Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:He told his dad he would play for Barca or Madrid can't see him staying

I don't place too much on that, loads of people say stuff but don't do it.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:35 pm

While Aubameyang is clearly above Arsenal’s level, he is nowhere near Real. It’s been his pipe dream for a while now and it’s going to remain a pipe dream. Real isn’t signing 30+ yr old strikers when they have Benz who is better than Auba.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:38 pm

He easily gets on to Reals first 11.

He's better than benzema.

Let's hope we never find out and he stays
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:59 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:While Aubameyang is clearly above Arsenal’s level, he is nowhere near Real. It’s been his pipe dream for a while now and it’s going to remain a pipe dream. Real isn’t signing 30+ yr old strikers when they have Benz who is better than Auba.

Not really. Benzema has been the main man since Ronaldo left, and last season he only had 14 La Liga goals. This season he's improved though, I think it's 17 or 18. He's never been a big goalscorer though, kinda like Drogba. And this is with Marcelo, Toni Kroos and Modric creating chances.

Auba's done noticeably better, even when you include penalties. Plus PL is a tougher league, and Arsenal are a much worse team with no creativity in midfield.

When Henry went to Barca, he was 30yo and played on the wing as Et'oo was the CF. Same could happen with Auba.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:43 pm

L'Équippe > ESPN
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby swipe right » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:54 pm

Auba supported by the likes of Hazard, Ascencio, Bale, Isco, Vinicius and maybe Odegaard is a scary prospect.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm

what kind of world do we live in when Giroud gets a contract extension for doing f**k all for Chelsea and it's uncertain whether we've offered Auba one?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:12 pm

aniym wrote:what kind of world do we live in when Giroud gets a contract extension for doing f**k all for Chelsea and it's uncertain whether we've offered Auba one?

Brilliant tactical move by our directors.

Aubameyang can't turn us down if we don't offer him a new deal.

*Taps forehead*
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:30 pm

We’ve messed this up big time. He either goes for peanuts, we keep him for another year and lose him for nothing or by some miracle we get him to resign for mega money probably for several years (another Ozil situation).

Truth be told the 1st two options are the most likely ones, and selling him for 30 million or so is probably what we’ll end up doing if there’s any takers, but the reality is it’s lose lose for us, we’ve once again left ourselves in a terrible position, the club never learns, what can you do.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Rockape » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:33 pm

I’m sure there would have been months of discussions before this move. Who knows what has been said, but this offer is either a token effort to show the Club wants him to stay, but know he won’t........or he’s agreed it in principle and will sign it.

I know what my money is on!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:56 am

There is one thing going in our favor this time. A bloody pandemic. I can’t imagine it’s going to be convenient for any club to sign a 31 yr old on 300k a week with a 30 mil transfer fee while getting other players to take pay cuts and furloughing staff. If Auba can’t get the deal he wants he’ll run down his contract. Next year at this time he’ll be 32 which will reduce his attractiveness elsewhere. His agent will also not want him to be out of contract at that age for fear of a long term injury. Which means we could do a deal today with an option to sell next year if a club comes in for him with the right money.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 am

aniym wrote:
King of Highbury XIV wrote:While Aubameyang is clearly above Arsenal’s level, he is nowhere near Real. It’s been his pipe dream for a while now and it’s going to remain a pipe dream. Real isn’t signing 30+ yr old strikers when they have Benz who is better than Auba.

Not really. Benzema has been the main man since Ronaldo left, and last season he only had 14 La Liga goals. This season he's improved though, I think it's 17 or 18. He's never been a big goalscorer though, kinda like Drogba. And this is with Marcelo, Toni Kroos and Modric creating chances.

Auba's done noticeably better, even when you include penalties. Plus PL is a tougher league, and Arsenal are a much worse team with no creativity in midfield.

When Henry went to Barca, he was 30yo and played on the wing as Et'oo was the CF. Same could happen with Auba.

Benz has been starting striker for Real for a decade now and has a cabinet full of individual and collective trophies... meanwhile, auba plying his trade in kindergarten leagues.
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 am

King of Highbury XIV wrote:
aniym wrote:

Benz has been starting striker for Real for a decade now and has a cabinet full of individual and collective trophies... meanwhile, auba plying his trade in kindergarten leagues.

Benz has been sucking on Ronaldo’s teat for the past decade. Let’s see what he wins without him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm

swipe right wrote:
aniym wrote:

Benz has been sucking on Ronaldo’s teat for the past decade. Let’s see what he wins without him.

that's why for the past 5 summers auba been wishing for benz's job... i don't see benz wishing he were auba playing for arsenal & dortmund. benz bagged 30+ for OL at the age of 19 and said see ya later alligator off to real. the universe in which the loser auba is on benz's level doesn't exist.

remember this gem https://bleacherreport.com/articles/253 ... senal-move
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm

swipe right wrote:
aniym wrote:

that's why for the past 5 summers auba been wishing for benz's job... i don't see benz wishing he were auba playing for arsenal & dortmund. benz bagged 30+ for OL at the age of 19 and said see ya later alligator off to real. the universe in which the loser auba is on benz's level doesn't exist.

remember this gem https://bleacherreport.com/articles/253 ... senal-move

LOL, what does his Lyon scoring record from a decade ago have to do with anything? Laca put up big numbers at Lyon too, it's a bullshit league.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club