Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Dejan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Losmeister wrote:for me, the selling Auba crew have lost the plot completely... our best ever early career goal scorer...
Jep

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:Seems like you are not reading your own posts, DG #alwayswrong

Where did i say that we should go whole season in multiple comps with one striker? I have just said that Lacazette is good enough to be a main striker. Martinelli and Nketiah for EL/Cup games, and i guess we can sign one more backup for PL, which is more than enough. A natural LW like Everton/Bergwijn could be more useful than Auba to the team, not the mention they are eight years younger and much cheaper in terms of wages.

Martinelli and Nketiah for EL/Cup games??? :doh:

How's Nketiah going to score goals for Arsenal while he's playing for Leeds ffs?? and Martinelli, yes lets pin our Cup games and Europa games on the shoulders of an 18 yr old........... yeah great idea, not!!

........... oh and what do we do if Lacazette gets injured? clever, go to Liverpool with Martinelli up front?

Honestly debating with you is not even fair, I actually feel guilty sometimes, its like me shouting at my hamster.

To summerise, Lacazette IS already our main striker, so obviously he's good enough, but we need two players capable of playing as the main striker, not one player and two teenagers ffs.

That's that Wenger mentality right there ......... take something good and competitive and water it down into mediocrity and killing any chance we have of winning something.

You've really out done yourself today I'm pretty speechless.

im talking for the next season, Nketiah wont be on Leeds by then. I have already mentioned that we should sign another striker as Lacazette backup in PL, DG #alwayswrong.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:16 pm

theHotHead wrote:Both arguments have merit, sell Auba now and recoup big money, keep Auba and get bare goals, I guess it depends on your outlook. If you are looking longer term you are looking to build a team so the money comes in handy. If you are looking short term you want CL qualification and trophies.

Personally I prefer to keep Auba, tried and tested top goal scorer in the prem, an exception can be made on the terms of his next contract. There is no reason to believe he won't have 2 good years left when his contract expires, offer him 2 years with a 3rd as an option depending on performance.

For me there is no merit in wanting to sell him

Unless he gets a big injury he will continue score. His game isn’t about pace whatsoever
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ag6789 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:22 pm

No body in their right state of mind thinks of selling their in-form striker, unless there are disciplinary issues like Tevez/w Mancini and Adebayor w/rest of the dressing room.Auba is in the form of his life, he could be banging in between 25-30 goals in each of next three seasons, and some people are concerned about his age, chances for the youth , on and on and on. Nobody thinks of getting rid of Mess I or Ronaldo because they are 32 and 34 ( when they do, they cry and suffer like Realm, and us , when we sold RVP, biggest mistake Wenger ever made).
Auba and Laca are two of the deadliest strikers in PL, and our best ticket to PL glory, we should be thinking about keep them safe and sound and strengthen the team around them, not about selling or replacing them. If any of youngsters are capable, let them have a champion season, and dethrone them. Not before that.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:24 pm

No way should we sell him.

Why are we even thinking about money?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Parzival38 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Right now on The Debate. ARE WE TITLE CONTENDERS?
Parzival38
Michael Thomas

Postby Mess » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Personally, I find Lacazette is getting too much praise for his "goalscoring prowess". I love his hold up play, his physicality, his energy and perhaps, his passing. I really like the player he is. But I do not think he strikes any particular fear in opposing defenders the way Aubameyang does. He's not "one of the best striker in the league" nor is he "deadly in front of goal". Giroud more or less had the same scoring output as Lacazette and people were sh*tting on him big time. What's Lacazette doing that is SOOO much better than Giroud? Aubameyang is the clear stud on this team when we speak strikers.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:17 am

I dont understand selling either Auba or Laca.

I like Laca as a supporting striker behind Auba.

1) They complement each other well. They look for each other and link up well when on field. Auba is the better goal scorer and a poacher but Laca is the better overall player and the better creator.

2) Both are interchangeable. Wing or central.

3) You get insurance against injury with both on the team.

4) You get depth with both on the team. You can stagger their minutes and rest them during middle of the season.

We are not a deep enough or talented enough team to be selling our top players.

We need to be hoarding more quality if anything.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:45 am

mel4 wrote:It is madness to consider selling Auba.
Pay him whatever he needs; sell who ever is surplus, give away dross. Wages from El Neny, Xhaka, Mkhi should all be given to Auba.
WHAT ARE WE SAVING THE MONEY FOR?

Well its not madness though is it!! Was it madness when Liverpool sold Suarez? That sale effectively begun their revival, with the right approach and investment selling Auba could be a shrewd move, not one that I would be happy about but its hardly madness as you claim.

I could add the sale of Bale for a big sum turned Spurs into actual title challengers.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:22 am

theHotHead wrote:
mel4 wrote:It is madness to consider selling Auba.
Pay him whatever he needs; sell who ever is surplus, give away dross. Wages from El Neny, Xhaka, Mkhi should all be given to Auba.
WHAT ARE WE SAVING THE MONEY FOR?

Well its not madness though is it!! Was it madness when Liverpool sold Suarez? That sale effectively begun their revival, with the right approach and investment selling Auba could be a shrewd move, not one that I would be happy about but its hardly madness as you claim.

I could add the sale of Bale for a big sum turned Spurs into actual title challengers.

It depends entirely what we want - short term or long term success.
Auba is short term. He's 30. His value is not going to go up.
The right time to sell him is now - if we are going to - as opposed to him seeing out his useful career with us.

Think we should have sold him, but it's hard to argue with the great job the club has done with transfers and maybe there were no players available that we could have reinvested the money for.

What is definitely true is that Auba has started the season very well and if he helps us get 4th - great.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby themessiah » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:08 am

Auba has started like a train.

Well, I wasn't going on about wanting to sell him but I was fine with letting him go for say £120 million because that's fantastic return on our investment. That money could've been used to reinvest into the parts of the squad that mandates strengthening!
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am

Parzival38 wrote:Right now on The Debate. ARE WE TITLE CONTENDERS?

No, I don't think we're even close, but Saturday might give us some idea of how far or close we are.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm

Mess wrote:Personally, I find Lacazette is getting too much praise for his "goalscoring prowess". I love his hold up play, his physicality, his energy and perhaps, his passing. I really like the player he is. But I do not think he strikes any particular fear in opposing defenders the way Aubameyang does. He's not "one of the best striker in the league" nor is he "deadly in front of goal". Giroud more or less had the same scoring output as Lacazette and people were sh*tting on him big time. What's Lacazette doing that is SOOO much better than Giroud? Aubameyang is the clear stud on this team when we speak strikers.
Laca and Auba get the best out of each other and clearly enjoy playing together. Why break that up?

Auba-Laca-Pepe

That front three shouldn't even be up for debate now that we have all three.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Auba - Laca - Pepe
Ozil
Torrito - Ceballos

:cloud9:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Mess wrote:Personally, I find Lacazette is getting too much praise for his "goalscoring prowess". I love his hold up play, his physicality, his energy and perhaps, his passing. I really like the player he is. But I do not think he strikes any particular fear in opposing defenders the way Aubameyang does. He's not "one of the best striker in the league" nor is he "deadly in front of goal". Giroud more or less had the same scoring output as Lacazette and people were sh*tting on him big time. What's Lacazette doing that is SOOO much better than Giroud? Aubameyang is the clear stud on this team when we speak strikers.

Laca is Giroud without 10 inches
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club