Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Like I said, it's funny

But then I just remembered you're the one who said saliba shouldn't give a shit about his parent dying and concentrate on football a few months ago

Never change jay. Our best player is ill and you don't care. Like I said who needs spurs fans
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Ach wrote:Like I said, it's funny

But then I just remembered you're the one who said saliba shouldn't give a shit about his parent dying and concentrate on football a few months ago

Never change jay. Our best player is ill and you don't care. Like I said who needs spurs fans

No I said I don't give a shit about Saliba's parents. What Saliba feels is up to him, not my concern.
I expect him to play well if he ever does play for us.
I have no time for any player or person who can't do their job 6 months after a family member dies.

Our best player isn't ill.
Auba is.
As we don't actually need him, still not sure why I should care.

I find the fake concern, like 'thoughts and prayers BS on twitter, to be incredibly weird.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:22 pm

I'm just glad you weren't around when David Rocastle was diagnosed with and later died with cancer

Look him up.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Ach wrote:I'm just glad you weren't around when David Rocastle was diagnosed with and later died with cancer

Look him up.

I remember it well.
You however do not. That much is certain.

Totally different time in football then. The players were actually more relatable. That you drew the comparison just shows you were either not following football or were not even around at that time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:27 pm

The hypocrisy has come out. That's all I wanted
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:32 pm

Ach wrote:The hypocrisy has come out. That's all I wanted

Spoken like a newbie to football.

NOW I understand why you think Auba is an all time great. :rofll:

So anyway, Captain Malaria - terrible season. Contrac mistake confirmed.

What we now have to do is get the best from him as he milks the club for another 35m over the next two years. Probably an impact sub.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 pm

What's that got to do with you being a hypocrite lol

Now you're changing goalposts. It's what you do when made to look a fool
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Ach wrote:What's that got to do with you being a hypocrite lol

Now you're changing goalposts. It's what you do when made to look a fool

Explain what is hypocritical.
Because right now you seem very confused and are lashing out. (which we know is because you are upset I was 100% correct about Auba's contract and you simply can't live with the reality. That is is why i am having fun at your expense all season. You gave it the biggun when I suggested the contract was a mistake and now look at you :) )
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 pm

Keep digging that hole lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 pm

Ach wrote:Keep digging that hole lol

So you can't explain?
That is what I thought.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:42 pm

:rofll:

This is too easy.

Looked up Rocastle yet?

RIP to the legend. Of course you don't care but that's you
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Ach wrote::rofll:

This is too easy.

Looked up Rocastle yet?

RIP to the legend. Of course you don't care but that's you

You are none too smart.
How has Rocky dying and me not caring about Saliba's parents or Captain Malaria translate to hypocrisy to you?
I think you are struggling to understand the meaning of the words you throw around.

You do realise that Rocky played for us 30+ years ago right? Oh , wait, you don't.
You saw the picture of him on TV recently and thought he'd just died. That would explain your confusion.

But as this is the Auba thread - none of your deflections will change the reality that he's been crap and you are seriously bent out of shape that I was right about his contract. Now that IS funny.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 pm

KG3 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Most random statistics with varying start dates ever used to make a player look something he isn't ....... in the same class as Messi and Ronaldo? you keep on smokin' the good stuff.

It's hilarious to see the twitter stats from history being used to justify the CURRENT sh*t season.
Who the f**k cares what Auba did last year or when he was at Dortmund???

What is important is THIS season and right NOW.

I can guarantee his goals in crappy leagues and his good but not great PL scoring record in his first 3 seasons with us will not, and have not, won us any points this year or any matches.

Regarding the stats.

1) most goals European leagues - irrelevant comparison. It's harder to score goals in the PL so any player who has played for longer in the PL over the same period is at a huge disadvantage. i.e. not a stat that can be used to compare players

2 ) fastest to 50. Irrelevant stat. Entirely depends on which stage a player is at in their career when they start in the PL

3) The most PL goals since 2018 stat is OLD. It is from nearly 18 months ago. Irrelevant.

4) The other one - goals and shot conversion - is also old. Irrelevant. Shot conversion is probably the most meaningless stat of all because some players simply take less shots from speculative positions. A shot from 30 yards is counted the same as a shot from 5 yards in that stat. Useless. Over the last 7 seasons based on xg analysis Auba has scored slightly less goals than he should have based on the chances he has had. By contrast, Lacazette for example, has scored far more than he should have.

Here's a stat that IS relevant.

Auba has 9 PL goals this year and his minutes per goal is over 200.
It's a poor return and a massive decline, which is actually off the back of a decline that is a trend from season to season with us.

To add to this one, players like Henry and Costa used to share pens with other players like Pires, Bergkamp, Hazard, Willian etc, whereas Auba is the main taker when he’s on the pitch

Not sure about the other players on the list but they’re probably more who shared a few pens

Bergkamp never took another penalty after missing in the fa cup semi final against Man Utd in 99
4 months before Henry arrived
Pepe scored a penalty v Villa last season with Aubameyang on the pitch
As did lacazette in 17/18 v Stoke
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby KG3 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:01 pm

starmandb wrote:
KG3 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Most random statistics with varying start dates ever used to make a player look something he isn't ....... in the same class as Messi and Ronaldo? you keep on smokin' the good stuff.

It's hilarious to see the twitter stats from history being used to justify the CURRENT sh*t season.
Who the f**k cares what Auba did last year or when he was at Dortmund???

What is important is THIS season and right NOW.

I can guarantee his goals in crappy leagues and his good but not great PL scoring record in his first 3 seasons with us will not, and have not, won us any points this year or any matches.

Regarding the stats.

1) most goals European leagues - irrelevant comparison. It's harder to score goals in the PL so any player who has played for longer in the PL over the same period is at a huge disadvantage. i.e. not a stat that can be used to compare players

2 ) fastest to 50. Irrelevant stat. Entirely depends on which stage a player is at in their career when they start in the PL

3) The most PL goals since 2018 stat is OLD. It is from nearly 18 months ago. Irrelevant.

4) The other one - goals and shot conversion - is also old. Irrelevant. Shot conversion is probably the most meaningless stat of all because some players simply take less shots from speculative positions. A shot from 30 yards is counted the same as a shot from 5 yards in that stat. Useless. Over the last 7 seasons based on xg analysis Auba has scored slightly less goals than he should have based on the chances he has had. By contrast, Lacazette for example, has scored far more than he should have.

Here's a stat that IS relevant.

Auba has 9 PL goals this year and his minutes per goal is over 200.
It's a poor return and a massive decline, which is actually off the back of a decline that is a trend from season to season with us.

To add to this one, players like Henry and Costa used to share pens with other players like Pires, Bergkamp, Hazard, Willian etc, whereas Auba is the main taker when he’s on the pitch

Not sure about the other players on the list but they’re probably more who shared a few pens

Bergkamp never took another penalty after missing in the fa cup semi final against Man Utd in 99
4 months before Henry arrived
Pepe scored a penalty v Villa last season with Aubameyang on the pitch
As did lacazette in 17/18 v Stoke

My bad thanks for correcting me, anyways the point still stand he shared with others that I haven’t mention
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:11 pm

swipe right wrote:Someone do us an analysis comparing Auba’s goal stats at this stage in his Arsenal career vs Henry and RvP. Guaranteed he edges Henry and easily beats RvP.

Aubameyang 11250 mins 83 goals
Henry first 11250 mins at arsenal 78 goals
Van Persie first 11250 mins at arsenal 65 goals
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club