and is a world ahead of Auba in other areas of the game)
Aguero > Aubamayang
Salah > Aubamayang

As for other strikers? He is not as good as Laca, but right now is getting the main gig, so he's scoring. Even Adebayor scored goals in Arsenal's system.

So, if you argue Auba is decent, but not as good as the strikers we have had for the past 20+ years, then OK.
If you argue he is some kind of great player and world class, well that's just funny.

Pretending he is great is not going to make it true.
I will change my opinion when he plays well consistently - which I know is not going to happen.
I didn't even bring him up today - but every time he scores you feel the need to say 'hey look, he is good'. Who is it you are trying to convince? Where were you when Aubayang was absolutely shit against Spurs, Soton, Huddersfield and Utd - and didn't save his dire performances with a goal?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 pm

"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Is Auba good enough to say replace Kane? No. Aguero? No. Salah? No.

Also Salah is not a striker, and the other two are the best in the league, so you can't even mention anyone else in the prem but if he's not as good as those two = sh*t.

Your pathetic mate, Auba is burying you every weekend and your now just trying to talk your way out of it throwing up hail mary excuses.

Kane > Aubamayang (scores as many goals and is a world ahead of Auba in other areas of the game)
Aguero > Aubamayang
Salah > Aubamayang

As for other strikers? He is not as good as Laca, but right now is getting the main gig, so he's scoring. Even Adebayor scored goals in Arsenal's system.

So, if you argue Auba is decent, but not as good as the strikers we have had for the past 20+ years, then OK.
If you argue he is some kind of great player and world class, well that's just funny.

I will change my opinion when he plays well consistently - which I know is not going to happen.
I didn't even bring him up today - but every time he scores you feel the need to say 'hey look, he is good'. Who is it you are trying to convince? Where were you when Aubayang was absolutely shit against Spurs, Soton, Huddersfield and Utd - and didn't save his dire performances with a goal?

Sorry but most of this is just rubbish.

Have you seen how dire football in general is recently? You mention Kane, Aguero and a guy who isn't even a striker Salah. All three of them like Aubameyang flawed but seen is world class in this truly dog era of football.

Aubameyang can't dribble, his technique is good in the touch but rather erratic at times, he can't hold up the ball and isn't the strongest in regards to crosses, headers etc..If he was around 15 years ago he'd barely be seen as top class. I don't like Adebayor at all but if i do agree that he was at his peak abetter player than Aubameyang is not. However this is 2018! Football is a boring, robotic procession losing personality by the second so this is the best your going to get in this climate and he is the best in the league for me right now.

Its clear you played the 'grass is greener' card early with him after his bad start now since hes top scorer your having to backtrack and eat your words but instead digging a deeper hole rather than see where you went wrong.

We are 2nd top scorers in the league, if we had a decent defence we would be genuine title contenders, Aubameyang despite his flaws is quality , better than Kane who is a different type of striker who is better with the holdup play and has better strength to lead the line than Aubameyang can but i don't give a shit, no way i'd have Kane over Auba. Kane's technique is very average, not even near Aubameyang's level, his awareness upfront makes up for it like with Shearer but he's an example of a good striker who is world class in this dog era of football. My brother is a spurs fan and he says himself Kane isn't a true super human player, he's simply very effective. Also Kun Aguero, same thing, 'grass is greener' attitude, he has just as many flaws as Auba, you seen them for Argentina over the years and now and again for City, then you have Salah who isn't even a striker.

I have no issues with Aubameyang and Lacazette for that matter, bith real quality. Our issue is our defence and we have no proper wingers!!!!!

Please just stop digging yourself a bigger hole.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Absolute guff every time he talks about Auba tbh

Scared of his huge cock imo
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:53 pm

I reckon Lacazette's is bigger.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Most PL goals since @Aubameyang7’s Arsenal debut in February:
24 – M. Salah (30 apps)
21 – P-E. AUBAMEYANG (31)
18 – H. Kane (30)
14 – J. Vardy (26)
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Roycck » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:42 am

Auba is scoring and why peeps are still not happy, dont get it.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:56 am

Roycck wrote:Auba is scoring and why peeps are still not happy, dont get it.

its not only about goals. Obviously he is way better than darren bent, but he is a perfect example of why top clubs dont want only a pure goalscorer. A great striker benefits players around him as well. Auba doesnt do that enough
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:07 am

Just score thirty goals this season and everybody will be happy no matter what.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:08 am

Fran Solo wrote:Just score thirty goals this season and everybody will be happy no matter what.

Not if he performs like yesterday. Cause the team wont get anywhere and will score less than the other top teams. This was guardiolas problem with aguero when he first came and demanded more. He even daidits not you score and you have good game as striker and if you dont you have bad games. But guardiola also got big critics because football is viewed different here. But he really improved aguero
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cannoner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:53 am

12 goals from 19 shots.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Hang on a minute DG, are you saying that you would not swap Auba for Salah, Kane or Aguero if given a chance???

Be honest. If your answer is no then it is clear who is smoking the funny fags!!

I like Auba, don't get me wrong, but those 3 are on the next level mate.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:47 am

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Aguero > Aubamayang
Salah > Aubamayang

Sorry but most of this is just rubbish.

Have you seen how dire football in general is recently? You mention Kane, Aguero and a guy who isn't even a striker Salah. All three of them like Aubameyang flawed but seen is world class in this truly dog era of football.

Aubameyang can't dribble, his technique is good in the touch but rather erratic at times, he can't hold up the ball and isn't the strongest in regards to crosses, headers etc..If he was around 15 years ago he'd barely be seen as top class. I don't like Adebayor at all but if i do agree that he was at his peak abetter player than Aubameyang is not. However this is 2018! Football is a boring, robotic procession losing personality by the second so this is the best your going to get in this climate and he is the best in the league for me right now.

Its clear you played the 'grass is greener' card early with him after his bad start now since hes top scorer your having to backtrack and eat your words but instead digging a deeper hole rather than see where you went wrong.

We are 2nd top scorers in the league, if we had a decent defence we would be genuine title contenders, Aubameyang despite his flaws is quality , better than Kane who is a different type of striker who is better with the holdup play and has better strength to lead the line than Aubameyang can but i don't give a shit, no way i'd have Kane over Auba. Kane's technique is very average, not even near Aubameyang's level, his awareness upfront makes up for it like with Shearer but he's an example of a good striker who is world class in this dog era of football. My brother is a spurs fan and he says himself Kane isn't a true super human player, he's simply very effective. Also Kun Aguero, same thing, 'grass is greener' attitude, he has just as many flaws as Auba, you seen them for Argentina over the years and now and again for City, then you have Salah who isn't even a striker.

I have no issues with Aubameyang and Lacazette for that matter, bith real quality. Our issue is our defence and we have no proper wingers!!!!!

Please just stop digging yourself a bigger hole.

Actually everything you just wrote is nonsense, pure side stepping Jay's post and then harping on about football being different. Wtf does that have to do with Jay's points??

Kane is a better all round striker than Auba, he has everything and unlike Auba doesn't go missing for half the game. The only thing Auba has over Kane is pace. I bet my house and car that Auba won't be worth what Kane is worth in a transfer. Kane is being touted as the next megastar English player who will be transferred to one of the big clubs. Aguero's record for City is nothing short of phenomenal, there is a reason he is the one striker City do their damndest to keep. And as for Salah, when Auba is up for the gongs Salah has been up for then you can start to say Auba is on his level.

I can't even believe this is even an argument!!! FFS.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:18 pm

We have one of the best goalscorers in the world at our club and fans are complaining about his contribution? Ridiculous.

How many years did we say that Arsenal need a natural goalscorer, someone with predatory instincts, who can finish our chances because we waste so many?

Auba has been a little bit wasteful this season, but he's still top of the goalscoring charts over the Christmas period. His pace and movement around the box has been an asset. We have benefitted from it massively.

He isn't an all round striker like van Persie was for us, for example, who could offer us anything you wanted from a centre-forward (bar speed). But he's never been that type of player.

People comparing him to the likes of Darren Bent need to have a word with themselves. Darren Bent isn't even close to being on his level.

Manchester City were very close to signing him from Dortmund in 2016. I can't remember why the deal didn't go through, but there's a reason why some of the biggest clubs in Europe were vetting him prior to us signing him.

141 goals in 223 games for Dortmund.

24 goals in 37 games for us.

We have been spoilt for choice with the strikers we've been blessed with over the years. However, we need to appreciate the current options we have. We should be grateful to have such an impactful player in our team.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Luzh 22 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Gooney gonna complain because Gooney things. JRAM just being too proud now. The only reason this is still going on.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club