Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: OFFICIAL: PEA signs new contract!

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Callum wrote:
Ach wrote:Already a legend. Fourth best striker we have had in the last 30 years. And he has time to be even better.

If he bangs in 30 plus again this year then he could be the GOAT

1. Henry
2. Bergkamp
3. Giroud
4. Aubameyang

:hail:

Giroud above Auba ??? Are you sure John ?
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

1. Henry
2. Bergkamp
3. Wright

The rest aren't even close so don't deserve the same list. Auba can get there but he's nowhere near those guys purely the fact he's only been here 2.5 years, by the end of his deal that'll be 5.5 which is almost enough to call him a legend if he plays well ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Bergkamp
Wright
Henry
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Callum wrote:
Ach wrote:Already a legend. Fourth best striker we have had in the last 30 years. And he has time to be even better.

If he bangs in 30 plus again this year then he could be the GOAT

1. Henry
2. Bergkamp
3. Giroud
4. Aubameyang

:hail:

Giroud above Auba ??? Are you sure John ?

iz only joke fren
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Santi wrote:1. Henry
2. Bergkamp
3. Wright

The rest aren't even close so don't deserve the same list. Auba can get there but he's nowhere near those guys purely the fact he's only been here 2.5 years, by the end of his deal that'll be 5.5 which is almost enough to call him a legend if he plays well ;)

True that. If Aubameyang keeps scoring at this rate for 3 more years and we pick up another trophy or two with him as captain then he'll be up there (although still likely 4th).
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Wouldn't classify DB10 as a striker. Although if he did play today, he'd probably have been deployed as a striker than a CAM. Dybala is kinda like his type. Not a CAM, but not a pure forward.

If Auba finishes in the top-10 list of goal scorers for Arsenal, he would no doubt classify as an Arsenal legend. Although, I think, with the passage of time, we will all look back at the icons of Emirates era in a kinder light (van Persie, Cesc, Ozil, and Alexis).
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Callum wrote:
Santi wrote:1. Henry
2. Bergkamp
3. Wright

True that. If Aubameyang keeps scoring at this rate for 3 more years and we pick up another trophy or two with him as captain then he'll be up there (although still likely 4th).

Yep 100% :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pm

The only thing I wasn't happy about with the video is the over hyping.

Why do we at Arsenal make fools of ourselves by releasing pressers making our players godlike? guys been here 2.5 years and we're already talking about statues ffs.

No other club does this, its embarrassing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The only thing I wasn't happy about with the video is the over hyping.

Why do we at Arsenal make fools of ourselves by releasing pressers making our players godlike? guys been here 2.5 years and we're already talking about statues ffs.

No other club does this, its embarrassing.

Impressions
Reach
Interactions
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Rayyo wrote:one thing this does show is the direction we are heading.

12 months ago under emery im pretty sure he wouldn't have signed a new deal but he clearly feels that things are moving in the right direction under mikel.

Mikel is doing an amazing job, in all aspects, player managment, tactics, mentality of the team, defensive and offensive transitions.

You couldn't ask for much more considering where we were and what our non spending ass owners input is.

I never wanted him, first to admit, I thought it was a gamble for a guy with no experience, I wanted a Nagglesman, someone younger like Arteta but who has at least cut his teeth.

But as soon as Arteta arrived and gave his first intro interview ........ I was like, ok, agree with all of that, sounds good and have supported him fully ever since.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Just hope we have a decent season, I can see people jumping on his back very easily if we aren't close to the top 4, despite what he's already achieved (they will call it a fluke).

Regardless of what happens in the future, he's done a good job, won a trophy while beating the biggest teams in the country and turned around a team that was shocking beforehand. He might not turn out good enough to win us the title and this could be a fairly extended 'new manager bounce' given his main tasks, as he admitted, was changing the attitude of the players and the culture at the club. Will that alone with a few signings get us to where we need to be? I don't know.

His tactical side looks promising but his subs are still up for question and it'll be interesting to see how we perform over a full season under his stewardship this year. If the good signs continue this year then we really could be on for a winner, if he gets top 6 it's enough for him to continue for me. Deep down hoping for at least a top 4 fight in reality.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:41 pm

i think the chances are higher that he leaves for a bigger job than us sacking him at the minute lol
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Sims wrote:i think the chances are higher that he leaves for a bigger job than us sacking him at the minute lol

This will occur.

Hopefully he gets the Wenger bug and realises this is his baby.

However, if his fav tactic really is the 4-2-31 possession football he might in a few years opt to go to a club that will have the funds to make that happen?

However I think his ties to AFC are pretty strong and he's been put firmly at the heart of AFC, I don't think it would be easy for him to move.

People like Mourhino I feel suffered from job hopping, every time you enter a new set up you have to start from scratch and that's testing / draining, that's why peoples early work is always their greatest, Fergie didn't job hop, Wenger didn't, Mourhino best work is Chelsea MkI and Inter etc.

If you find players and a culture that fits you, its not wise to let that go, culture is massively important to being compatible.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 pm

I don't even have 1% worry that Arteta will leave us. He loves the club, it's his first job so other offers are going to be slim at the moment and I can't see why he would want to go?

He's getting a good rep here, a good level of responsibility and good level of influence. He'll definitely want to get us into the top 4 before even thinking about it and probably would like to win the title. After that, then I'd start to expect he might fancy a new challenge.

Only other thing is if there's any issues between him and the board on transfers but again, so far, they seem to have a good relationship.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Santi wrote:I don't even have 1% worry that Arteta will leave us. He loves the club, it's his first job so other offers are going to be slim at the moment and I can't see why he would want to go?

He's getting a good rep here, a good level of responsibility and good level of influence. He'll definitely want to get us into the top 4 before even thinking about it and probably would like to win the title. After that, then I'd start to expect he might fancy a new challenge.

Only other thing is if there's any issues between him and the board on transfers but again, so far, they seem to have a good relationship.
Barca DNA though :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club