Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:Love the guy, from his dropping the trophy to his beaming smile. Two world class finishes (remember how after the '94 final - I think - Ferguson was going on about how every kid would be practising Cantona penalties? Auba's was just as good) especially the 2nd. We must keep him as the last thing we need to spend precious money on is a replacement striker.

More importantly a replacement that may not work out
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:56 am

One of the best things about today is that Aubameyang has cemented his legacy somewhat, and will go down as a trophy-winning captain as opposed to just a world class striker who scored a lot of goals. Really pleased for him and obviously hope those two goals today weren't his last.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby hs6bx » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 am

You can’t replace a player who scores so many goals, big goals, and makes it look so f***ing easy. I don’t think some people realise how hard it is to score consistently. We need to keep him at all costs. Pay the man what he wants
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 am

WE should move heaven and earth to get him to sign a new contract the man is the only world-class player we have, let's hang onto him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:............ well I did tell him.

We all bloody told him.

That was my issue with him, he's the definition of a fool.

We all make statements or have opinions, some we get right, some we get wrong, no one gets every opinion right, but only a fool keeps an opinion when he's long past been proven wrong.

Said person then isn't in it for debate or knowledge, that person then is just clearly in it for ego and I have no time for that sort of debate because its pointless.

Its a bad character flaw to not be able to admit when your wrong, it means you don't learn because you don't acknowledge your mistake to begin with, that's a sign of weakness and insecurity.

he is an arschloch of the highgest order... the one who revels in being one....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 am

Callum wrote:
Zenith wrote:Image

superb work from hector to force an attack

Need to call this run out to be honest, I am not a fan of Bellerin at all but this run was superb!!! Where has he been hiding this ability?!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:40 am

Jayram you are my boy and all but, I don't see how you can maintain your argument after yesterday's performance. Auba goes into Arsenal folklore now.

I am sure you will find a way though :lol:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:Need to call this run out to be honest, I am not a fan of Bellerin at all but this run was superb!!! Where has he been hiding this ability?!!!

Bellerin's been coasting for ages now, maybe some of it was due to injuries, others from not being competitive but I think him seeing Cedric and AMN coming for his spot has made him dust off the cobwebs.

Plus and people may think this is dubious but if you saw Bellerin, Xhaka and Holding all watching he 2017 FA Cup final I think that may of woken something up in him, listenting to his comments its almost like he was surprised at how well they played, that might of mentally prepared him for the game tbh.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Ballerina run was good but he lost the ball at the end of it and it’s only chance that the ball ended up with one of our players when the Chelsea player tackled Bellerin and diverted it to him.

Personally would be happy to see him sold to raise funds, he’s overrated IMO and has barely done anything since he’s been with us.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Need to call this run out to be honest, I am not a fan of Bellerin at all but this run was superb!!! Where has he been hiding this ability?!!!

Bellerin's been coasting for ages now, maybe some of it was due to injuries, others from not being competitive but I think him seeing Cedric and AMN coming for his spot has made him dust off the cobwebs.

Plus and people may think this is dubious but if you saw Bellerin, Xhaka and Holding all watching he 2017 FA Cup final I think that may of woken something up in him, listenting to his comments its almost like he was surprised at how well they played, that might of mentally prepared him for the game tbh.

I think it was less to do with coasting and more him recovering from a career-threatening injury. No doubt the competition for his place in the side is a good thing though.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Elite LW. Third best in the world LW after CR7 and Neymar.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:21 pm

themessiah wrote:Elite LW. Third best in the world LW after CR7 and Neymar.

Still not his best position IMO. Far too many times he has to be one trying to cross in balls to Pepe or Laca and I have yet to see that work out.

It should be Saka doing that, playing the ball through to Auba. We just signed him to a long term deal and yet left him on the bench for the past 2 games.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 pm

aniym wrote:
themessiah wrote:Elite LW. Third best in the world LW after CR7 and Neymar.

Still not his best position IMO. Far too many times he has to be one trying to cross in balls to Pepe or Laca and I have yet to see that work out.

It should be Saka doing that, playing the ball through to Auba. We just signed him to a long term deal and yet left him on the bench for the past 2 games.

I've been slowly convinced that playing on the left of a front three is his best position in Arteta's set up, as I think he'd be wasted playing in the central role and doing the graft and defensive work that Lacazette and Nketiah have been doing. He frequently finds space out wide to get into goalscoring positions and isn't picked up as much as he would be playing through the middle. It's not as if he's forced out to the touchline, both he and Pepe are given free roam to drift and attack pockets of space in the opposition defence.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 31, wants to see the Gunners make big signings before he agrees a new deal after firing the club to their 14th FA Cup. (Le10 Sport, via Metro)

Yeah he's gone
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 pm

If it is true that Auba is demanding the club make the signings he wants then I will be interested to see the reaction from the RVP haters.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club